if medicare is so great......

all the olde folks i know that are on it like it.....

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, it is great for the insured, but it is a nightmare to control and costs our government a fortune.

i don't disagree with your assesment......so i am curious....if we already have a government run and funded health insurance company that is prtty much as you say.....

and they are about to set up another one.....

tell me why we should expect different results.....

all the olde folks i know that are on it like it.....

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, it is great for the insured, but it is a nightmare to control and costs our government a fortune.

i don't disagree with your assesment......so i am curious....if we already have a government run and funded health insurance company that is prtty much as you say.....

:lol: Nice !~

I openly admit I do not have all of the answers, however I DO know that a key part of healthcare reform is reforming MediCare and MediCaid to cut waste and improve efficiencies, which in turn will help to drive down costs.

I openly admit I do not have all of the answers, however I DO know that a key part of healthcare reform is reforming MediCare and MediCaid to cut waste and improve efficiencies, which in turn will help to drive down costs.

How about we start there ?

cutting waste and inefficeny will be seen as objective by some.....what you may see as waste may seem to the one getting care as a necessary test or visit.....

iand the mere concept that the government can suddenly not be wastefull and inefficient is an expectation that is counter to what a government wants to be....

does reforming medicare mean you'd support the wasteful spending currently that prevents medicare from making deals for lower cost drugs?

does reforming medicare mean you'd support the wasteful spending currently that prevents medicare from making deals for lower cost drugs?

Hell no. That was a sweetheart deal that Bush cut with PhRMA, which made no sense to me at all?

The political process used to pass Part D was the worst abuse of the legislative process I have seen during my 20 years in Congress. In the months before its passage, a few powerful Republican leaders worked to undermine conscientious reform proposals. In early 2003, while the House bill was being drafted, Democrats and Republicans authored 59 sensible amendments to it. At the behest of the Republican leadership, however, the House Committee on Rules rejected all but one, preventing them from being debated by Congress. Many of those amendments — among them, one requiring the administration to use beneficiaries' collective purchasing power to negotiate lower prices and one allowing Americans to import cheaper drugs from Canada — would have made the legislation far more effective and probably would have received bipartisan support, had they been allowed onto the floor.
link to NJM article...
-Louise M. Slaughter, M.P.H.

The political process used to pass Part D was the worst abuse of the legislative process I have seen during my 20 years in Congress. In the months before its passage, a few powerful Republican leaders worked to undermine conscientious reform proposals. In early 2003, while the House bill was being drafted, Democrats and Republicans authored 59 sensible amendments to it. At the behest of the Republican leadership, however, the House Committee on Rules rejected all but one, preventing them from being debated by Congress. Many of those amendments — among them, one requiring the administration to use beneficiaries' collective purchasing power to negotiate lower prices and one allowing Americans to import cheaper drugs from Canada — would have made the legislation far more effective and probably would have received bipartisan support, had they been allowed onto the floor.
link to NJM article...

then i would certainly expect the dem controled house and senate to overturn this and make things right....so the "O" man can sign the "right" law into law....

link to NJM article...

then i would certainly expect the dem controled house and senate to overturn this and make things right....so the "O" man can sign the "right" law into law....

Obama is NO Clinton. We will not get the health care reform we need. Fuck the insurance industry that Obama is siding up to on the QT

cutting waste and inefficeny will be seen as objective by some.....what you may see as waste may seem to the one getting care as a necessary test or visit.....

iand the mere concept that the government can suddenly not be wastefull and inefficient is an expectation that is counter to what a government wants to be....

"Waste, fraud and abuse" is political-speak. It means nothing at all. If it was so easy to cut waste, fraud and abuse, we'd have done it already.

"Waste, fraud and abuse" is political-speak. It means nothing at all. If it was so easy to cut waste, fraud and abuse, we'd have done it already.

The problem isn't that cutting waste, fraud and abuse would be difficult, it's that if they actually step up and do it they face the very real possibilities of losing the money that they get on the sly through campaign funds and a variety of other means as well as the chance of not getting re-elected when their opponents use those votes to smear them in the next round of elections.

Doing the right thing is a good way to lose your job in politics.

The problem isn't that cutting waste, fraud and abuse would be difficult, it's that if they actually step up and do it they face the very real possibilities of losing the money that they get on the sly through campaign funds and a variety of other means as well as the chance of not getting re-elected when their opponents use those votes to smear them in the next round of elections.

Doing the right thing is a good way to lose your job in politics.

That's part of it, but the majority of it would be doctors doing unnessisary tests, billing for tests never done, etc. There's really no way to crack down on that - its like drugs. The Drug War's been going on for quite awhile now - has it cut down on drugs yet?

Forum List

Back