If Obama doesn't win, what's next for the Democrats?

SuMar

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
Here's a follow-up thread from nodoginnafight's thread. Thoughts?

Hopefully, a willingness to compromise, along with a similar sentiment from the republican side.

If Obama doesn't win, the Republican House will pass a bill requiring the wearing of American flag armbands during daylight hours, which the Democratic Senate will never allow to come to a vote.

We will continue to have deficit spending for the entirety of Romney's first (and last?) term.

Barack Obama will return to the country of his birth...Hawaii...where he will spend the rest of his days smoking pot and working on his presidential library, which will not contain his college transcripts.

My street will finally get fiber optic cable in 2013, the US will finally leave Afghanistan in 2014, someone will finally pull Joe Biden away from doing his bills at the White House kitchen table and tell him he isn't VP any more in 2015, and Patty Murray will finally take a shot at the Big Chair in 2016.

Last edited:
If it turns out Obama loses tonight, you will be hearing the most hastily written concession speech in history.

If Obama doesn't win - it could go two ways.

The Democrats (seeing the success of the GOP strategy) could introduce 247 fillabusters to grid lock government, put governing aside in order to attack Romney 24/7 for four years, and take their chances in 2016.

Or

The Democrats put statesmanship above party politics and work alongside Republicans to do the very best they can for our nation.

I would hope for the second option .... but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

The Democrats (seeing the success of the GOP strategy) could introduce 247 fillabusters to grid lock government, put governing aside in order to attack Romney 24/7 for four years, and take their chances in 2016.

Or

The Democrats put statesmanship above party politics and work alongside Republicans to do the very best they can for our nation.

I would hope for the second option .... but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

That would probably be true provided GOP doesn't pick up seats in the Senate for the majority and repeal Obamacare.

Michelle will be arrested for chasing cars.

If Obama doesn't win, the Republican House will pass a bill requiring the wearing of American flag armbands during daylight hours, which the Democratic Senate will never allow to come to a vote.

We will continue to have deficit spending for the entirety of Romney's first (and last?) term.

Barack Obama will return to the country of his birth...Hawaii...where he will spend the rest of his days smoking pot and working on his presidential library, which will not contain his college transcripts.

My street will finally get fiber optic cable in 2013, the US will finally leave Afghanistan in 2014, someone will finally pull Joe Biden away from doing his bills at the White House kitchen table and tell him he isn't VP any more in 2015, and Patty Murray will finally take a shot at the Big Chair in 2016.

Hawaii is a country? Who the fuck knew?

Or

That would probably be true provided GOP doesn't pick up seats in the Senate for the majority and repeal Obamacare.

How would a senate majority for the GOP affect the Democratic reaction?

Debbie Whatthefuck Schmutz will quickly announce that they had nothing to do with TM's, rdope's, chrissy's, Ruffled Feather's or FrankieWTF's posts.

Forum List

Back