If MLK were alive today the rightwingers would call his a race hustler

If Obama wins in 2012, the hard right will riot in the streets.

:lol: Yea. Sure.

"We came unarmed......this time."

I wouldn't be laughing if I were you.

:lol: Yea. Sure.

I'm laughing at the hyperbolic bullshit. Bill Ayres used to tell kids to 'go home and kill your parents. Kill rich people.'.... Did they all go home and kill their parents? No. Did they kill off all the rich? No. Hyperbole. It's funny. Such drama! The right are all gonna come out with guns!! Oh Noes!!! Whatever shall we do?

Fucking drama queens.

Something tells me there will be riots in the streets no matter what.

Meh I'm not so sure Art. That's what we thought a few years ago when the Eagles went to the SB; Win or lose, rabble-rousers were going nuts after the game. Never happened.

Hopefully we'll see the same thing with the election. Losers take it on the cheek, be depressed for a little, and move on.

Win or lose, however, I do hope this polarization madness begins to subside after the next election.

Here's your full post please identify where you say that you are assuming:

"say"

Probably the wrong word considering I'm typing but as a figure of speech, it means "say" or "of my opinion" or my words..

Ah.... if you said "let's say ___________________" it would have been clear that it wasn't intended to be a factual statement.

But I'm the one saying it... Besides "lets say" implies you're speaking for a group, it's plural, besides you spelled it wrong.

You're attempting to say "let us say" when you say "lets" now who the fuck are the rest of you?

None the less I still stand behind what I said in my previous post you have a problem with.

Last edited:
All I'm going to say here is that 90% of business owners are republicans and 50% of the workers are democrats...

wikipedian_protester.png

Well I said "I'm going to assume."

I believe I did cite my own thoughts in my post.

Oh, not to mention we'd be communist by now if I WOULD ASSUME if my thoughts were incorrect.

Ya didn't.

But regardless, I'm guessing you'll find that the percentage of Democratic business owners is probably close to the percentage Democrats in the gen pop.

I can think of at least 4 here, myself included.

Something tells me there will be riots in the streets no matter what.

Meh I'm not so sure Art. That's what we thought a few years ago when the Eagles went to the SB; Win or lose, rabble-rousers were going nuts after the game. Never happened.

Hopefully we'll see the same thing with the election. Losers take it on the cheek, be depressed for a little, and move on.

Win or lose, however, I do hope this polarization madness begins to subside after the next election.

I sure hope so, man.

But if we have a situation like in 2000.........

"say"

Probably the wrong word considering I'm typing but as a figure of speech, it means "say" or "of my opinion" or my words..

Ah.... if you said "let's say ___________________" it would have been clear that it wasn't intended to be a factual statement.

But I'm the one saying it... Besides "lets say" implies you're speaking for a group, it's plural, besides you spelled it wrong.

You're attempting to say "let us say" when you say "lets" now who the fuck are the rest of you?

None the less I still stand behind what I said in my previous post you have a problem with.

"let us say/let's say" is a commonly used phrase to introduce a hypothetical situation.

But since you are standing by that statement I would like to resubmit a request for a citation.

Oh, not to mention we'd be communist by now if I WOULD ASSUME if my thoughts were incorrect.

Ya didn't.

But regardless, I'm guessing you'll find that the percentage of Democratic business owners is probably close to the percentage Democrats in the gen pop.

Nope.... since when did the poor own businesses?

Do you see any republicans living in the projects?

Ya didn't.

Yeah, poor = democrat

Ever been to a trailer park?

so they tea party wont use second amendment solutions like they claimed they would?

Are you asking individuals to shoot you?

What are you some kind of martyr?

So in your tea party brain me asking you if you guys plan on shooting people (like you claimed in the past you would because you did not win an election) is me asking you to shoot me?

Why are you people so violent?

"let us say/let's say" is a commonly used phrase to introduce a hypothetical situation.

But since you are standing by that statement I would like to resubmit a request for a citation.

Lets vs let's

That is the best I can give you....

I figured it was common knowledge that "Lets" was a plural for "Let Us."

Listen up, we watched for EIGHT YEARS what kind of political waters those on the left stirred up, anti-war protesters, Code pinkos invading Congressional hearings, etc etc.

lol, now you sound like the liberal you despise. good one nutter.

Nice way to keep up the blame game bucko.

Lets vs let's

Reread the link you posted.

"Lets" is the verb form.

Johnny lets the dog in from outside every night before he goes to bed.

"Let's" is let us.

Let's say that it rains tomorrow. Should we cancel our trip to the beach?

Again, let's say/let us say is a common way to introduce a hypothetical.

Jackson and Sharpton do a lot of things that King did in the civil rights movement, maybe not 100% but nevertheless they did some very similar things. Today, any African Americans who stands up against racism against minorities and doesn't fall within the rightwing spectrum politically is called a race hustler. When Larry Elder makes a book called "Stupid Black Men and how to play the race card" the rightwingers don't see that as "race hustling" since Elder is a black rightwinger, if Jackson or Sharpton criticizes racism they're race hustlers. King, with his record of fighting against racism would be called a race hustler by today's rightwingers.

What in the world was your motivation for this thread? Are you trying to promote discussion? I doubt it since this is an obviously incendiary tone you took from the beginning. This is kind of like when my 8 year old plops down on the couch bored and says something just to get people riled up. Worst thread I've seen in a long time.

Mike

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

It's a damn shame this part of Dr. King's dream is completely ignored by idiots who see everything through the lens of race.

More like idiots from the right who only know that one quote and forget the others by King and his actions. If rightwingers cared about King;s dream they wouldn't support busting unions and taking away employee benenfits because King got assassinated in Memephis while he was defending those very things.

here is the rub for me, if Obama wins in 2012 we know what to expect. bat shit crazy right wingers will go ballistic and claim the great American experiment is a failure.

Here is what I don't think the Right has even thought about in their blind thirst for power. If they do take the office in 2012, and they may as Obama sort of sucks right now. DO they realize the political climate they have created where zero can get done in the way of governing. It will be a hoot to see them take over and realize they will have to consume the very beast they created. dangerous waters the GOP has entered and most of know it. they could very well win the office and not even get close to passing one bill in 4 years. this is where we seem to be heading.

Listen up, we watched for EIGHT YEARS what kind of political waters those on the left stirred up, anti-war protesters, Code pinkos invading Congressional hearings, etc etc.

so don't go acting like the lefties, Democrats-Liberals are all just little angles who didn't STIR UP SHIT. It all got very disgusting to watch really.

Right. Anyone who dared voice an objection to 4000 American lives being flushed down the toilet in Iraq, of course, they represent all the evil that was the Bush presidency...

jeezus christ.

Ya didn't.

Yeah, poor = democrat

Ever been to a trailer park?

Yeah they're all democrats..

Ever been to a housing project?

Imagine a bunch of trailers stacked on top of one another....

Not true at all. MLK and Jackson/Sharpton don't share the same ideology
Jackson marched with King and of course shares his ideology. What was MLK's ideology to you? You think his entire activism is based on one sentence from his I have a dream speech?

MLK believed in equality not affirmative action. He believed in civil disobedience not violence. The Revs are both advocates of Social Justice as MLK was an advocate of the Golden Rule. The Revs shout, "No Justice no Peace" MLK would never shout such a thing.

Bullshat

Reporter: "Do you feel it's fair to request a multi-billion dollar program of preferential treatment for the Negro, or any other minority?"

Dr. King: "I do indeed...Within common law, we have ample precedents for special compensatory programs. ... America adopted a policy of special treatment for her millions of veterans...They could negotiate loans from banks to launch businesses. They could receive special points to place them ahead in competition for civil service jobs...There was no appreciable resentment of the preferential treatment being given to the special group." -- (Interview,1965, p.367)

"A section of the white population, perceiving Negro pressure for change, misconstrues it as a demand for privileges...The ensuing white backlash intimidates government officials who are already too timorous." -- "Negroes Are Not Moving Too Fast" (p.177)

"Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree, but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic." -- 1964, Why We Can't Wait.

Some would say that MLK had Republican views ( as stated by members of his family) while the Rev are both democratic activists.

Only his niece Alveda King who lied has stated he had Republican views, his father was a Republican but switched to be a Democrat.

Lets vs let's

"Lets" is the verb form.

"Let's" is let us.

You are fucking stupid aren't you?

A) that is not an acceptable citation I gave you, and B) you're actually absorbing it.

Oh and we're debating the word "let's"

The word means "let us."

End of the discussion.

Lets vs let's

"Lets" is the verb form.

"Let's" is let us.

You are fucking stupid aren't you?

A) that is not an acceptable citation I gave you, and B) you're actually absorbing it.

Oh and we're debating the word "let's"

The word means "let us."

End of the discussion.

I'm wondering the same thing about you.

I know "let's" means let us.

Jesus fuck.

:bang3:

Forum List

Back