If Lew Alcindor had signed at USC instead ofUCLA

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Would USC havewon 3 straight NCs??

Posssibly.

The best basketball player who ever laced up sneakers imo.

to me he is the best basketball player ever and even more clearly the best college player ever - no one is even close.

would southern cal have won three straight with him? Its so hard to say. He was so dominant back then -- most people dont realize how much so. They remeber him with the lakers when as good as he was he was past his prime - he was also super dominant with the bucks.

he is also my favorite player ever - maybe in any sport. as good as he was i just dont know if USC had the program and the coach (bobby boyd at the time i beleive) to do that. Id like to think he would have but who knows. For me things worked out fine just the way they did.

after he graduated Wooden said he would enjoy being able to coach to owin again instead of not to lose so that certainly suggests he felt anyone with Alcindor would have been expected to win three straight. Although Im sure if he had been given the chance, Dean Smith would have screwed it up somehow

to me he is the best basketball player ever and even more clearly the best college player ever - no one is even close.

would southern cal have won three straight with him? Its so hard to say. He was so dominant back then -- most people dont realize how much so. They remeber him with the lakers when as good as he was he was past his prime - he was also super dominant with the bucks.

he is also my favorite player ever - maybe in any sport. as good as he was i just dont know if USC had the program and the coach (bobby boyd at the time i beleive) to do that. Id like to think he would have but who knows. For me things worked out fine just the way they did.

after he graduated Wooden said he would enjoy being able to coach to owin again instead of not to lose so that certainly suggests he felt anyone with Alcindor would have been expected to win three straight. Although Im sure if he had been given the chance, Dean Smith would have screwed it up somehow

Look at how Alcindor led the expansion Milwaukee Bucks to the NBA playoffs in his rookie season. A terrible team -even for an expansion team.

Then when the Big O joined him - they swept the Baltimore Bullets 4 straight in the finals.

(everybody was expecty a dynasty - didnt happen)

Would USC havewon 3 straight NCs??

Posssibly.

The best basketball player who ever laced up sneakers imo.

Who gives a fuck? that shit was a long time ago, and Kareem was not the best basketball player ever, Michael Jordan is.

Wilt

Did Wilt ever foul out of a game??? Don't think so.

Maybe the best athlete of all the great centers - wasnt he a track star at Kansas??

But as far as best ever -beg to differ. Won one title with the 76ers and one with the Lakers.

Bill Russell owned him. Got into his head.

Russell eved did a cover article in SI in the late 60s: "How I Psych Them"

Who gives a fuck? that shit was a long time ago, and Kareem was not the best basketball player ever, Michael Jordan is.

Wilt

Maybe the best athlete of all the great centers - wasnt he a track star at Kansas??

But as far as best ever -beg to differ. Won one title with the 76ers and one with the Lakers.

Bill Russell played with five Hall of Famers...

That's a good way to psych someone

If Brutus had killed Caesar BEFORE he'd been made emperor, what would we call Caesar salads?

Bill Russell played with five Hall of Famers...

That's a good way to psych someone

Wilt didnt exactly play with chump change either.
\
Hal Greer, Billy C with the Sixers, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor with the Lakers..............

guy was basically a loser....................

Forum List

Back