If my employment situation was a baseball game this would be how it looks right now

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
My current job just ended due to lost contract and I have a start date for the agency who won contract on 7/1. I also have a interview tomorrow for a state govt job which means it's

The Bottom of the 9th with 2 men on base, one on 2nd and the other on 3rd. No Outs and either two things will happen.

1. I will be employed for sure once July gets here........No way I won't score

2. If I get offered the state job it will be a 3 run homer since that is the job I want the most

It's a WIN/WIN situation so the end result will be

One run will score for sure

OR

2 more will score before the inning is complete

Wish me luck tomorrow yall

My current job just ended due to lost contract and I have a start date for the agency who won contract on 7/1. I also have a interview tomorrow for a state govt job which means it's

The Bottom of the 9th with 2 men on base, one on 2nd and the other on 3rd. No Outs and either two things will happen.

2. If I get offered the state job it will be a 3 run homer since that is the job I want the most

OR

usa_today_12661074.0.jpg

OR

usa_today_12661074.0.jpg

Nope, Me is about to score a RUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

OR

usa_today_12661074.0.jpg

only in your hose

Why do you want a government job? You will not like it.

1. stable
2, Nice Health Benefits

But you won't like it. I would rather make 60k a year at a job I enjoy than 70k a year at a job that I don't enjoy.

You will be stuck with government hacks with no sense of or interest in how to improve things, no sense of efficiency, no interest in streamlining processes, no interest in how to do jobs better..... .... you will hate it. All the normal things that bosses seek from employees they won't give a damn about. Just show up, stamp your stack of papers, and leave.

I would commit suicide in a government job. Well, maybe not, but I would sure feel like it.

Why do you want a government job? You will not like it.

1. stable
2, Nice Health Benefits

But you won't like it. I would rather make 60k a year at a job I enjoy than 70k a year at a job that I don't enjoy.

You will be stuck with government hacks with no sense of or interest in how to improve things, no sense of efficiency, no interest in streamlining processes, no interest in how to do jobs better..... .... you will hate it. All the normal things that bosses seek from employees they won't give a damn about. Just show up, stamp your stack of papers, and leave.

I would commit suicide in a government job. Well, maybe not, but I would sure feel like it.

I like STABILITY

OR

According to Republicans & conservatives if someone is employed by the 'government' they are a leach.

Hopefully you are not a Republican, or a conservative, because if you end up being employed by the 'government' you may experience self loathing, doubt, and suicidal thoughts.

Best of luck in your search for (non government) employment.

Last edited:

OR

usa_today_12661074.0.jpg

Great job fbj
I hope you continue to get the right job at the right time,
learn the most to make the best of your skills and talents,
and meet all the right people to grow
your career and life in the right direction.

Take care, and keep on moving forward
to better and better things!
Yours truly, Emily

Good luck! :113:

You can at least get a base hit, amirite?

In the game of UNEMPLOYMENT, yes a base HIT will allow the man on 3rd to score.....Job already offered I start on 7/1
In the game of UNEMPLOYMENT, a Home Run will score 3 runs.......State Job Offered

OR

By the sounds of it you don't depend on luck. Good luck anyway.

OR

Luck is always good. Thanks I just hate that its on a Monday. I didn;t think the interviewer wanted to interview anyone on a Monday morning

OR

Good luck

OR

Good luck!

Do these prospective employers know the details of why you got fired from your last government job? Did you tell them that you got fired?

What are you going to tell them if they ask you why you got fired at the interview? Personally, I would avoid going into any salacious details or make excuses.

But then if you don't tell them there's also the possibility of them finding out later anyways, and your sure score may play out like this...

...so if you get the job, don't go running your mouth to any of your new co-workers either. People can be backstabbing assholes, especially bureaucrat bitches in an office environment. Trust nobody. And for God sakes, don't talk about it on social media sites like facebook or twitter. That's the first place office busybodies will look for dirt on you to gossip about.

Again, good luck to you fbj.

Last edited:

OR

Luck is always good. Thanks I just hate that its on a Monday. I didn;t think the interviewer wanted to interview anyone on a Monday morning
Better than on a Friday.

OR

Better than on a Friday.

This.

Every interview I’ve ever had on a Friday, I’ve called sick the morning of and cancelled, postponed to Monday/the earliest day the following week.

Anyways, good luck OP. Enjoy those government benefits!

OR

Good luck!

Do these prospective employers know the details of why you got fired from your last government job? Did you tell them that you got fired?

What are you going to tell them if they ask you why you got fired at the interview? Personally, I would avoid going into any salacious details or make excuses.

But then if you don't tell them there's also the possibility of them finding out later anyways, and your sure score may play out like this...

...so if you get the job, don't go running your mouth to any of your new co-workers either. People can be backstabbing assholes, especially bureaucrat bitches in an office environment. Trust nobody. And for God sakes, don't talk about it on social media sites like facebook or twitter. That's the first place office busybodies will look for dirt on you to gossip about.

Again, good luck to you fbj.

The fact that I been at my current employer for close to 6 years, it never came up. They needed pay stubs to verify my current employer and said they didnt need any verification from the job I was fired from in 2013. After being fired because of social media I no longer discuss where I work on facebook or with the women I go on dates with

OR

Better than on a Friday.

This.

Every interview I’ve ever had on a Friday, I’ve called sick the morning of and cancelled, postponed to Monday/the earliest day the following week.

Anyways, good luck OP. Enjoy those government benefits!

They are nice benefits after hearing about them this morning but I got to get that CALL offering me the job. So until then let me get ready for july 1st, the start of the new job

Forum List

Back