If Obama loses

Because they are not brain dead liberals that do not understand wars can be for a good purpose.

That is true that some wars can be for a good purpose. This one wasn't. He was no threat, but you will die believing in our right to invade because of the inherent need you have to validate you belief and the rightness of those who have died for this lie.

There are just as many brain dead conservatives, retired. You just don't get it.

Well if McCain's voting record is any indication I don't see him as having much sense at all.

he voted No to the right of Habes Corpus for Detainees of the US

He voted Y in favor of FISA

He voted NO to funding for training of firefighters and first responders, and a pay raise of our active-duty military personnel

He vote no on an amendment to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation

He voted no on an the Unintended Pregnancy amendement which would've provided funding for education and prevention of teen pregnancy

He voted no on the Expressing Support for All Men & Women in the U.S. Armed forces which would've opposed comments that criticize the honor, integrity and patriotism of individuals serving or having served HONORABLY in the U.S. Armed Forces.

he voted no for a minimum wage increase

His voting record speaks for itself IMO.

mccain and his new vp are a total joke....i dont know who i feel sorrier for

Some will be voting for McCain, why? Because they are not brain dead liberals that do not understand wars can be for a good purpose. That you think everyone that has ever lost a loved one in a war is going to vote for a party that wants to cut and run is further evidence of where YOUR political compass is.

Wars can be necessary. But this pointless one Iraq is not. It doesn't matter what McCain thinks of WWII (which he is old enough to remember, by the way). It matters what he thinks of Iraq. And on Iraq, he's wrong.

He's also wrong on saying that Iran trains al qaeda, and confusing sunni and shia, and now he's bringing Palin up to speed, who admits to not knowing much about foreign affairs.

He's also wrong on saying that Iran trains al qaeda, and confusing sunni and shia, and now he's bringing Palin up to speed, who admits to not knowing much about foreign affairs.

I know. I read somewhere that he will "teach her" about foreign policy.

Oh good. A couple of 1 hour classes and she should be good to go as President (the most powerful person on Earth)

Did anyone watch Obama's speech last Thursday night? He's all about our military and our veterans. I think we need to pass the torch to the Iraqis and have an organized withdrawal from their country. They're ready for us to leave. Let's not wear out our welcome as we have in the past. How long did it take us to withdraw from Bosnia? We're still in Kosovo. We're still in Korea. Since over 50% of the forces in Iraq and Afghanistan are Reservists and National Guard soldiers, what the heck are we going to do if we have a real crisis somethere else in the world (Iran)? Pennsylvania's National Guard has had units deployed 3 and 4 times in the last 5 years. We're sending a Brigade over soon and another Brigade 9-12 months after that. We're stretching our forces entirely too thin and if the shit hits the fan here, I honestly think we're screwed. Just my opinion. :(

Last edited:
The Roman Empire fell due to an over stretched military combined with a huge deficit. The British Empire fell for pretty much the same reason. Empirical powers tend to invade territories and countries to take over their resources, but while the government is commited to supporting the military defense and occupation of these regions, the profits from these resources go to private interests.

Once the economics fail the military collapses.

We are seriously screwed!

Did anyone watch Obama's speech last Thursday night? He's all about our military and our veterans. I think we need to pass the torch to the Iraqis and have an organized withdrawal from their country. They're ready for us to leave. Let's not wear out our welcome as we have in the past. How long did it take us to withdraw from Bosnia? We're still in Kosovo. We're still in Korea. Since over 50% of the forces in Iraq and Afghanistan are Reservists and National Guard soldiers, what the heck are we going to do if we have a real crisis somethere else in the world (Iran)? Pennsylvania's National Guard has had units deployed 3 and 4 times in the last 5 years. We're sending a Brigade over soon and another Brigade 9-12 months after that. We're stretching our forces entirely too thin and if the shit hits the fan here, I honestly think we're screwed. Just my opinion. :(

Yes I watched it and I agree with your sentiments.

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, $700 billion dollars wasted to set up a Shia government allied with Iran.

I must have missed something. Did Iraq sign a treaty with Iran? Oh, you made that up. Also Shia is a sect of Islam, just as summi is. It is not a form of government. You must have meant Sharia. You are welcome.

Forum List

Back