If Officer Crowley was ...., would people be reacting the same?

If Officer Crowley was (please chose), would people be reacting the same?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a white woman

• a black man

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • a black woman

• an Asian man

• an Asian woman

• a Hispanic man

• a Hispanic woman

• del

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
I'm curious to know your answers. Multiple choice.

My question should read:

If Officer Crowley was (please chose), people would be reacting the same.

Last edited:
if crowley was black, we would probably not have this bullshit discussion, because i think, from a afar, the prof. would not have had the opportunity nor inclination to whip out the race card.

please merge thread with the poll

Yes dear! -EZ

Thanks, EZ and can you correct my poll question too? tnx

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what race Crowley was, my reaction would still be the same. He was doing his job and doing it well.

If Crowley had been black, what would Gates actions have been? Pfff, we would never have even heard about it because Gates wouldn't have flown off the handle.

Doesn't matter what race Crowley was, my reaction would still be the same. He was doing his job and doing it well.

If Crowley had been black, what would Gates actions have been? Pfff, we would never have even heard about it because Gates wouldn't have flown off the handle.
One of my posts seems to have got lost.
So you don't think Gates would have gotten annoyed that he was being asked to step out side his own home and show ID? You don't think he would have gotten mad that the officer avoided showing his own ID?

If it were me, I'd have been mad. I might even have yelled.

But my question concerns people's sympathies with white males in positions of authority. Is it just accepted that they are right in everything they do?

My favorite alternate scenario would be: If Crowley were black and Gates were a white man that loudly accused Crowley of being a racist for daring to question his right to be in his own home, whose side would the wingers take?

I have a feeling they'd be on the other side of the argument because in that case they'd SEE that being a race baiting, arrogant fool is not illegal.

I have to give Allie Baba kudos on this issue. She's the only one on the right that can see beyond the racial question and understand that this is about the abuse of power. And I have to say I've lost a bit of respect for Manifold.

If Officer Crowley was del, people would be reacting the same.

But appropriately so.
Del looks pretty sweet in uniform, so if Officer Crowley were Del we'd see a bunch of guys running around in a similar uniform and be talking about nothing else.

What a lame post. The situation was what it was. I don't see how playing the "what if" game changes anything. Gates acted like a moron and got what he deserved. If I was his boss down at the college I would be pretty pissed having my college's name and reputation involved in this issue. My guess is that he had tenure and that is the only reason why he can't be fired. In my humble opinion, he is a very bad role model for being a professor in the role that he has and I am damned glad that none of my children ever had an idiot like this for a teacher. Time to quit stirring the pot and move on. This lame issue is history.

Forum List

Back