if medicare is so great......

all the olde folks i know that are on it like it.....

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, it is great for the insured, but it is a nightmare to control and costs our government a fortune.

Well, of course it costs a fortune. It is insuring exactly the people that need the most medical help. Now if it were covering all citizens, the per capita cost would more than likely be considerably below what the present health care cost per capita is here in the US.

Well, the person orchestrating most of the attacks on the present attempts at reforming health care in this nation was convicted of defrauding Medicare of 1.7 billion dollars. So we well know who is interested in keeping things as they are at present.

Well, the person orchestrating most of the attacks on the present attempts at reforming health care in this nation was convicted of defrauding Medicare of 1.7 billion dollars. So we well know who is interested in keeping things as they are at present.

The fact that low-life piece of shit is opposing it tells me Congress is on the right track.

"Waste, fraud and abuse" is political-speak. It means nothing at all. If it was so easy to cut waste, fraud and abuse, we'd have done it already.

I disagree with your assessment. This is very similar to illegal immigration. Our government to date, has not spent the time, money nor resources to enforce it's rules and policies. Fraud is so rampant within MediCare and MediCaid because there is little chance of anyone actually getting caught.

all the olde folks i know that are on it like it.....
FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, it is great for the insured, but it is a nightmare to control and costs our government a fortune.

Well, of course it costs a fortune. It is insuring exactly the people that need the most medical help. Now if it were covering all citizens, the per capita cost would more than likely be considerably below what the present health care cost per capita is here in the US.
That sounds about right. After all, we all pitch in to pay for health care for government employees (including the military) and the retired government employees.

"Waste, fraud and abuse" is political-speak. It means nothing at all. If it was so easy to cut waste, fraud and abuse, we'd have done it already.

I disagree with your assessment. This is very similar to illegal immigration. Our government to date, has not spent the time, money nor resources to enforce it's rules and policies. Fraud is so rampant within MediCare and MediCaid because there is little chance of anyone actually getting caught.

I'm not saying that there isn't "waste, fraud and abuse". Just like there's rampant private insurance fraud as well. But for everyway that government can crack down on it, people will find more ways to commit the fraud. I work in politics, its a fairly common catchphrase - but it doesn't really mean anything.

I work in politics, its a fairly common catchphrase - but it doesn't really mean anything.

I'm sorry.

There's nothing that quite compares to working on a campaign. It's terrible, and it destroys any misconceptions about the way things really work.

But there's no better rush than, after months and months of working 20 hour days/7 days a week, you sit, with a beer in hand in the campaign office and watch the numbers come in - and you realize that you've won.

why not just offer it to everyone......

Grand idea.

Essentially that's what they're trying to do.

no they aren't....they are creating a government run and funded health insurance company to compete with the private sector health insurance companies....and in order to fund it they are cutting 50 billion out of the existing single payer government funded senior health insurance company....and they will also tax everyone to help pay for it.....

talk about competitive advantage...yet somehow they will still fuck it up....

Last edited:
why not just offer it to everyone......

Grand idea.

Essentially that's what they're trying to do.

no they aren't....they are creating a government run and funded health insurance company to compete with the private sector health insurance companies....and in order to fund it they are cutting 50 billion out of the existing single payer government funded senior health insurance company....and they will also tax everyone to help pay for it.....

talk about competitive advantage...yet somehow they will still fuck it up....
Link to where they're cutting 50 billion from Medicare?

Forum List

Back