CDZ If MLK was a womanizer does it matter?

All over the country statues of historical figures are being attacked as details about their personal lives become known.

Columbus day is in the process of losing its name because it has become known that Christopher Columbus was something of a slave trader and a racist.

Bostonians want the name of Faneuil Hall changed because Faneuil at one point in his life owned slaves.

Martin Luther King's sexual exploits aren't exactly a secret. You do have to be careful about believing urban legend. However it seems there is some foundation for believing that he was a real sexual predator. The question that we're asking here is whether or not that should make a difference to his place in history?

If that turns out to be true should the name of the holiday be changed? If he did indeed victimize dozens of women as rumor has it...should his statue still be standing down in DC? Or should the me-too movement speak up until it is removed?

Jo
I think its less about womanizing and more about the rape allegations. It will be tough to overlook the rape stuff if it turns out to be true. We will know in 8 years when the tapes are unsealed.

Why wait 8 years? There are people who have seen and heard the tapes out there already.

If MLK isn't as upstanding as people thought, let's change the 3rd Monday of January to H. Rap Brown's Birthday and we can have a new black icon.

Yup, sure....and if i could be yelling 'I'm f*cking for jesus' outta some hotel room for a living ,i'd be the reverend sparky tomorrow.....~S~

All over the country statues of historical figures are being attacked as details about their personal lives become known.

Columbus day is in the process of losing its name because it has become known that Christopher Columbus was something of a slave trader and a racist.

Bostonians want the name of Faneuil Hall changed because Faneuil at one point in his life owned slaves.

Martin Luther King's sexual exploits aren't exactly a secret. You do have to be careful about believing urban legend. However it seems there is some foundation for believing that he was a real sexual predator. The question that we're asking here is whether or not that should make a difference to his place in history?

If that turns out to be true should the name of the holiday be changed? If he did indeed victimize dozens of women as rumor has it...should his statue still be standing down in DC? Or should the me-too movement speak up until it is removed?

Jo
I think its less about womanizing and more about the rape allegations. It will be tough to overlook the rape stuff if it turns out to be true. We will know in 8 years when the tapes are unsealed.

Why wait 8 years? There are people who have seen and heard the tapes out there already.

If MLK isn't as upstanding as people thought, let's change the 3rd Monday of January to H. Rap Brown's Birthday and we can have a new black icon.
Great claims require great evidence. If you told me you ate eggs for breakfast, i wouldnt need proof, but if you said you ate dragon eggs for breakfast, im going to need more than just your word before i believe it.

Jo

Great claims require great evidence. If you told me you ate eggs for breakfast, i wouldnt need proof, but if you said you ate dragon eggs for breakfast, im going to need more than just your word before i believe it.

Good points, that's why releasing the MLK tapes and other evidence is so critical. Let the people see. If it was a mistake to honor MLK, we can correct that mistake. If not, that's fine too.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." MLK

If he was a womanizer, then clearly he had some character issues. He himself dreamed of, and asked to be judged by the content of his character.

Jo

Being a lady's man is not the same as being a slave owner.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." MLK

If he was a womanizer, then clearly he had some character issues. He himself dreamed of, and asked to be judged by the content of his character.

again, the problem with the "womanizer" thing is that all the women he slept with knew he was married and slept with him anyway, because it was the 1960's and that's what people did.

If everyone involved is a consenting adult, I might not approve, but it's really not my business....

Columbus has been dead for hundreds of years..... But still we're punishing him.

Jo

Well, no, we aren't "punishing' him, we are putting what he did in proper context.

He didn't "discover" America. The people who lived here already knew it was here. What he did do was open the Americas to genocide and exploitation by Europe, resulting in the deaths of tens of millions of people and racism that haunts us to this very day.

Dr. King had consensual sex with some white women... at a time when that was more dangerous for him than them.

He didn't "discover" America. The people who lived here already knew it was here. What he did do was open the Americas to genocide and exploitation by Europe, resulting in the deaths of tens of millions of people and racism that haunts us to this very day.

Dr. King had consensual sex with some white women... at a time when that was more dangerous for him than them.
Yeah, and Alexander Fleming didn't discover penicillin. It was already there.

Last edited:

If he did have sex with a woman who was the wife or goomah of a well connected individual, it would certainly be dangerous as hell for anyone regardless of their ethnicity.

It could also give a clue as to the motive for Mr. Ray to whack him in Memphis. I don't think the prevailing theory that Mr. Ray shot MLK because he didn't like blacks holds any water.

Ray could have taken out a whole slew of blacks standing on the motel balcony if it was racial hatred but he did not.

If Ray was executing the contract of someone who was offended because King was fucking his old lady, that would explain a lot

If he did have sex with a woman who was the wife or goomah of a well connected individual, it would certainly be dangerous as hell for anyone regardless of their ethnicity.

It could also give a clue as to the motive for Mr. Ray to whack him in Memphis. I don't think the prevailing theory that Mr. Ray shot MLK because he didn't like blacks holds any water.

Ray could have taken out a whole slew of blacks standing on the motel balcony if it was racial hatred but he did not.

If Ray was executing the contract of someone who was offended because King was fucking his old lady, that would explain a lot

Not sure what a goomah is, but this is a lot of conspiracy theory stuff.

It's just as likely that Ray was working for the FBI because J. Edgar Hoover thought he was a communist.

Still not seeing how any of this makes MLK a bad person.

Not sure what a goomah is, but this is a lot of conspiracy theory stuff.

It's just as likely that Ray was working for the FBI because J. Edgar Hoover thought he was a communist.

Still not seeing how any of this makes MLK a bad person.

A "goomah" is someone's girlfriend, usually someone who is well connected.

I didn't say it made MLK a "bad person", just that if King were fucking someone's wife or girlfriend, it would provide a reason why someone would want to whack him- and leave his African American friends standing on the balcony alive.

If Director Hoover ordered the whacking of MLK, Hoover's direct superior was Ramsey Clark at the time and Mr. Clark is still alive and would presumably know what his staff was up to.

I didn't say it made MLK a "bad person", just that if King were fucking someone's wife or girlfriend, it would provide a reason why someone would want to whack him- and leave his African American friends standing on the balcony alive.

Or he was a racist who wanted to get the guy who was upsetting the white supremacist order.

If Director Hoover ordered the whacking of MLK, Hoover's direct superior was Ramsey Clark at the time and Mr. Clark is still alive and would presumably know what his staff was up to.

That was the problem... Hoover acted as a law onto himself... which is why it was a scandal when we found out how much he had been spying on the rest of us.

Or he was a racist who wanted to get the guy who was upsetting the white supremacist order.

I guess that would be a possibility, but not a very likely one. Mr. Ray always denied the crime and had good relations with the King Family.

Releasing the tapes would help clear the matter, instead of just having people speculate as to the reason MLK had his ass capped.

That was the problem... Hoover acted as a law onto himself... which is why it was a scandal when we found out how much he had been spying on the rest of us.

If that was the case, all the more reason to bring Mr. Clark before Congress to testify. Clark was supposed to be supervising Director Hoover and if Hoover was acting outside the parameters of his position, it was Clark's responsibility to fire him.

I guess that would be a possibility, but not a very likely one. Mr. Ray always denied the crime and had good relations with the King Family.

Releasing the tapes would help clear the matter, instead of just having people speculate as to the reason MLK had his ass capped.

The lack of curiosity about WHY MLK was whacked among leftards isn't surprising.

Libs are never really interested in investigating anything.

They come up with their assumptions based on their pre-determined narrative, and everything which doesn't conform is thrown out.

In the case of MLK, if he was fucking women who were married to someone else, it would certainly be a real good reason why he would have a contract out on him.

Sure, it goes against the lib theory that Ray was a "republican" but its definitely a possibility. If Paula Corbin Jones dad or husband had gone into the WH and castrated slick Willy, it wouldn't have been due to Clinton's ideas on social justice.

This is similar to the whacking of Seth Rich, where a penniless bum supposedly got whacked in a "botched robbery".

Doesn't even make any sense, but it meets the Liberal Narrative.

Jo

Being a lady's man is not the same as being a slave owner.

Exactly. Owning slaves was legal, adultery, not so much...

No one cares about his womanizing. Its the rape stuff that is problematic.

No one cares about his womanizing. Its the rape stuff that is problematic.

I think they are both problematic, and either could have been the reason for MLK to get himself whacked. Suppose the tapes of MLK showed Mr. Ray talking to Coretta's dad or brother.

We really don't know what happened here at all.

Forum List

Back