If no one has noticed Gas is going up again

The market is a little shaky about Iran and the US getting it on and blasting each other.

So what happen last week when gas was going down?

over production by OPEC members, Iraq increasing production, Lybian oil feilds back online, venzuala ended oil workers strike, US exporting more oil as is Canada.
And little Cuba is pumping also.
I really laugh out loud at that. "over production?" Demand hasn't went back up in a weeks time:lol:

Iran is getting ready to close the Strait of Hormuz and hand obama his ass on a silver platter.

Peter Cohan, Contributor

I write from near Boston about startups and political economy

Read it and weep

6/23/2012 @ 9:01AM |6,905 views

Since April President Obama Cut Oil Prices 21%, Boosted GDP $78.4 Billion

WASHINGTON, DC - APRIL 17: (L to R) U.S. President Barack Obama arrives to speak about the oil markets followed by U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner, Commodity Futures Trading Commission Chairman Gary Gensler and U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder in the Rose Garden of the White House on April 17, 2012 in Washington, DC. Obama announced a plan to increase oversight and crack down on manipulation of the oil markets. (Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)

In April, I predicted that President Obama’s $52 million plan to increase the margin requirements and otherwise tighten the screws on oil speculators — who borrow huge sums to bet on the direction of oil without taking delivery — would cut oil prices by 10%. He’s beaten that prediction and the lowered price of gasoline has added $78.4 billion to its consumers’ spending power.

In case you never heard about it, in April the Obama administration asked Congress to spend $52 million to regulate this speculation. According to the Washington Post, this included the following steps:

Read more

Since April President Obama Cut Oil Prices 21%, Boosted GDP $78.4 Billion - Forbes

Obama and Congress spending millions of taxpayers dollars to regulate speculation is too funny for words. Don't they know that speculators make just as much in a down market as they do in an up market?

Iran is getting ready to close the Strait of Hormuz and hand obama his ass on a silver platter.

Actually hand its ass on a plate to the industrialized west.

The reaction to that by the administration would guarantee his re-election.

Maybe it's just regional maybe it's price gouging

Historical Price Charts - Charlotte Gas Prices

I doubt it. Our prices here in KC have gone up and down for weeks now. The market is unstable and I believe Iran is yet again making threats about closing waterways. They even televised a missile attack on a large ship.

Iran must be delt with at some point.

ANWAR is off limits, Keystone is shut down, and don't even think about drilling off US Coasts. The Enviros and the Leftists have made damn sure of this. They sleep at night with not an ounce of worry that the US energy is vulnerable to the instability in the Middle East. The Enviros and the Leftists blame the US for comsumption, global warming but have no problem with China drilling in the Florida straits. America needs to wake up to this blatent double standard all in the name of "Fundamentally Transforming America."

Forum List

Back