If McChrystal needs to be fired, then..

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
obama needs to grow a set of balls and get over it. i saw nothing in the RS article that was derogatory towards obama, unless mocking some of his choices for high office (biden, eikenberry) is implicitly derogatory of obama.

i didn't vote for him, and i don't think he's doing a good job, but i never thought he was this much of a wuss.

go figure

obama needs to grow a set of balls and get over it. i saw nothing in the RS article that was derogatory towards obama, unless mocking some of his choices for high office (biden, eikenberry) is implicitly derogatory of obama.

i didn't vote for him, and i don't think he's doing a good job, but i never thought he was this much of a wuss.

go figure

It's called insubordination.

• Banned

go figure

give me a quote that proves he's insubordinate then, because i looked and i couldn't find one.

go figure

give me a quote that proves he's insubordinate then, because i looked and i couldn't find one.

By purposefully mocking decisions made by his superior, the Commander in Chief, McCrystal has blatantly shown a disregard to the decisions and directions of said superior.

By purposefully mocking decisions made by his superior, the Commander in Chief, McCrystal has blatantly shown a disregard to the decisions and directions of said superior.

So are you saying they steeped out of party line and stated their own opinions?

• Banned

So are you saying they steeped out of party line and stated their own opinions?

You DO realize that McCrystal is in the MILITARY and NOT an elected official, right? In the military, there is VERY little room for "their own opinions". Had you served, I wouldn't have to be teaching you this....

From Politico:

McChrystal and his top aides appeared to let their guard down during a series of interviews and visits with Michael Hastings, a freelance writer for the magazine Rolling Stone.

The article, titled “The Runaway General,” appears in the magazine later this week. It contains a number of jabs by McChrystal and his staff aimed not only at the president but also at Vice President Joe Biden, special envoy Richard Holbrooke, Karl Eikenberry, the ambassador to Afghanistan, and others.

McChrystal described his first meeting with Obama as disappointing and said that Obama was unprepared for the meeting.

National Security Adviser Jim Jones is described by a McChrystal aide as a “clown” stuck in 1985.

Read more: Furious President Obama summons Gen. Stanley McChrystal to D.C. - Gordon Lubold - POLITICO.com

I wonder if some of these remarks weren't made with the understanding that they were off the record. McChrystal's mistake was trusting the reporter, if so.

I don't think he should be fired. He has no history of this kind of thing that I am aware of, has he? Slap his wrist, warn him, and send him back.

fine, show me a quote.

i'll wait

1. Obama "didn't seem very engaged"
A quote attributed to an unnamed McChrystal adviser says the general was unimpressed with the president after their first meeting. "It was a 10-minute photo op," the source says. "Obama clearly didn't know anything about [McChrystal], who he was... he didn't seem very engaged. [McChrystal] was pretty disappointed." This quote is the "big bombshell," says Ed Morrissey at Hot Air. "Does that amount to insubordination? Perhaps; it’s certainly a violation of the normal respect given to the chain of command in public."

2. National Security Advisor Jim Jones is a "clown"
Obama's national security advisor is described as a "clown" by one of McChrystal's senior aides. The retired general is said to be "stuck in 1985."

3. Karl Eikenberry is covering his "flank"
McChrystal told Rolling Stone he felt "betrayed" by Karl Eikenberry, the U.S. ambassador to Kabul. After Eikenberry questioned McChrystal's request for more troops, the general said: "Here's one that covers his flank for the history books. Now if we fail, they can say 'I told you so.'"

4. Biden or "bite me"?
McChrystal "jokes sarcastically" about the vice president, who is "known as a skeptic of the commander's war strategy." When asked about Biden, McChrystal reportedly says, "Who's that?" An adviser says: "Biden? Did you say: Bite me?"

5. Oh no, not Richard Holbrooke
Upon receiving an email from the State Department's envoy to the region, McChrystal lets his feelings be known: "Oh, not another email from Holbrooke," the general is reported to have said. "I don't even want to open it." According to a member of the general's team: "[McChrystal] says [Holbrooke]'s like a wounded animal. Holbrooke keeps hearing rumors that he's going to get fired, so that makes him dangerous."

Why do you all suppose he apologized then if everything he said was all innocent, correct and nothing he should be fired for?

He knew what he was doing and he deserves consequences.

With that hateful tone, I don't believe for a minute he voted for Obama.

A fine example of how some dictators and tyrants get away with just about everything, NO ONE under their control questions them, and the others, like us, they attempt to silence.

I think McChrystal has a balls enough to call it like he see's it. He can also see that Mr. Obama is obviously in way over his head and is concerned more with the country as a whole, than bowing before the 'Czar of America', while doing everything without question. :clap2:

In my opinion, Mr Obama is NOT a military leader.........etc etc and etc. This country could be in very deep 'CHIT', if attacked during the reign of BHO. Hopefully we never find out if that's true or not.

A fine example of how some dictators and tyrants get away with just about everything, NO ONE under their control questions them, and the others they attempt to silence.

I think McChrystal has a balls enough to call it like he see's it. He can also see that Mr. Obama is obviously in way over his head and is concerned more with the country as a whole, than bowing before the 'Czar of America', while doing everything without question. :clap2:

In my opinion, Mr Obama is NOT a military leader.........etc etc and etc. This country could be in very deep 'CHIT', if attacked during the reign of BHO. Hopefully we never find out if that's true or not.

......says yet another moran who obviously knows NOTHING about the military....:cuckoo:

Why do you all suppose he apologized then if everything he said was all innocent, correct and nothing he should be fired for?

He knew what he was doing and he deserves consequences.

With that hateful tone, I don't believe for a minute he voted for Obama.

I don't say what he said was all innocent. Neither does he. I'm sure he didn't vote for Obama, but why does that matter? He can still serve.

"Throughout my career, I have lived by the principles of personal honor and professional integrity. What is reflected in this article falls far short of that standard. I have enormous respect and admiration for President Obama and his national security team, and for the civilian leaders and troops fighting this war, and I remain committed to ensuring its successful outcome."
Furious President Obama summons Gen. Stanley McChrystal to D.C. - Gordon Lubold - POLITICO.com

A fine example of how some dictators and tyrants get away with just about everything, NO ONE under their control questions them, and the others they attempt to silence.

......says yet another moran who obviously knows NOTHING about the military....:cuckoo:

So says another, complete clueless obama lover who most likely never served an hour in any military much less the United States military. Loudmouth know-it-all, only here to stir up mud pies. Hey "V" STFU

fine, show me a quote.

i'll wait

A quote attributed to an unnamed McChrystal adviser says the general was unimpressed with the president after their first meeting. "It was a 10-minute photo op," the source says. "Obama clearly didn't know anything about [McChrystal], who he was... he didn't seem very engaged. [McChrystal] was pretty disappointed." This quote is the "big bombshell," says Ed Morrissey at Hot Air. "Does that amount to insubordination? Perhaps; it’s certainly a violation of the normal respect given to the chain of command in public."

Obama's national security advisor is described as a "clown" by one of McChrystal's senior aides. The retired general is said to be "stuck in 1985."

McChrystal told Rolling Stone he felt "betrayed" by Karl Eikenberry, the U.S. ambassador to Kabul. After Eikenberry questioned McChrystal's request for more troops, the general said: "Here's one that covers his flank for the history books. Now if we fail, they can say 'I told you so.'"

4. Biden or "bite me"?
McChrystal "jokes sarcastically" about the vice president, who is "known as a skeptic of the commander's war strategy." When asked about Biden, McChrystal reportedly says, "Who's that?" An adviser says: "Biden? Did you say: Bite me?"

Upon receiving an email from the State Department's envoy to the region, McChrystal lets his feelings be known: "Oh, not another email from Holbrooke," the general is reported to have said. "I don't even want to open it." According to a member of the general's team: "[McChrystal] says [Holbrooke]'s like a wounded animal. Holbrooke keeps hearing rumors that he's going to get fired, so that makes him dangerous."

oh noes! unattributed quotes about the anonymous person's opinion of what mcchrystal was thinking with nothing attributed to anyone, let alone mcchrystal! stop the fucking presses! he made fun of joe biden!!! no one ever does that! he called the ambassador out for being an ass covering weasel!!! news flash! the ambassador is an ass covering weasel who's pissed off that he didn't get picked to be *viceroy*

GMAFB
you people are redefining fauxrage. :rofl:

and you've got less to back you up than your average birther
:clap2:

fine, show me a quote.

i'll wait

4. Biden or "bite me"?

oh noes! unattributed quotes about the anonymous person's opinion of what mcchrystal was thinking with nothing attributed to anyone, let alone mcchrystal! stop the fucking presses! he made fun of joe biden!!! no one ever does that! he called the ambassador out for being an ass covering weasel!!! news flash! the ambassador is an ass covering weasel who's pissed off that he didn't get picked to be *viceroy*

GMAFB

Unattributable? If so, why did McChrystal apologize for them? Seems odd to me...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a general or two who stepped down in Bush's first term because they were questioning him?

I might be wrong, and I'm certainly lazy because I don't want to find out for myself.

Well, the quotes in the peice are pretty much what we expect out of 0bama these days. Out of his depth and not really interested in anything that is not 0bama.

While McCrystal can talk all he wants to his trusted aids, they rule is, it goes no further. The man needs to let off steam, especially when dealing with a boss like this. We have all had employers or bosses that make us wonder now and again.

That said, this is the military, and I have my doubts about military officers doing this. This is the kind of thing you expect out of privates and corporals stuck with latrine duty. And officers have options that other folks don't have.

If he is publicly grumbling like this, 0bama needs to let him go.

4. Biden or "bite me"?

GMAFB

Unattributable? If so, why did McChrystal apologize for them? Seems odd to me...

i'm sure it does. he apologized for using poor judgment in taking part in the profile, not for anything he said or didn't say. i agree; it was poor judgment.
it was not, by any stretch of the imagination, insubordinate.

Forum List

Back