If Obama loses - will he run again in 2012?

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
Will Obama run again in 2012 and if so what are his chances of getting the nomination again?

Clearly people run for President more than once but what % who run as the nominee run again and regain the nomination for a second time?

Will Obama run again in 2012 and if so what are his chances of getting the nomination again?

Clearly people run for President more than once but what % who run as the nominee run again and regain the nomination for a second time?

Actually I was wondering that myself. I don't think it ever happened before.

Two things could happen if Obama loses:

1.) If he loses in a shady manner then he is likely to get the nomination in 2012.

2.) If he loses in a unshady manner, then all that "campaigning" by Hillary will easily get her the nomination.

If he indeed loses... I hope he disappears, never to be seen again in politics

But unfortunately, even if he does lose, I think we'll see him and his far left rhetoric and stances all too often in the spotlight

No one way in hell he would win the nomination in 2012 again. If he loses this election, Democrats will look at the states he didn't win that she could have won (Arkansas, Missouri, Florida, Ohio) and beat themselves up for four years over it.

If Obama loses today, Hillary will be the President in 2012. No doubt about it.

No one way in hell he would win the nomination in 2012 again. If he loses this election, Democrats will look at the states he didn't win that she could have won (Arkansas, Missouri, Florida, Ohio) and beat themselves up for four years over it.

Hillary/Palin matchup in 2012 if that was the case.

Actually I was wondering that myself. I don't think it ever happened before.

Two things could happen if Obama loses:

1.) If he loses in a shady manner then he is likely to get the nomination in 2012.

2.) If he loses in a unshady manner, then all that "campaigning" by Hillary will easily get her the nomination.

Off the top of my head Nixon ran and lost against Kennedy then came back to win the Presidency by beating Humphrey.

:lol: you actually think Hillary had a better chance? really?

If Hillary had won the nomination every scandal ever brought against bill would've been rehashed by the Republicans. and I really believe the massive right movement to keep another clinton from the white house would've been overwhelming. Plus Hillary didn't excite the democrats the way Obama did.

Hillary/Palin matchup in 2012 if that was the case.

I've said that since the day Palin was chosen. Even if McCain wins, I don't see him running a second time. Despite popular belief, he would NOT be the oldest President sworn into office. He will be the oldest President sworn into office for a first term. After four years, I think he'll have had his feel, step down, and Palin will run.

Palin versus Clinton would be one hell of an election year. Hey, at least that would guarantee the first female President! Could you imagine the SNL skits?!

I tend to agree with you here ...

Plus Hillary didn't excite the democrats the way Obama did.

Strange you should say that, since she received more votes than Obama did in the primaries.

Do I believe Hillary would have had a better chance? You're damn right I do. Look at the Battleground states. They wouldn't BE battleground states if she were the nominee. Florida, Ohio, and Missouri would be locked in her column, and Arkansas would also be hers. She could probably win Indiana, too.

:lol: you actually think Hillary had a better chance? really?

If Hillary had won the nomination every scandal ever brought against bill would've been rehashed by the Republicans. and I really believe the massive right movement to keep another clinton from the white house would've been overwhelming. Plus Hillary didn't excite the democrats the way Obama did.

I dunno, Silence ... I can see the "I Told You So" 2012 tour for Hillary winning ...

Strange you should say that, since she received more votes than Obama did in the primaries.

Do I believe Hillary would have had a better chance? You're damn right I do. Look at the Battleground states. They wouldn't BE battleground states if she were the nominee. Florida, Ohio, and Missouri would be locked in her column, and Arkansas would also be hers. She could probably win Indiana, too.

and yet you still want to claim it has nothing to do with race? why else would hillary win them so easily?

hillary fucked herself out of the nomination it's that simple. I voted for her in the primaries but when she went negative I switched my support to Obama.

and yet you still want to claim it has nothing to do with race? why else would hillary win them so easily?

When did I say it wasn't race? I think I'm the only one on here who said this entire election year has been about nothing but race.

Why would she win them so easily? Because the public knows Hillary, and they're not afraid of what she might do. They've seen what she would do, she's been in the national spotlight for nearly two decades.

Forum List

Back