If Kerry wins?

Kathianne said:
You spin well, but to ignore what is going on in Russia, is to ignore Europe, something that cost us dearly in the 20th C.

I am not saying we ignore what is going on in Russia. I am saying that sending troops to all the former republics does not serve US interests. Instead it creates enemies and draws us into conflicts.

The same holds true with the real politik of the East. Isolationism will not work for us, now France????

Isolationism has drawn us into many less wars than interventionism. Free trade with all, entangling alliance with none. It holds true when washington said it and it still rings true.

Tell me, which side of the pakistan-india conflict would you like us take?

Travis pahl

tpahl said:
I am not saying we ignore what is going on in Russia. I am saying that sending troops to all the former republics does not serve US interests. Instead it creates enemies and draws us into conflicts.

Isolationism has drawn us into many less wars than interventionism. Free trade with all, entangling alliance with none. It holds true when washington said it and it still rings true.

Tell me, which side of the pakistan-india conflict would you like us take?

Travis pahl

Isolationism has drawn us into many less wars than interventionism.
Only true through the 19th C. there is no going back.

Serious question, you seem well placed in the party, why does it ignore 9/11? Do the 'powers that be' recognize how many potential members/voters its lost since then?

Kathianne said:
Only true through the 19th C. there is no going back.

Argueably WWI and WWII were the two wars that we have become involved in because of isolationism. But every other conflict in the 20th century was do to interventionist policy.

Serious question, you seem well placed in the party, why does it ignore 9/11? Do the 'powers that be' recognize how many potential members/voters its lost since then?

The LP is not ignoring 9/11. Instead it is focusing on what most in the Lp believe to be the root cause of the attack. While Bush has insisted that they attacked us because they hate our freedom, the LP has instead chosen to focus on the reasons that Al Queda actually GAVE for the attack.

1. US troops in suadi arabis
2. US embargo on Iraq
3. US support of Isreal

All three of these reasons were prime examples of US interventionist policy and meddling in the affairs of other nations when it did not serve to protect the US. The LP had long been advocating the end of all three issues BEFORE the attack on 9/11 and continues to do so today.

Both the Libertarian Party and Green Party have been pushing for an end to US interventionist practices and have both been growing in numbers. The republicans and Democrats have both been pushing more interventionist policies to 'fix' the problems that came about from our past failures from the same type of problems. Both the Republicans and Democrats have been losing supporters.

So i suppose my question is the same to you, why is the GOP ignoring the real causes of 9/11? Do not they not realize they are losing supporters because of thier stance on the issue?

Travis

Forum List

Back