If Only People Understood and Cared

• Thread starter Deleted member 61768
  • Start date

It's nonsense, of course. The scheme at that link presumes that an internal combustion engine can provide the energy to electrolyze water, to produce fuel for itself, and have enough left over to propel a vehicle. Anyone with even the most basic grasp of the relevant sciences can see that it wouldn't work. It takes more energy to electrolyze water than you can get back by burning the hydrogen thus produced.

It might not even matter... NASA has supposedly developed a REAL warp engine similar to what Ray Bradburry invented in Star Trek.

Engage warp drive! Nasa reveals latest designs for a Star Trek-style spacecraft that could make interstellar travel a reality | Daily Mail Online
It would not surprise me to find out that the government keeps a lot of tech. secret from the public.

The public thinks that the press keeps them informed and the technical community believe they have the latest state of the art information, but I don't believe this is necessarily the case. We have precedence for the government keeping tech. secrets for long stretches of time. They do this for national security reasons, economic development reason, or a host of any other reasons.

Yep, the U.S. had rail guns long before the public found out about them.

It's nonsense, of course. The scheme at that link presumes that an internal combustion engine can provide the energy to electrolyze water, to produce fuel for itself, and have enough left over to propel a vehicle. Anyone with even the most basic grasp of the relevant sciences can see that it wouldn't work. It takes more energy to electrolyze water than you can get back by burning the hydrogen thus produced.

It might not even matter... NASA has supposedly developed a REAL warp engine similar to what Ray Bradburry invented in Star Trek.

Engage warp drive! Nasa reveals latest designs for a Star Trek-style spacecraft that could make interstellar travel a reality | Daily Mail Online
It would not surprise me to find out that the government keeps a lot of tech. secret from the public.

The public thinks that the press keeps them informed and the technical community believe they have the latest state of the art information, but I don't believe this is necessarily the case. We have precedence for the government keeping tech. secrets for long stretches of time. They do this for national security reasons, economic development reason, or a host of any other reasons.

The story of the Stealth Bomber is fascinating.

From what I hear, they STILL won't let folks anywhere near it.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Yep, and the U.S. also kept the SR-71 very secretive as well.

If the nation and the research had be intensified we might by now be able to fill your car with distilled water. Pass the distilled water through a separator to separate the Hydrogen from the oxygen then inject the hydrogen into the drive process and fire it with the oxygen then cool the exhaust back into and condense it back into the reservoir to be recycled.

The ignorance in this post is unbelievable.

You don't just get energy out of nothing.

To separate water into hydrogen and oxygen, you have to put energy into it. If all the processes involved were 100% efficient, then you could then get exactly that same amount of energy back by burning the hydrogen with the oxygen. But nothing is 100% efficient, so at every step, you lose some energy.

You've never going to see a car that runs on water, as you describe. Such a car would need to have some other source of energy, to break apart the water, and whatever that source may be, there will be better,more efficient ways to convert that energy into motion than using it to break water into hydrogen and oxygen, and then burning that hydrogen and oxygen.

View attachment 234024
That was a stretch, but it doesn't detract from the use of Hydrogen as a desirable alternative to fossil fuels. I'm amazed that Liberals who beat the drums constantly about carbon emissions say doodly squat about Hydrogen as a fuel.
We have been pounding our reps for years to use excess electric during non peak hours to separate hydrogen from water currently that excess just goes to waist. I know a group of retired Rockwell engineers that spend nearly all of their time working on better hydrogen extraction methods and hydrogen fuel cell motors. People are working on it. The thing is we may not need to. We have recently made some large scientific strides. We have recently had fusion of nuclear material with significantly more energy coming out than going in on a model scale. They do not think there are any issues on scaling but that is one of those things you truly do not know until trying. Also we have made major strides in quantum entanglement. The whole spooky action at a distance thing. They radiated an atom in the US and it's entangled atom in Europe immediately was also radiated. This leads to the possibility of not having to have the fuel on the vehicle and there by not having to move the weight of that fuel. Add in the fact that we are currently making solid material that is lighter than air, all of these advances make moving weight from one point to another a great deal less energy intensive.

Yep, and the U.S. also kept the SR-71 very secretive as well.
Anti-gravity and the TR-3b.

:th_BlackHelicopter::uhh: :tinfoil:

:eek:

:lmao:

Forum List

Back