If Obama wins the next great hurdle our country must clear is...

Ron Paul surrounded himself with WAY too many miscreants to ever be considered a real candidate.

Could you enlighten me on who the "miscreants" were that he supposedly "surrounded" himself with?

If you are talking about some of the miscreants that made up his supporter base, such as the Stormfront types, than you are more influenced by corporate propaganda than I thought you were.

Everybody needs to understand BUSH IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. Bush's presidency is OVER. McCain is running for office now. Obama has just tried his best to go on and on how McCain is Bush and a lot of you have bought his crap. If McCain is no more Bush then Obama is Jimmy Carter. Like that comparison? They are each their own man with their own ideas. Saying that McCain is EXACTLY like Bush is just a bald face lie that is Obama's MO lies because that is all he has got.

"They are each their own man with their own ideas."

Their own ideas? As far as I could tell, McCain's only differing idea is is healthcare plan, which sucks eggs.

which ones did you lose? I haven't noticed any of mine are gone!

That's because you have not exercised them. You're like most people, you don't think it's important until it personally effects you. Then you will be outraged that everyone has let this happen if it does effect you.

Everybody needs to understand BUSH IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. Bush's presidency is OVER. McCain is running for office now. Obama has just tried his best to go on and on how McCain is Bush and a lot of you have bought his crap. If McCain is no more Bush then Obama is Jimmy Carter. Like that comparison? They are each their own man with their own ideas. Saying that McCain is EXACTLY like Bush is just a bald face lie that is Obama's MO lies because that is all he has got.

Wake up. McCain has presented no substantial change from the Bush doctrine. He still presents that the troop surge is what has resulted in the reduction in violence in Iraq, when in fact the capitulation of policy objectives and payoffs are what has actually achieved this. He stands for continuing the proactive use of the military regardless of costs. He stands for continuing to give tax breaks to the rich so they can divest their US holdings. He stands for continuing the Nixon health care policies.

Where are the (meaningful) "differences"?

There are lots of reasons I don't care for Obama either, but McCain really is just 4 more years of Cheney.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.
-- Bertrand Russell

no, it was abraham lincoln.

Also true.

EDIT:
Now that I'm looking back at the context that Paperboy asked his question, I see that Lincoln was the only answer. I was too hasty in responding.

Last edited:
If Obama wins the next great hurdle our country must clear is...

Putting the American people back to work in jobs that actually pay a livable wage.

If we did NOTHING but that, our society would prosper again despite a corrupt government, race problems, social differences and so forth..

If we solve every problem BUT that, the center cannot hold.

I keep asking over and over for a list of all these liberties we lost. No one can provide one, maybe you can?

The right to privacy, habeas corpus, not to mention using the Justice Department for political purposes to influence elections, bringing up bogus charges against the governor of Alabama, ignoring Congressional supeonas, the omnibus spying bill(Patriot Act), and the complete disrepect for the Constitution.

That's just right off the top of my head...

An example?

Is Ron Paul a Racist?
Is Ron Paul a Racist?

That was just a few of his miscreant associations. If you'd like, I could post an entire page of them.

Angry White Man
Angry White Man

If you haven't read his newsletters ..
Selections From Ron Paul's Newsletters
Selections From Ron Paul's Newsletters

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be." - Ron Paul, 1992

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." - Ron Paul, 1992

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such." - Ron Paul, 1992

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action," Paul wrote.

I could go on.

Whether Paul is himself a racist or not, I don't know, don't care .. but he has surrounded himself with racists and he openly associates himself with them.

Last edited:
You were surprised at me before BAC and now I'm quite surprised at you.

When Ron Paul was running on the Republican ticket there was NOTHING they could get on him! Not a thing. So they dug and dug...and came up with the most benign BS calling him a racist etc. I thought we were done with this but I guess Shit Sticks.

Well it's funny, shit sticks to everyone except Barack.

You were surprised at me before BAC and now I'm quite surprised at you.

When Ron Paul was running on the Republican ticket there was NOTHING they could get on him! Not a thing. So they dug and dug...and came up with the most benign BS calling him a racist etc. I thought we were done with this but I guess Shit Sticks.

Well it's funny, shit sticks to everyone except Barack.

I don't defend Obama against the indefensible.

Writing and research is part of my business. I uncovered the Paul newsletters long before he ran for president and I wrote about what I found .. AND I spoke to the Houston Chronicle, the NAACP branch is Texas, and Paul's former campaign manager.

If you haven't yourself researched this issue you may be surprised.

Address the newsletters .. did the media just make them up?

Forum List

Back