If liberals are right and there's no right to life then isn't it wrong to punish murder?

You know, it is possible to look at it another way.

If it is true that only God can give and take away rights, how is it possible for man(in a more specific case, the judicial system) to condemn another man to death--i.e. deprive him of his right to life?

Makes you wonder, what the hell are "rights" anyway. That is if you are honestly asking the question in the philosophical sense.
One forfeits the right to life, in a just society like we have, the society does not deprive one of the right to life.

See--no one can just stop at that question. We need something substantial to talk about.

The issue of "Do we surrender our rights when we commit a crime?" is a much more substantial topic than just "Do we have the right to life?"

Yes, that is the argument from a Judicial sense. But note how that runs up against "Only God can give or take away rights." By surrendering them, you did something that only God can do.

Holy fuck. I give up with you people. -.-

And we're about to give up on you, Pedro, given your propensity to throw a fit whenever people won't restrict the conversation to meet your demands. Rather control freakish of you.

But let's talk about right to life.

Is the right to life absolute, overriding all other rights?

If you say yes, then others have the right to confiscate your property to save lives.

If you say no, then you've ceded that the pro-choice position is correct, that conflicting rights have to be weighed.
You'll be pleased to know that your derail into abortion policy and privacy rights and everything except for the scenario and the implications of this worldview for it was successful. Since amrchaos was literally the only other person in this thread to bother addressing any of the original post's questions or even attempt to stay in the same realm as them I think I'm done here. You can have the thread for whatever you want now.

Fwiw, I already documented your tendency to do this a long time ago: Error US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Forum List

Back