If one of your kids said that he/she wanted to be the other gender

Would you support and love them no matter what?

• Total voters
Here we go again.

Yes, of course I would still love and support them. However, I would not condone what they were saying.

Here we go again.

Yes, of course I would still love and support them. However, I would not condone what they were saying.
You wouldn't introduce them to a nice little cocktail frock and a night of hair sculpting? I may not like the idea, but I would support them, because you will need to support them when they may come back to the original uhm,,,sex...

Depends on how old they are. If they are fully cooked (Judge Judy phrase), have some life experience under their belt....then yeah. But only after they see a shrink.

If one of your kids said that he/she wanted to be the other gender. Would you support and love them no matter what? I certainly would...Nothing matters more then your children and family.

If I were your kid I'd want to change species.

If that would be the situation - we are talking an hypothetical case, ok? not reality

it would not be easy for either of us

and I'll leave it there

Here we go again.

You wouldn't introduce them to a nice little cocktail frock and a night of hair sculpting? I may not like the idea, but I would support them, because you will need to support them when they may come back to the original uhm,,,sex...

No. My support and love would come with no strings attached.

Another hypothetical question:

Your 15 year old wants to have his/her whole faced tattooed and pierced and their ears made into elf ears or cat ears and their teeth filed to look like fangs. Do you support their decision? Of course you will love them, but would you SUPPORT them in having that done? At 15, they are not fully cooked yet. At 28 years old..nobody will hire them because of what they did to their face. Do you still support them in all aspects for a decision they made when not fully "aware" of what that decision does to their future? What if they change their mind? Kinda hard to do that once its done. Same with changing their sex. IF they are old enough to know the repercussions...then fine. And 15 years old is not old enough. Hell, even 25 year olds make huge mistakes.

I guess it depends on the kid.

Unfortunately..I have strings. Even if its my own kid. Become a druggie, murder people, rape children, etc...they are no kid of mine.
If that makes me a bad person...ok.

Well, in those 2 cases I guess I have strings too. I would not stop loving them, but no way could I accept that.

Here we go again.

Of course kat... Mathew wants to be Missy

I guess we have to support her...

If one of your kids said that he/she wanted to be the other gender. Would you support and love them no matter what? I certainly would...Nothing matters more then your children and family.
I'd love and support them by taking them to a psychiatrist.

Mathew wants to be a girl.. and I guess we have to accept it .. but he claims to have a wife?

Forum List

Back