If obama cared he would ask

What is an American made product?

Do you really think Made in the USA means it was made entirely in the US?

Not everything requires foreign parts to manufacture it. ABC has been running a series for weeks that highlights everything that is made in America, and it has actually surprised me what is being made here. It seems that, if you are willing to put a little effort into it, you can find almost anything.

Last edited:
I would actually rate Obama as fairly protectionist. He is noticeably less enthusiastic about free trade agreements than Congressional Republicans. More importantly, he has chosen to bail out American businesses, perhaps most notably in the auto industry, which has the effect of favoring them over foreign competitors.

As to the specific plan of a "Buy American" rule, Obama did just that:

Republicans urge Obama to roll back “Buy American” public-works mandates | Financial Regulatory Forum
US-EU trade war looms as Barack Obama bill urges 'Buy American' - Telegraph

As the links demonstrate, Obama did indeed try to add "Buy American" rules to the stimulus, and met broad opposition.
Uh-oh, now you've done it! Now the CON$ will have to come up with a rationalization to not buy American so they can oppose Obama.

I would actually rate Obama as fairly protectionist. He is noticeably less enthusiastic about free trade agreements than Congressional Republicans. More importantly, he has chosen to bail out American businesses, perhaps most notably in the auto industry, which has the effect of favoring them over foreign competitors.

Republicans urge Obama to roll back “Buy American” public-works mandates | Financial Regulatory Forum

As the links demonstrate, Obama did indeed try to add "Buy American" rules to the stimulus, and met broad opposition.

The only thing obama is pro American is pro union money from the union bosses.
Gee that didn't take long. I predicted CON$ would be against buying American products as soon as they found out Obama supported Buying American in his stimulus package. Now it's buy foreign non-union products over American made products to kill American unions..

What would be more patrioic then to buy only American products in hard economical times? The reason he doesn't because he wants another crisis he doesn't care about this country.

econ 101 for you: Americans would be impoverished if they had to buy expensive, poorly made American union junk. That is why they buy foreign made.

Why do you hate America so much?

Its not a hate thing ... I can buy a sheet of pre finished birch for 34. (china) and 75. (US) . Keeping my cost down keeps me working.
DE Fucking REGULATE

Since obama has no problem mandating that Amwericans buy certian things, why doesn't he use his position to ask American's to buy only American made products? What would be more patrioic then to buy only American products in hard economical times? The reason he doesn't because he wants another crisis he doesn't care about this country.

I started a thread on another board on how the economy could rebound without any guberment help maybe I placed it on the wrong board. But here's how obama can help the economy

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4256857-post1.html

How much support have Made in America plans, submitted in Congress, gotten from Republicans? Perhaps you need to redirect your rancor and start calling out the GOP representatives that keep blocking made in America bills.

The only thing obama is pro American is pro union money from the union bosses.
Gee that didn't take long. I predicted CON$ would be against buying American products as soon as they found out Obama supported Buying American in his stimulus package. Now it's buy foreign non-union products over American made products to kill American unions..

you want to cut cost on American union made goods gut those big fat checks to the union bosses, Why is it a con thing with you? Are you fucking brainless only to live life as a spoilewd little brat that likes to blame the other guy all the time? Go to the fucking cornner you bitch.

Since obama has no problem mandating that Amwericans buy certian things, why doesn't he use his position to ask American's to buy only American made products? What would be more patrioic then to buy only American products in hard economical times? The reason he doesn't because he wants another crisis he doesn't care about this country.

I started a thread on another board on how the economy could rebound without any guberment help maybe I placed it on the wrong board. But here's how obama can help the economy

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4256857-post1.html

How much support have Made in America plans, submitted in Congress, gotten from Republicans? Perhaps you need to redirect your rancor and start calling out the GOP representatives that keep blocking made in America bills.

So everything congress did from 2001 until 2009 was all bush but now it's all republicam congress? All you have to say is I will always blame republicans when things are bad even if there is just one republican alive.

New Topics

Forum List

Back