If Obama Was Serious...

One of the few that have the guts that with independent thinking.
thats why i respect people like him and paulitician.

real-non-supervisor-goods-producing-wages-47-to-07-1982-dollars.gif

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”
― Warren Buffett

I don't really like some of the extreme terms like "class warfare" to describe issues of obvious fairness within the tax code.

Doesn't feel like warfare on me to ask me to pay the same marginal rate as a plumber if I'm in the position of having my money work for me.

I also don't think it's unreasonable to let the Bush Tax Cuts expire on the top 2 tax brackets because a) from a conservative standpoint, we must course-correct since we can't afford them and b) the idea of them was that they were going to create millions of quality American jobs, but all we got was this lousy service-oriented economy t-shirt.

To the President's credit, if you look at any of the charts on his spending, roughly 75% of it is continued spending on Bush initiatives. He put the wars on the books, got Medicare Part D paid for, extended the solvency of Medicare, re-authorized the Bush tax cuts for 2 more years, spent nearly half of his stimulus on the single largest one-time middle class tax cut, kept funding the Dept of Homeland Security which was another Bush expansion of gov't.

What's ridiculous is how careless the previous administration was at putting almost everything on the credit card while putting the rest on layaway. This administration is cash 'n carry, and a lot of it is hold-over spending from the previous guy.

I'm not playing the blame game. All the spending is pretty bad, and I was upset about it in 2002 and 2003 while the folks who are most upset about it now think that it began just a couple years ago or something.

Blame Obama for real things, not made-up crap. I'm happy he cut into Medicare. First Democratic President to have the courage to want to bring some reforms to it. I'm happy with the defense cuts and wish they went even further. I think the Dept of Education needs to be reformed.

I'm happy with some of the streamlining stuff that this administration wants to do, but I'm unhappy about the fact that the House simply will not co-operate on anything that would be successful for the country, because then Barack Obama would be given credit for being competent and for bringing people together on some pretty common sense stuff, and we just can't have that, can we?

I even don't mind the energy policy of this administration. I'm not too big on much more drilling for oil, because the world's supply is diminishing, which is why countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia are drilling further and further offshore. But overall, domestic production is up, while imports are down, which is prudent.

I'd like to see us save upwards of half a trillion or so on the trimming of corporate welfare, but we just can't have that either because then President Obama would get some of the credit for getting done what three quarters of us want done.

I just don't understand the false outrage out there. The guy has been governing not unlike how I would have imagined a moderate Republican President governing only 30 or 40 years ago. Same kind of record and policy stances that are moderate and fair on a number of issues.

Last edited:
Want fairness in the tax Code?

Eliminate it and the 16th and go Flat or FAIR Tax.

Go to what we had before the progressives got hold of it in the early 1900's under Wilson.

Get RID of entitlements across the board.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back