IF Kerry Were to Win-He's Gonna Have Problems

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
The following is written by one of my least favorite 'editorial writers', (in her case, partisan hack). Remember now, she's FOR Kerry:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/18/opinion/18DOWD.html

excerpts:
Just as you never know what the Strangelovian Mr. Cheney will blurt out, you never know what the lovely but strange Mrs. Kerry will blurt out.

With Mr. Kerry at her side, she gave her Middle East policy to Larry King, emphatically noting, "I would never have gone to war this way."

And campaigning in Boston, her compliment for the new ticket was backhanded. "I have to say that John Edwards is very beautiful," she said in her soft accent, adding, "and my husband is very smart." Welcome to the campaign, pretty boy....

Even in a place where everyone is constantly reinventing, people are a little stunned at the way Teresa casts herself as a "third worlder" and "daughter of Africa," a wretched-refuse-of-your-teeming-shore sort of immigrant rather than a "White Mischief" émigré, the daughter of a prosperous Portuguese doctor in colonial Mozambique who met John Heinz when they were studying in Switzerland. When Mrs. Kerry presents herself as an African-American or says, "I'm an immigrant, too," and when her son Chris Heinz says he's looking forward to the day when there is a "first-generation American" in the White House, it doesn't always strike the empathetic chord with Hispanic and black audiences that the campaign hopes for...

Usually, it's President Bush and Mr. Cheney who engender the feeling of, "Just how stupid do they think we are?" But last week, it was the Kerry campaign, which tried to make the claim that Hillary Clinton preferred a silent cameo in a non-prime-time chorus line of female Democratic senators to a top speaking slot.

"Senator Clinton, along with all the other women senators — I think nine of them in the Democratic Party," Tad Devine told Judy Woodruff Thursday on CNN, "agreed that they wanted to appear and speak together and ask Senator Mikulski, the senior member, to speak on their behalf."

And I am Marie of Romania....

Hillary did what she does best. She brought the leader of the party to heel. And in giving her a prime-time slot, but only to introduce her husband, Mr. Kerry did what he does worst: Try to have it both ways.

Thanks. He's reminding me a lot of Carter. The press was pissed at Ford for the pardon, so it was all against the incumbent. We got Carter. Worst 4 years of a president in my lifetime, including Clinton's!

Just don't see where we can afford that now. :scratch:

Man, Nothing is going right for Kerry. The Economy is booming, the War is going well, picking Edwards has dropped him in Edwards home state. He is quite likely going to lose the liberal utopia of New Jersey in the election, which is incredibly sad considering how left the state leads. He is probably still close in Cali which also is sad considering how left they lean. Arnold is going to terminate John Kerrys chances at those Electorial votes. The Girlie mans votes are going to President Bush. and now his wife wont shut up...but then neither will Kerry himself.

Kerry is going down big this fall. just wait and see.

side: 2000 posts! Whoo hoo!

Even though liberal journalists (practically a redundancy) are slavishly pro-Democrat, they are, first and foremost, self-serving. If they sense that they are on a sinking ship, they'll desert it like rats.

I love the line, "Even in a place where people are constantly reinventing....". Is that an attempt to prettify Kerry's incessant flip-flopping? Allow me to put it another way:

It is easy for John Kerry to be everything, since he is so clearly nothing.

musicman said:
Even though liberal journalists (practically a redundancy) are slavishly pro-Democrat, they are, first and foremost, self-serving. If they sense that they are on a sinking ship, they'll desert it like rats.

I love the line, "Even in a place where people are constantly reinventing....". Is that an attempt to prettify Kerry's incessant flip-flopping? Allow me to put it another way:

It is easy for John Kerry to be everything, since he is so clearly nothing.

I think regardless of his poll numbers, the likes of Maureen Dowd will stay pro-Kerry or rather, anti-Bush. IF he should win, watch out, they are going to make him, 'worse than GW ever was.' Could be part of the Hillary in '08, more likely his lack of substance, which you just described. :laugh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back