CDZ If MLK was a womanizer does it matter?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
All over the country statues of historical figures are being attacked as details about their personal lives become known.

Columbus day is in the process of losing its name because it has become known that Christopher Columbus was something of a slave trader and a racist.

Bostonians want the name of Faneuil Hall changed because Faneuil at one point in his life owned slaves.

Martin Luther King's sexual exploits aren't exactly a secret. You do have to be careful about believing urban legend. However it seems there is some foundation for believing that he was a real sexual predator. The question that we're asking here is whether or not that should make a difference to his place in history?

If that turns out to be true should the name of the holiday be changed? If he did indeed victimize dozens of women as rumor has it...should his statue still be standing down in DC? Or should the me-too movement speak up until it is removed?

Jo

All over the country statues of historical figures are being attacked as details about their personal lives become known.

Columbus day is in the process of losing its name because it has become known that Christopher Columbus was something of a slave trader and a racist.

Bostonians want the name of Faneuil Hall changed because Faneuil at one point in his life owned slaves.

Martin Luther King's sexual exploits aren't exactly a secret. You do have to be careful about believing urban legend. However it seems there is some foundation for believing that he was a real sexual predator. The question that we're asking here is whether or not that should make a difference to his place in history?

If that turns out to be true should the name of the holiday be changed? If he did indeed victimize dozens of women as rumor has it...should his statue still be standing down in DC? Or should the me-too movement speak up until it is removed?

Jo
Anyone who did a crime against women needs to be taken down. The METO group should demand it. Like that is going to happen.

I am sure the Me Too Movement would like to toss his monument in Washington DC into the Potomac over this.

The liberals are busy destroying this country and everyone lets them.

A bullet in Memphis ended that debate ! He may have been a womanizer, But womanizing was an accepted part of Black Culture in the 60's. He probably banged some white girls too ! A statue for another dead guy big deal!

A bullet in Memphis ended that debate ! He may have been a womanizer, But womanizing was an accepted part of Black Culture in the 60's. He probably banged some white girls too ! A statue for another dead guy big deal!
You quote me but your post has nothing to do with what I posted.

Columbus has been dead for hundreds of years..... But still we're punishing him.

Jo

Columbus has been dead for hundreds of years..... But still we're punishing him.

Jo
columbus 1.jpg

Jo
Hate to poke fun but, the FBI taped MLK and while Barr is going thru the classifieds, he might peek a listen and confirm or deny the sex stories. I always remember, nobody's perfect.

Jo
Hate to poke fun but, the FBI taped MLK and while Barr is going thru the classifieds, he might peek a listen and confirm or deny the sex stories. I always remember, nobody's perfect.

Ok...so to you it doesn't really matter.
His place in history is unrelated to me-too-ism.

Jo

funny because he didn't even discover "America" Probably Cuba but not America

Jo

They can change it to "Bulgers Auditorium" Bostonians love Mobsters and Whitey didn't own any Slaves so there ya go problem solved! OOOPS sorry anything that memorializes "Whitey" has to be taken down. Tear down all the churches too. Christians murdered Muslims in the 12th Century and took them as Slaves churches Gotta go! Can't allow people to revere their Ancestors who butchered and enslaved others for profit. sorry no double standards. MLK's Ancestors were from Sub Saharan Africa chances are they owned or condoned slavery in some form tear down all his statues and rename every highway that bears his name Fair is Fair! Equality under the Law!

Jo

funny because he didn't even discover "America" Probably Cuba but not America

Then we need to tear down Cuba!

Jo

Jo

They can change it to "Bulgers Auditorium" Bostonians love Mobsters and Whitey didn't own any Slaves so there ya go problem solved! OOOPS sorry anything that memorializes "Whitey" has to be taken down. Tear down all the churches too. Christians murdered Muslims in the 12th Century and took them as Slaves churches Gotta go! Can't allow people to revere their Ancestors who butchered and enslaved others for profit. sorry no double standards. MLK's Ancestors were from Sub Saharan Africa chances are they owned or condoned slavery in some form tear down all his statues and rename every highway that bears his name Fair is Fair! Equality under the Law!

Interesting post and one I support as a beacon of just plain common sense.
I'm not in favor of changing anything that commemorates history in general.

Jo

Those who fail to understand the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them. So let them wipe out all reference to slavery, then in a 100 years we can make blacks slaves again if they're that stupid.

Jo
I think its less about womanizing and more about the rape allegations. It will be tough to overlook the rape stuff if it turns out to be true. We will know in 8 years when the tapes are unsealed.

Forum List

Back