If Obama WASN'T president.........

andy753

Nov 15, 2009
If he didn't get elected, were would we be today? Better? Worse? I'd like to hear a few educated replies. Neubarth, give me some charts! haha jk

I don't think McCain would have acted much differently. Other than not being on the verge of some seriously crappy "lets pretend we're doing something about healthcare" bill, it would be same old shit, different day.

It's not so much where we are right now, but what the future would hold.

pimp.jpg
He would find a gig

I don't think McCain would be very much more popular than Obama. In my opinion, both were poor choices for President - one just a little worse than the other. You had your choice between "Hard Liberal" or "Soft Liberal". We are hurting for good leadership in this country. Obama is not getting the job done and the sad thing is, no matter how much we bitch and moan, I don't see anybody on the horizon who could do much of a better job. It would be nice though, to have a President that didn't constantly tell lies and have to bribe people to get things done.

If he didn't get elected, were would we be today? Better? Worse? I'd like to hear a few educated replies. Neubarth, give me some charts! haha jk

My hunch is that we would be doing slightly better. I don't believe McCain would have allowed the spending of nearly $1 Trillion for a slush fund and the troop levels in Afghanistan would only be slightly higher. We certainly would not have seen a bunch of power-hungry Democrats hiding behind closed doors to get a healthcare bill passed at all costs. The slush fund and the healthcare bills have had a net negative effect on the market.

My hunch is that we would be doing slightly better. I don't believe McCain would have allowed the spending of nearly $1 Trillion for a slush fund and the troop levels in Afghanistan would only be slightly higher. We certainly would not have seen a bunch of power-hungry Democrats hiding behind closed doors to get a healthcare bill passed at all costs. The slush fund and the healthcare bills have had a net negative effect on the market.

McCain voted for TARP.

McCain voted for TARP.

I'm talking about the $787 billion stimulus package to revive the economy. This bill was requested by President Obama and rushed through Congress. I don't believe McCain would have requested it.

McCain voted for TARP.

I'm talking about the $787 billion stimulus package to revive the economy. This bill was requested by President Obama and rushed through Congress. I don't believe McCain would have requested it.

I believe he would have had he been president. Same reason as Obama, trying to buy votes for his party in the fall.

But since he was not elected, no way to say for sure.

How many of Bush's budgets did McCain vote against?

Last edited:
We would be in the middle of a Great Depression. McCain would have enacted "martial law". We would have invaded Yemen and we would be in the midst of a "holy war" with Islam. We would be completely cut off from Europe because they would have turned their back on crazy Republican Conservartive policies. Many of our top scientists would have left the country because they didn't want to teach the "controversy". We would have no health care and many doctors and nurses would have left because they could make more money overseas.
There would have been an enormous outbreak of STD's because of "Planned Parenthood" and the avialibility of contraceptives would have been banned. Many woman would now be dead from back alley abortions.
Republicans would have seen all this as a "great victory" and would say the US is finally "moral".

We would be in the middle of a Great Depression. McCain would have enacted "martial law". We would have invaded Yemen and we would be in the midst of a "holy war" with Islam. We would be completely cut off from Europe because they would have turned their back on crazy Republican Conservartive policies. Many of our top scientists would have left the country because they didn't want to teach the "controversy". We would have no health care and many doctors and nurses would have left because they could make more money overseas.
There would have been an enormous outbreak of STD's because of "Planned Parenthood" and the avialibility of contraceptives would have been banned. Many woman would now be dead from back alley abortions.
Republicans would have seen all this as a "great victory" and would say the US is finally "moral".

I doubt it, we would still have had a Demoncratic majority in congress.

McCain would have been bending over to the Democratic Party agenda in obeisance to "bipartisanship."
Things would have been better only in the sense that he would not have introduced economic uncertainties like cap n tax and a massive healthcare bill. These uncertainties have done more than anything else to limit economic recovery.

I doubt it, we would still have had a Demoncratic majority in congress.

+1

I agree with UScitizen.

Forum List

Back