If it's a choice between "history" and "Republicans". I have to go with "history".

R

rdean

History says we can't "nation build" and countries that do "fail".
Republicans were wrong about Iraq. And the oil didn't pay for it, the American Middle Class did.

Taxes rose steadily for decades reaching 90% on the wealthiest Americans under Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower. At the same time, the middle class bought houses and grew affluent. The highway system was built. Both Republicans and Democrats admired science and education. The highway system was built. NASA has brought in billions directly from patents and licenses and an untold amount from what it gave to business.

Since Reagan, and the country following Republican policies, especially on taxes, income has dropped, the middle class has become poor, the infrastructure is old, Republicans have turned their back on education and science.

We were put into deep debt by the Bush tax cuts passed through "reconciliation". They were going to create jobs. Since then, we've been in a recession so deep, some have called it a depression. Business took the money and moved millions of jobs to China from 2001 to 2008.

History says "Noah's Ark" is not a true story.
Republicans say the "Grand Canyon" is proof.

So who to believe? Republicans or history?

Republicans were wrong about Iraq. And the oil didn't pay for it, the American Middle Class did.

Taxes rose steadily for decades reaching 90% on the wealthiest Americans under Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower. At the same time, the middle class bought houses and grew affluent. The highway system was built. Both Republicans and Democrats admired science and education. The highway system was built. NASA has brought in billions directly from patents and licenses and an untold amount from what it gave to business.

Since Reagan, and the country following Republican policies, especially on taxes, income has dropped, the middle class has become poor, the infrastructure is old, Republicans have turned their back on education and science.

We were put into deep debt by the Bush tax cuts passed through "reconciliation". They were going to create jobs. Since then, we've been in a recession so deep, some have called it a depression. Business took the money and moved millions of jobs to China from 2001 to 2008.

I have a few questions for you, since you are an expert on history and all.

1. If nation building is always a failure how do you explain Germany and Japan?
  2. Which Republicans, by name, said that Iraq oil would pay for the war?
  3. If taxes rose steadily why did they go down after WWI?
  4. How long, exactly, was the rate at 90%?
  5. Why did it go down after that?
  6. If income has dropped since Reagan why are Americans buying more?
  7. How do higher taxes lead to lower incomes in the first place?
  8. How do tax cuts increase debt when revenue goes up after they are implemented?
  9. If you are worried about infrastructure why do you support gasoline taxes being used for high speed rail in California?
  10. Why did employment go up after the Bush tax cuts?
  11. How, exactly did the Bush tax cuts cause the housing bubble to burst and how did everyone that predicted the bubble bursting 20 years ago know that the Bush tax cuts were going to pass?
  12. What does Noah's Ark have to do with this?
  13. Where in history does it tell me that Noah's Ark is just a story?
  14. Has history ever been wrong? Didn't history once say that the entire Trojan War was a myth?

If it's a choice between "history" and "Republicans". I have to go with "history".

If it's a choice between RDean and Reality, I have to go with Reality. :razz:

If I had to chose between rdean and insanity I would pick insanity.

Given that you claim that polluted Chinese rivers are in Texas, The Onion is a legitimate news source, and the South Park guys wrote a serious musical about Mormonism, I'll have to pass on your "history".

If I had to chose between rdean and insanity I would pick insanity.

Shit, I'll take the brown acid. :lmao:

Forum List

Back