if obama is so great, then why isn't chicago better ??

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
seriously, i was born in chicago. it was the same way. and it's always been democrat. what about annenberg project and community organising.
what about michelle robinson growing up democrat and being mayor daley's assistant ? (her father was a precinct captain).

with chicago, with it's rich history of democrat politics and politicians, and the obamas as our most prominent native son and daughter., what's up with chicago ?

Last edited:
seriously, i was born in chicago. it was the same way. and it's always been democrat. what about annenberg project and community organising.
what about michelle robinson growing up democrat and being mayor daley's assistant ? (her father was a precinct captain).

with chicago, with it's rich history of democrat politics and politiians, and the obama's as our most prominant native son and daughter., what's up with chicago ?

Obama is the mayor of Chicago, too?

Wow.

with chicago, with it's rich history of democrat politics and politicians, and the obama's as our most prominant native son and daughter., what's up with chicago ?

Obama never ran Chicago.

But I will say that no Politician Can change Chicago. In Order to Rise in the Chicago Political Machine you must play the Game, Corruption, Organized Crime, Union Bosses, By the time you get into a Position to change anything, they own your ass in that Town. Not much Better in the Illinois State Government either.

The thing I liked about growing up on the south side of Chicago was that there were some pragmatic limits. I remember a politician saying there is honest graft and dishonest graft, dishonest graft is wrong. Since that time I have lived in other large cities and some very small towns. All had graft, it was just done differently, the small towns graft I thought were the worst, it was good ole boy graft, wink, wink.

Chicago is one of the great cities of the world, not that that has much to do with Obama. What's your beef?

There is no Reason a City Can be Great, but also have a Corrupted Government.

I love Chicago I love about 230 Miles away by Boat Across the Lake in MI and we go there often, Have lots of Friends there, but to deny that Chicago's government is extremely Corrupted is to Deny Chicago's History, and Current situation.

with chicago, with it's rich history of democrat politics and politicians, and the obamas as our most prominent native son and daughter., what's up with chicago ?

When was Obama mayor of Chicago?

Chicago is one of the great cities of the world, not that that has much to do with Obama. What's your beef?

Take a stroll down Rush St with some gold after dark and come back and say that

I used to live in Hyde Park and I'm reasonably confident some of the community areas around it down there can be a bit more harrowing at times than the North Side. Yes, there's crime and sometimes even murder.

Chicago remains one of the great cities of the world.

When was Obama mayor of Chicago?

13th district of Illinois (includes Chicago) 2 terms as State Senator
Plus another term as US Senator

12 years "representin'" Chicago

I used to live in Hyde Park and I'm reasonably confident some of the community areas around it down there can be a bit more harrowing at times than the North Side. Yes, there's crime and sometimes even murder.

Bullshit. Chicago is the shit hole and not worth going to. So is Detroit and LA....The only progressive city that even nice to look at is San Fran and it still is a fascist shit hole.

Bullshit. Chicago is the shit hole and not worth going to. So is Detroit and LA....The only progressive city that even nice to look at is San Fran and it still is a fascist shit hole.

Ever been there? or just trolling up the thread from your he-haw dump in the south?

Ever been there? or just trolling up the thread from your he-haw dump in the south?

I have been to all of them...Hell grew up In Detroit. Unlike you I am not a ignorant douche who cant think for himself. Nor am I a racist like you progressives cause I would like to actually see our ghettos go away.

Since the people that taught at the University are like the city bosses and run the city ala Obama, I think Milton Friedman who came before Obama is the real culprit. Friedman is the conservative economist that claimed capitalism runs on greed.

Ever been to Stuart, FL??

:eusa_hand:

Where are you from?

The only progressive city that even nice to look at is San Fran and it still is a fascist shit hole.

We must have a different aesthetic.

2008-06-10_3000x1000_chicago_skyline.jpg

Chicago-Skyline-at-Night.jpg

dannyy-840241-albums-new-projects-pic65308-chicago.jpg

chicago_bridges_opt.jpg

01spirit-of-chicago.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back