The Slaves The Yankees Fought For Were The So Called White Ones

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I hear alot of times that the north fought to free the enslaved in the Civil War. What they dont tell you is the so called "white slaves" werent really white. They were biracial children with Black mothers. It was a marketing job done on whites to get them outraged and against slavery as a whole.

All these children are biracial

1*C8pr7_IFORoG9d2h4ozAtA.gif

"That slavery is right, natural, and necessary and does not depend upon the difference of complexion. The laws of slave states justify the holding of white men in bondage."

whiteslavery1280333332-1-gif.png

And what does it say under that black line? And note your line starts with a capital T which it is not capitalized in the horrible supposed reproduction copy.

Last edited:
And what does it say under that black line? And note your line starts with a capital T which it is not capitalized in the horrible supposed reproduction copy.

Cant you read it for yourself? Not sure why me capitalizing the T makes a difference. Can you explain your point?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Is this a real article? It is so out of character. The Slave law is defending a British law from the days of a British Colony that introduced slavery to Non-Christians. It did not introduce freeing of new Christians. Its abusive. First off, I don't ever hear this language anywhere when talking about the incoming African heathen. The One-Drop rule really fits life most of the time, Colin Powell, Condeleeza Rice, those are True 50-50 Persons. Controversial in a way! Brazil wouldn't call them "Black" we have a very tribal concept from the days of a black mother with a seemingly whiter child, "black". I don't say at all this is common as the controversial writers who want to introduce 80% average African DNA in blacks? That is Most Likely vagabonds and invaders of the homestead, there weren't pleasure positions in the society. There weren't slave to wedding choices like that 12 years a slave movie, you don't promote yourself like the Pharoahs of the Nile or the Louisiana Creole. Mixed DNA Children existed at the end of slavery but the myth exists that what, there's even one generation of a Small population in a Large population that would stay that racially intact? That Slavery in Brazil worked this way and no one confesses to "black" of any complexion because that "is a political equation to slavery!" Its political and a shame! And people decide no identity. Most of that Miscegenation of the DNA is going to be AFTER slavery, I don't know why people don't notice that.

Not really white not really black

What makes a person black or white?

Is it the color of their skin or what they call themselves

IF one parent is white and the other black or whatever race or color, what does that make them

I have know people who look white and if they don't say a word they can get away with it

Still slavery was an issue and a catalyst for being divided but to put your life on the line requires a little bit more.

I believe that those who fought the civil war were 1 either doing their job in a civil war to bring the south back into the fold (patriotic duty)or 2 fighting to because they were from the south and felt a patriotic duty to the South. Slavery might have been the catalyst but I believe very few really fought because of slavery.

• Thanks

Cant you read it for yourself? Not sure why me capitalizing the T makes a difference. Can you explain your point?
Because it was an extension of the blackout line. Not the start of a sentence, as you portray. And I would like to know where it came from, so I can look for the original to see exactly what it said, and determine whether it actually exists.
And, from what I can make out under that black line , the sentences starts with “The south xxxxxxxxx

Is this a real article? It is so out of character. The Slave law is defending a British law from the days of a British Colony that introduced slavery to Non-Christians. It did not introduce freeing of new Christians. Its abusive. First off, I don't ever hear this language anywhere when talking about the incoming African heathen. The One-Drop rule really fits life most of the time, Colin Powell, Condeleeza Rice, those are True 50-50 Persons. Controversial in a way! Brazil wouldn't call them "Black" we have a very tribal concept from the days of a black mother with a seemingly whiter child, "black". I don't say at all this is common as the controversial writers who want to introduce 80% average African DNA in blacks? That is Most Likely vagabonds and invaders of the homestead, there weren't pleasure positions in the society. There weren't slave to wedding choices like that 12 years a slave movie, you don't promote yourself like the Pharoahs of the Nile or the Louisiana Creole. Mixed DNA Children existed at the end of slavery but the myth exists that what, there's even one generation of a Small population in a Large population that would stay that racially intact? That Slavery in Brazil worked this way and no one confesses to "black" of any complexion because that "is a political equation to slavery!" Its political and a shame! And people decide no identity. Most of that Miscegenation of the DNA is going to be AFTER slavery, I don't know why people don't notice that.
Yes its a real part of history thought its definitely tucked away and conveniently ignored. Not sure where you got the idea Colin Powell or Condeleeza Rice were biracial. They are both Black and have Black parents.

• Thanks

Because it was an extension of the blackout line. Not the start of a sentence, as you portray. And I would like to know where it came from, so I can look for the original to see exactly what it said, and determine whether it actually exists.
The start of the sentence says "The south believed.....". Just look up white slavery and the civil war. There are plenty of articles on it.

• Thanks
Yes its a real part of history thought its definitely tucked away and conveniently ignored. Not sure where you got the idea Colin Powell or Condeleeza Rice were biracial. They are both Black and have Black parents.
Dear, , if you actually zoom in, the first words of that sentence are “The south”, and another word I can’t tell clearly, so it is talking about what the south thinks. See how selective blockage can change a meaning?

IF one parent is white and the other black or whatever race or color, what does that make them

I have know people who look white and if they don't say a word they can get away with it

Still slavery was an issue and a catalyst for being divided but to put your life on the line requires a little bit more.

I believe that those who fought the civil war were 1 either doing their job in a civil war to bring the south back into the fold (patriotic duty)or 2 fighting to because they were from the south and felt a patriotic duty to the South. Slavery might have been the catalyst but I believe very few really fought because of slavery.

"What makes a person black or white?"

Genetics and self identity. You have to have both.

• Thanks

Interesting. I think..as far as the North was concerned..absent the Abolitionists..you are right. The Confederacy/ Fought to keep their slaves. The literature of the time..the govt.proclamations..the newspaper articles..all point to the South using the issue of State's Rights to keep what they termed, their 'peculiar institution' alive.

The common soldiers...fought mostly for the reasons they always fight..because everyone else was..and not fighting meant being ostracized from their home and families.

The one thing that is clear..other than a few individuals..no one fought for the Negroes in captivity...and most held what we would term today as racist attitudes.

Different times..different people.

Dear, , if you actually zoom in, the first words of that sentence are “The south”, and another word I can’t tell clearly, so it is talking about what the south thinks. See how selective blockage can change a meaning?
It didnt change the meaning. I think everyone but you understood that it was the republicans of the time talking about what the south believed. This belief that the southerners had white slaves as well as Black ones is the catalyst for this absurd notion that white people fought to free the Black enslaved. The real reason is that the north ran a marketing ad to convince northern whites that white slaves were being held in the south.

• Thanks

The real question is relevancy. I am mildly amused at all the hoopla dating back 100+ years. I get it..there is some power there..for some.

To be mired in the past is to strangle your future. IMO.

The start of the sentence says "The south believed.....". Just look up white slavery and the civil war. There are plenty of articles on it.
Link us to the original historical copy, Asclepius. And then prove that it was even put out by Republicans, as many papers back then had the word Republican within their title. Just as many papers today have Democrat in them, yet have nothing to do with Democrats, the party.

The real question is relevancy. I am mildly amused at all the hoopla dating back 100+ years. I get it..there is some power there..for some.

To be mired in the past is to strangle your future. IMO.
You dont have to be "mired" to learn from your past. You dont have to be a victim because you appreciate the exploits of your ancestors under duress. Of course there is some power there. You cant go forward efficiently without knowledge of your past because you are doomed to repeat the mistakes you cant see coming because you decided to ignore the past.

Link us to the original historical copy, Asclepius. And then prove that it was even put out by Republicans, as many papers back then had the word Republican within their title. Just as many papers today have Democrat in them, yet have nothing to do with Democrats, the party.
Someone already posted a link. I dont have to prove anything. You have to prove its not true to feel better about your beliefs.

It didnt change the meaning. I think everyone but you understood that it was the republicans of the time talking about what the south believed. This belief that the southerners had white slaves as well as Black ones is the catalyst for this absurd notion that white people fought to free the Black enslaved. The real reason is that the north ran a marketing ad to convince northern whites that white slaves were being held in the south.
The real reason..was that most in the North saw little nor no reason to die for Emancipation...especially the Irish that bore the brunt of the draft. Thus the propaganda. I'm trying to suss out your motives here..is it that you are unwilling to give white people any credit whatsoever for anything good? How drear a world you must live in. Slavery IS over....and so is Jim Crow. Perhaps it is time to move on? Take a more humanistic approach/ Of course, you can always fight the same old battles here.

You are, of course, incorrect, in your blanket assumption that no one fought for the freeing of the slaves..in fact, there were people who fought for 50+ years to end slavery--but i imagine that they don't fit your revisionist historical narrative.

Forum List

Back