If it's true that Americans are losing faith, then things will only get worse, not better

I didn't deny melting glaciers and dying corals. It's weather, not AGW. The evidence does not show AGW. It's something lib scientists have faith in.

Guy, evidence is something you are a little confused on. Glaciers are melting because the world is getting warmer than it should be. this isn't a difficult concept.

We're trying to establish monkeys that were bipedal first. If the present is the key to the past, then today's monkeys are not bipedal. It means past monkeys were not bipedal.

We didn't evolve from today's "monkeys'. Humans, apes and Monkeys had a common ancestor.

The Bible is very huggable.

Actually, it should come with a warning label.

upload_2019-4-16_4-37-26.jpeg

Better than the BS evolution with it's fraudulent Piltdown Man, Nebraska Man, Heidelberg Man, Peking Man and more.

Heidelberg man hasn't been debunked. Peking Man was a single fossil of Homo Erectus. Nebraska man was quickly identified as not being a hominid fossil and never really entered the textbooks.

So this is the best you have, your ignorance of anthropology?

I believed in evolution for years, but started questioning in around 2011. I had doubts starting in 2007. When I compared what the creation scientists were saying compared to the secular/atheist scientists, then I know who was lying and who wasn't.

I'm on another thread arguing with another nut who thinks that Sandy Hook was staged by the government. What nuts can convince themselves of is really of no interest to me.

As for Satan, his best trick was making people believe he doesn't exist. He's tricked you good with atheism, evolution, aliens, abiogenesis, universe from nothing, multiverses and the like with absolutely no scientific method behind it.

Yes, that Satan, what a tricky devil he is. Did he also go back and edit the bible to show that he was an evolved construct.

You see, when I started doubting the whole bible story was in Catholic HS, when they actually started letting us read the bible, and the stories didn't really connect with theology. Like Job. Job's story, where Satan was hanging around heaven making bar bets with God about how they could fuck up a man's life... this didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Almost like it was a mythology.

Guy, evidence is something you are a little confused on. Glaciers are melting because the world is getting warmer than it should be. this isn't a difficult concept.

However, it has escaped you that the Earth gets warmer and it gets colder. Isn't that what its history of climate change has taught us? Yet, you believe cow dung from the atheist scientists whom are usually wrong.

We didn't evolve from today's "monkeys'. Humans, apes and Monkeys had a common ancestor.

If the present is the key to the past, then it should follow that past monkeys were monkeys, apes and chimps like today. They didn't become bipedal. You just admitted that today's monkeys do not evolve which I agree. No animal evolves, but for microevolution or natural selection/selective breeding. Lucy was a combination of fossils from different monkeys or different animals. They were found miles away from each other and at different levels. There would be no need for fraud for these common ancestor skulls. Moreover, if humans, apes and monkeys had a common ancestor, then the fossil evidence doesn't show the transition. Look at those skulls you showed me of homo and that is clearly marked out as to the progression. Yet, you are too ignorant to figure this out. Even Professor C. Owen Lovejoy who put Lucy together and studied Ardi thinks monkeys evolved from humans.

Actually, it should come with a warning label.

upload_2019-4-16_4-37-26-jpeg.256125

You are referring to the works of James Hutton, Charles Lyell and Darwin' and their theories of uniformitarianism and evolution. Nice truth labeling as it led to racism and genocide of millions and Hollywood values. It's all right there.

Heidelberg man hasn't been debunked. Peking Man was a single fossil of Homo Erectus. Nebraska man was quickly identified as not being a hominid fossil and never really entered the textbooks.

So this is the best you have, your ignorance of anthropology?

Most were all built by men using animal and/or human parts like Piltdown. They weren't common ancestor transition. Now, your homo erectus is 1.8 M years old. Peking Man is how old? It's about 750K yrs old and the supposed ancestor to modern humans. Later, the skulls vanished during transport, so the evidence is underwater, stolen or maybe they were destroyed because they were fake.

All were to show evolution but it didn't happen. Else it would be happening today. Not one bipedal monkey and they still have the same cranial size. We do not even see tailed to tailless. You got a missing link there. We do not see chimps and gorillas mate. There is no chimp-gorilla hybrid. The evidence is overwhelming that you and the masses have had the wool pulled over their eyes.

Haha. This is more zoology than anthropology.

I'm on another thread arguing with another nut who thinks that Sandy Hook was staged by the government. What nuts can convince themselves of is really of no interest to me.

Haha. Nice non sequitur. You may as well be talking about your worldview.

Yes, that Satan, what a tricky devil he is. Did he also go back and edit the bible to show that he was an evolved construct.

You see, when I started doubting the whole bible story was in Catholic HS, when they actually started letting us read the bible, and the stories didn't really connect with theology. Like Job. Job's story, where Satan was hanging around heaven making bar bets with God about how they could fuck up a man's life... this didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Almost like it was a mythology.

180px-TheSatanicBible.jpg

There is a human authored Satan's bible to counter the Holy Bible. You see, for an entity that is not suppose to exist, he has what God has but it is all anti-God. I went to the same school as the author's daughter.

What is the Satanic bible?

As for your personal experience, you probably ended up rebelling from the guilt Catholic school put upon you. One really needs to grow into the Bible. It is a living document. It is best studied with someone who can guide you like in Bible studies.

"Almost like it was a mythology."

I would say evolution is mythology, but not sure about Satan's book. It's anti-God. I've never read the book.

However, it has escaped you that the Earth gets warmer and it gets colder. Isn't that what its history of climate change has taught us? Yet, you believe cow dung from the atheist scientists whom are usually wrong.

Sigh.... the problem isn't the fact that it changes, which it has, it's the speed at which it is changing. In the past, the slow process of climate change was matched by evolution. In short, creatures, including humans, adapted to the changes.

Now what normally takes hundreds of thousands of years is taking centuries... that's why there's a problem, Bible Boy.

If the present is the key to the past, then it should follow that past monkeys were monkeys, apes and chimps like today. They didn't become bipedal. You just admitted that today's monkeys do not evolve which I agree. No animal evolves,

No, dude, that's not how evolution works... if you don't understand the basic mechanics of it, I'm not sure how we can help you. Humans became bipedal because their environment demanded it. Being bipedal, along with eating more meat and having larger brain capacity, allowed hominids to expand their range to pretty much the entire world, while Chimpanzees are limited to a very small range in Africa.

Most were all built by men using animal and/or human parts like Piltdown. They weren't common ancestor transition. Now, your homo erectus is 1.8 M years old. Peking Man is how old? It's about 750K yrs old and the supposed ancestor to modern humans. Later, the skulls vanished during transport, so the evidence is underwater, stolen or maybe they were destroyed because they were fake.

Guy, Peking Man is a single specimen of homo erectus, (the most amusingly named human species, but I digress) even though those fossils were lost in WWII, (It was in all the papers, you must hvae heard about it) there were plenty of other fossils of that species that verifies its existence.

So what happened to them? They got supplanted by Homo Sapiens, which were smarter, better adapted and reproduced. The last homo erectus subspecies, homo florenis probably lasted until a few thousand years ago.

There is a human authored Satan's bible to counter the Holy Bible. You see, for an entity that is not suppose to exist, he has what God has but it is all anti-God. I went to the same school as the author's daughter.

That's nice. His daughter was kind of hot in the day. Probably not so much now. So he wrote a crazy manifesto full of a lot of silly new-age ideas and hedonism... which means, what, exactly? That he enjoyed getting people like you worked up? I can do that with an internet connection.

As for your personal experience, you probably ended up rebelling from the guilt Catholic school put upon you. One really needs to grow into the Bible. It is a living document. It is best studied with someone who can guide you like in Bible studies.

Naw, what turned me off from the Bible was when my mom got sick, everyone prayed for her to get better, but she died anyway. No God.

Once I realized that, then the bible just became a bunch of contradictory fairy stories, no more relevant than the Brothers Grimm.

Sigh.... the problem isn't the fact that it changes, which it has, it's the speed at which it is changing. In the past, the slow process of climate change was matched by evolution. In short, creatures, including humans, adapted to the changes.

Now what normally takes hundreds of thousands of years is taking centuries... that's why there's a problem, Bible Boy.

The climate was warmer 1000 years ago.

What does the speed matter? We agree climate is over long time. The speed of change is the weather and we know the weather changes all the time and rapidly.

I'm getting a lot of conjecture from you to favor your argument, but little hard data.

No, dude, that's not how evolution works... if you don't understand the basic mechanics of it, I'm not sure how we can help you. Humans became bipedal because their environment demanded it. Being bipedal, along with eating more meat and having larger brain capacity, allowed hominids to expand their range to pretty much the entire world, while Chimpanzees are limited to a very small range in Africa.

Well, if I do not understand your argument correctly, then you should be able to explain it. However, you cannot explain it is what I gather.

We already knew humans were bipedal in the past. They are fully bipedal today. It means humans became more advanced humans. Most do not do quadrupedal that well compared to monkeys, chimps and apes. It seems to me the evidence was made to fit bipedalism. To have bipedalism, we should see monkeys, chimps and apes being fully bipedal and we do not see it today. Thus, they were likely not bipedal in the past. You can't just assume the past apes became bipedal. We should see more transitional fossils like the skulls of homos that you had earlier.

Moreover, birds are bipedal, but it does not mean that we evolved from birds haha.

The diet change just applies to humans. Humans were humans in the past as they are today. That fits the fossil evidence that has been provided. As for chimps and apes, I think they eat the bugs and smaller monkeys for meat at times. Usually, they eat fruits and vegetables.

Guy, Peking Man is a single specimen of homo erectus, (the most amusingly named human species, but I digress) even though those fossils were lost in WWII, (It was in all the papers, you must hvae heard about it) there were plenty of other fossils of that species that verifies its existence.

So what happened to them? They got supplanted by Homo Sapiens, which were smarter, better adapted and reproduced. The last homo erectus subspecies, homo florenis probably lasted until a few thousand years ago.

I'll take your word for it. Finally, some explanation. However, it does not address the need for the fake fossil evidence to fill in the gaps. Peking Man was supposed to lead to modern humans. Yet, the evidence disappeared. I think we agree that it was homo. Do you have a link for other Peking Man fossils?

That's nice. His daughter was kind of hot in the day. Probably not so much now. So he wrote a crazy manifesto full of a lot of silly new-age ideas and hedonism... which means, what, exactly? That he enjoyed getting people like you worked up? I can do that with an internet connection.

I didn't go for her type. She was Goth style before it became trendy. Didn't dress in black all the time, but certainly a non-comformist even to fellow teen styles. I think it means that what LaVey promotes fits atheism today and support of Hollywood values. You are taking a page from Satanism's playbook and do not realize it. It sure is a coincidence.

Naw, what turned me off from the Bible was when my mom got sick, everyone prayed for her to get better, but she died anyway. No God.

Once I realized that, then the bible just became a bunch of contradictory fairy stories, no more relevant than the Brothers Grimm.

Sorry for you mom passing away early. Sometimes our prayers are not answered, but it does not mean no God. It means bad things happen to good people. That's in the Book of Job and The Tree of Life movie. God allowed Satan to do everything he wanted to Job except kill him. I don't think anyone else can go through what Job went through. It's probably when one needs to reach deep down in order to keep their faith and one day your prayers are answered in a different light. Through faith, our pain and suffering is not forever, but temporary and we are able to move on.

The climate was warmer 1000 years ago.

What does the speed matter? We agree climate is over long time. The speed of change is the weather and we know the weather changes all the time and rapidly.

Except climate doesn't normally change rapidly, it usually takes thousands of years.. Long enough for life to adapt to it.

Well, if I do not understand your argument correctly, then you should be able to explain it. However, you cannot explain it is what I gather.

Guy, you understand what I am saying perfectly well, you simply don't want to believe it. Those are two different things.

If we evolved, then no God was necessary. This is what you don't want to understand, and frankly, I can sympathize. It means you'll never see your dead loved ones again and you have nothing to look forward to after you die but oblivion. The Christian stuff is soooo appealing (much more appealing than the Hebrew narrative of "God" just being terrible shit that happens to you.) promising a sunshine and puppies heaven.

so you cling to any bizarre creationist argument so your fairy tale doesn't fall apart.

I'll take your word for it. Finally, some explanation. However, it does not address the need for the fake fossil evidence to fill in the gaps. Peking Man was supposed to lead to modern humans. Yet, the evidence disappeared. I think we agree that it was homo. Do you have a link for other Peking Man fossils?

Peking man was a specimen of Homo Erectus... Nothing more, nothing less. It was not a 'missing link'. There are no missing links, there are just different species that evolved over a long period of time.

I didn't go for her type. She was Goth style before it became trendy. Didn't dress in black all the time, but certainly a non-comformist even to fellow teen styles. I think it means that what LaVey promotes fits atheism today and support of Hollywood values. You are taking a page from Satanism's playbook and do not realize it. It sure is a coincidence.

Not really. Frankly, the only people who become "Satanists" are people trying to piss off their religious parents..

Trying to conflate atheism/agnosticism with Satanism is a cop-out.

Sorry for you mom passing away early. Sometimes our prayers are not answered, but it does not mean no God. It means bad things happen to good people. That's in the Book of Job and The Tree of Life movie. God allowed Satan to do everything he wanted to Job except kill him. I don't think anyone else can go through what Job went through. It's probably when one needs to reach deep down in order to keep their faith and one day your prayers are answered in a different light. Through faith, our pain and suffering is not forever, but temporary and we are able to move on.

Or we can move on without faith and believing in sky pixies and trying to impose our backwards bronze age beliefs on others. that would be a novel fucking approach.

American life will become more coarse, more brutal, less forgiving, less merciful, and more hateful as people lose faith, if that is indeed, what is happening.

You think things are bad now, they will get worse in time.

The churches have been infiltrated and compromised, including my own Catholic Church, so it is hard to see the churches leading us out of this mess.
Faith is just something used to keep stupid people from doing stupid things(i.e self destructive Democrats and other leftist kooks).

I was raised primarily without religion despite my grandmother’s best efforts, and I can still use her wisdom gained from a pious life and apply it the same way as a non-religious person. The real problem is that more and more stupid people are being born, and without the church to guide them they will do nothing but destroy.

Except climate doesn't normally change rapidly, it usually takes thousands of years.. Long enough for life to adapt to it.

The global cooling. It was warmer 1000 years ago than today. There you go.

Guy, you understand what I am saying perfectly well, you simply don't want to believe it. Those are two different things.

If we evolved, then no God was necessary. This is what you don't want to understand, and frankly, I can sympathize. It means you'll never see your dead loved ones again and you have nothing to look forward to after you die but oblivion. The Christian stuff is soooo appealing (much more appealing than the Hebrew narrative of "God" just being terrible shit that happens to you.) promising a sunshine and puppies heaven.

so you cling to any bizarre creationist argument so your fairy tale doesn't fall apart.

C'mon. There is no evolution. It's "faith-based" science as I've said many, many, many times. God is necessary and this is what the scientific method backs up. I think you should take your own advice. I keep telling you we go to Hades after we die and your consciousness still remains. I can't help it if your atheist science eliminated the spirit or life force. You people do not believe a mind can exist. Only the brain. Yet, social science is perfectly acceptable.

Peking man was a specimen of Homo Erectus... Nothing more, nothing less. It was not a 'missing link'. There are no missing links, there are just different species that evolved over a long period of time.

.Again, I'll take your word for it, but my point was that it was human. No monkey relatives at all. Human to human transition. Why does this keep going :aug08_031: .

Not really. Frankly, the only people who become "Satanists" are people trying to piss off their religious parents..

Trying to conflate atheism/agnosticism with Satanism is a cop-out.

It's not a cop out, but the truth as atheism is generally liberal and they support Hollywood values -- Sex at the Satan Club

Where is your link to back up your claims?

Or we can move on without faith and believing in sky pixies and trying to impose our backwards bronze age beliefs on others. that would be a novel fucking approach.

I already told you how to destroy Christianity. If it was false, then it would easily be disproved like Greek mythology was. Just because your worldview prevent you from believing in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit doesn't mean that you are right. What you have is a "faith-based" belief and worldview, too.

The churches used to play an important role in relieving poverty, taking care of the sick, taking care of widows and orphans, but much of that work has been transferred to the government. I think the growth of big government has caused faith to seem less relevant to many people.

Also, the relative prosperity most people in America enjoy has decreased the pressing need that people in desperate straits have for faith in God.

Also, there are many distractions: movies, music, TV shows, the internet, crowding out such things as prayer and church attendance.

Oh well.

They had a good run.

a GOOD run?

or a BAD one...

American life will become more coarse, more brutal, less forgiving, less merciful, and more hateful as people lose faith, if that is indeed, what is happening.

The churches have been infiltrated and compromised, including my own Catholic Church, so it is hard to see the churches leading us out of this mess.
Faith is just something used to keep stupid people from doing stupid things(i.e self destructive Democrats and other leftist kooks).

I was raised primarily without religion despite my grandmother’s best efforts, and I can still use her wisdom gained from a pious life and apply it the same way as a non-religious person. The real problem is that more and more stupid people are being born, and without the church to guide them they will do nothing but destroy.
So you agree with the saying that "Religion is the opiate of the People".

So you agree with the saying that "Religion is the opiate of the People".

That's Sports. And now even sports is overrated with people like Colin Kaepernick since the libs tried to bring in politics to sports.

I already told you how to destroy Christianity. If it was false, then it would easily be disproved like Greek mythology was. Just because your worldview prevent you from believing in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit doesn't mean that you are right. What you have is a "faith-based" belief and worldview, too.

Then you really don't understand Greek mythology or religion, do you?

Here was the thing, all those ideas you Christians are so proud of... they have more to do with the Greeks than the Hebrews. Concept of the Afterlife, and underworld of torment, treating people the way you'd want to be treated. The Hebrews didn't believe in those things until the Greeks conquered them and introduced them.

Then you really don't understand Greek mythology or religion, do you?

Here was the thing, all those ideas you Christians are so proud of... they have more to do with the Greeks than the Hebrews. Concept of the Afterlife, and underworld of torment, treating people the way you'd want to be treated. The Hebrews didn't believe in those things until the Greeks conquered them and introduced them.

Like everyone else, I studied GM in HS and learned why it was considered a myth. You sound like the one who does not know based on your reply.

Ho hum. The rest is just made up opi in order to troll and show how ignorant and stupid you are. You really are a sacrilegious basturd saying this before Good Friday. You really have no concept of the afterlife and what God did in order to save the world -- sacrificing his only son. Wait until the third day on what is to me considered the most important Christian holiday. Many people will answer it is Christmas.

Like everyone else, I studied GM in HS and learned why it was considered a myth. You sound like the one who does not know based on your reply.

That's the problem, you have a high school understanding of Greek Mythology. If you studied the more advanced stuff in College (namely a college that doesn't teach about talking snakes in Biology Class) you'd know that the Greek's had a much more complicated religion, and that by the time Homer was writing the Iliad, those stories were considered to be myths....

Read the Iliad or the Oddyssy. Homer's Gods are clownish buffoons, that's how they are written.

Ho hum. The rest is just made up opi in order to troll and show how ignorant and stupid you are. You really are a sacrilegious basturd saying this before Good Friday.

Oh, wait till you see what I do on Easter Every year... or as I like to refer to it, "Happy Zombie Jesus Day".

You really have no concept of the afterlife and what God did in order to save the world -- sacrificing his only son. Wait until the third day on what is to me considered the most important Christian holiday. Many people will answer it is Christmas.

No, I just find it to be a silly myth. So God sent his only son or maybe Himself to be dead for a couple of days before going up to heaven. Kind of makes him sort of a Drama Queen...

You see, as much as I rip on Xians, I do think at it's base, there are some good ideas in Christianity. Unfortunately, those are lost on the "Christian" (Not Really) Right, who are all about hating Gays and Mexicans, just like Jesus did!

Very true. Everywhere throughout history when the people have turned from the God of Jacob darkness has prevailed.

The Video I posted earlier in the thread, which you saw and tried to lamely address... Here it is again for all those playing along at home.

The author does not give his name and It is biased. Why do you fall for such BS? It seems it is due to your atheist religion and atheism probably leads to evolution. Just look at the comments section. It's full of low brow internet atheists.

I'm sure the intent is good, but still not sure why some of you folks waste so much time on some of these lost souls. (and the other evil entities slithering these boards)

Fairly obvious obvious he's got you rolling in the mud.....and enjoys dragging you into it with him.
The definition of madness is persistently trying to make a Saint out of a Demon. Even Jesus knew some were not reachable and didn't waste time on them.

Hebrews 6:4-6

And you believe there is evil? How do you know you're not dealing with it here in this thread?

I'm sure the intent is good, but still not sure why some of you folks waste so much time on some of these lost souls. (and the other evil entities slithering these boards)

Fairly obvious obvious he's got you rolling in the mud.....and enjoys dragging you into it with him.
The definition of madness is persistently trying to make a Saint out of a Demon. Even Jesus knew some were not reachable and didn't waste time on them.

Hebrews 6:4-6

And you believe there is evil? How do you know you're not dealing with it here in this thread?

WHy do you equate evil with "not believing in your sky fairy".

Sorry, I've met a lot of "Good Christians' who were the biggest snakes in the grass i ever met. And I'm not even talking about the pedophile priests in the Catholic Church.

I've met Buhddists, Hindus and Muslims who were some of the most decent people I've ever met.

But Happy Zombie Jesus Day, man.

Forum List

Back