If our Constitution made liberalism, in effect, illegal what should we do with them?.

You are an idiot! First class!

typical abusive violent liberal male!!!
Shame Shame ! Shame!( to a liberal violence is a good argument)
Typical idiot liar! No violence mentioned. Your entire premise is a treat and yet accuse me of violence. Your seditous ass does belong at the end of a rope though.

typical abusive verbal violent liberal male!!!
Shame Shame ! Shame!( to a liberal violence is a good argument)

we have a general welfare clause; we should have no social problems in our Republic.

Says the naive libcommie fool who imagines govt (the source of evil in human history) is more likely to solve rather than create social problems.

Freedom for me, but not for thee. What a wonderful idea. Or something.

Liberal idealism is among other things that the rights contained in the Constitution apply to everyone. Freedom of speech for example.

So if we were to say that the Constitution prohibits anything liberal, that would include speech, and then we would have what? Certainly we would not have America. And you ask then what? Then we would have to start afresh with a new constitution. One that protected all citizens, not just the handful with approved thoughts.

we have a general welfare clause; we should have no social problems in our Republic.

Says the naive libcommie fool who imagines govt (the source of evil in human history) is more likely to solve rather than create social problems.
that power is general, not limited like the common defense.

Have you ever posted anything that wasn't incoherent trolling?
you are the one trolling; i have a valid argument. you simply have no valid rebuttal and prefer to whine about it.

words matter.

One that protected all citizens, not just the handful with approved thoughts.
the Constitution does not approve of all thoughts and should not, obviously. This is why a Nazi or a liberal cant take the oath of office as the Constitution prescribes. Do you understand?

Danny does not speak English as a first language but is positive he is brilliant and poetic in English! Go figure!

Danny does not speak English as a first language but is positive he is brilliant and poetic in English! Go figure!
the power to provide for the general welfare is general; we merely need the metadata to prove it.

the power to provide for the general welfare is general; we merely need the metadata to prove it.
The white knight is talking backwards.

One that protected all citizens, not just the handful with approved thoughts.
the Constitution does not approve of all thoughts and should not, obviously. This is why a Nazi or a liberal cant take the oath of office as the Constitution prescribes. Do you understand?

No. I am afraid I don’t. It wasn’t Liberals who put restrictions on the First Amendment. Liberals fought against the various requirements that were put out there to restrict meetings, and gatherings. Things like requiring that the meeting have an American Flag flying, and start the meeting with the Pledge of Allegance.

I am one of those Liberals who supports the Second Amendment. So we’ll skip that for the moment.

Liberals fought to insure that you and everyone were protected by the fourth, fifth, and sixth amendments. It was Liberals who put a stop to Police beating confessions out of people, and abusing people. It was Liberals who argued and fought against the violation of the Fourth Amendment through Stop and Frisk nonsense. You are promised by the Consittution to be secure in your person, and papers. It was Liberals who fought to make that true in practice instead of just words.

It was Liberals who fought to insure that all citizens were given the same rights to a lawyer, and the right to remain silent.

It was Liberals who argued and fought for the actions to equal the high minded words in the Constitution.

That’s why the Constitution means more today than it did when it was written. It is a good document. It is a good premise. It is a good set of rules, and a great framework for a limited government of, by, and for the people. But our actions and laws must support those rules, instead of seeking to get around them, or limit them.

It is Liberals who objected the loudest to surveillance by the FBI on emails and other communications. It is Liberals who are arguing against the Stingray systems that steal your information from your phone.

So no, I don’t see where some people can’t swear an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. I did. I swore that oath when I joined the Army, and I was in for nine years. While I was in, and when I became a Sergeant and was put in charge of other Soldiers, I strove to care for those soldiers, and made an everliving pain in the ass of myself demanding that my Soldiers get what they were entitled to under Military Regulations. Things like pay, and benefits for themselves and their families.

So I’m afraid I disagree with you on a lot of things here. Because I don’t see those who disagree with me as enemies, but Americans who have a different point of view and I embrace that because thank God for the First Amendment that allows people to have different opinions. Thank God we have the right to express those ideals. I may disagree with people, but I never believe they should not have the same rights as anyone else, nor the same opportunity.

The white knight is talking backwards.
We should, "run it by our new Supreme Court justice."

It was Liberals who argued and fought for the actions to equal the high minded words in the Constitution.

how is that possible given that liberals oppose the basic principle of the Constitution??

The basic principle of the Constitution is that we are a nation of laws, with checks and balances to insure we never have a dictator. The principle behind the Constitution and especially the bill of rights is freedom. That is why Liberals argues that beating confessions out of people was wrong. Do you know why it is wrong?

Forum List

Back