If Officer Crowley was ...., would people be reacting the same?

If Officer Crowley was (please chose), would people be reacting the same?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a white woman

• a black man

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • a black woman

• an Asian man

• an Asian woman

• a Hispanic man

• a Hispanic woman

• del

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
What a lame post. The situation was what it was. I don't see how playing the "what if" game changes anything. Gates acted like a moron and got what he deserved. If I was his boss down at the college I would be pretty pissed having my college's name and reputation involved in this issue. My guess is that he had tenure and that is the only reason why he can't be fired. In my humble opinion, he is a very bad role model for being a professor in the role that he has and I am damned glad that none of my children ever had an idiot like this for a teacher. Time to quit stirring the pot and move on. This lame issue is history.

if i was the boss of crowley who teaches a racial profiling class for years, i would want my money back.

Probably Gates would have reacted differently.

Probably the cop would have acted differently, too.

What a lame post. The situation was what it was. I don't see how playing the "what if" game changes anything. Gates acted like a moron and got what he deserved. If I was his boss down at the college I would be pretty pissed having my college's name and reputation involved in this issue. My guess is that he had tenure and that is the only reason why he can't be fired. In my humble opinion, he is a very bad role model for being a professor in the role that he has and I am damned glad that none of my children ever had an idiot like this for a teacher. Time to quit stirring the pot and move on. This lame issue is history.

if i was the boss of crowley who teaches a racial profiling class for years, i would want my money back.
Money back? you can't even get Crowley to show ID.

Money back? you can't even get Crowley to show ID.

as his boss i could. and i would. what a failure of dealing with racial profiling and its repercussions. he should fail himself and repeat the class.

Why don't people just accept the facts as they are and stop doing this "what if" bullshit that gets us no where?

My favorite alternate scenario would be: If Crowley were black and Gates were a white man that loudly accused Crowley of being a racist for daring to question his right to be in his own home, whose side would the wingers take?

I have a feeling they'd be on the other side of the argument because in that case they'd SEE that being a race baiting, arrogant fool is not illegal.

I have a feeling this is an impossible scenario. Whites, despite being frequent victims of racist abuse, never say anything about it.

Blacks cry "racism" when their white rape victims struggle.

My favorite alternate scenario would be: If Crowley were black and Gates were a white man that loudly accused Crowley of being a racist for daring to question his right to be in his own home, whose side would the wingers take?

I have a feeling they'd be on the other side of the argument because in that case they'd SEE that being a race baiting, arrogant fool is not illegal.

I have to give Allie Baba kudos on this issue. She's the only one on the right that can see beyond the racial question and understand that this is about the abuse of power. And I have to say I've lost a bit of respect for Manifold.

I'd still be on the cop's side. Gates actions are what got him into trouble.

Forum List

Back