If it wasn't for liberals this country would have no civil rights

If Santorum had his way anal sex would be a felony crime punished by prison and or a fine, the same for blow jobs, if a woman wants to voluntarily suck me off in my own house why should it be a crime?If I want to have protected sex with condoms and if my girl wants to use birth control so as not to have babies that would be our choice, repugs shouldn't choose for us.

Santorum wants to outlaw blow jobs? you are joking right?

No explicitly, but he is for sodomy laws, blow jobs would be sodomy.

Mudwhistle said:
Ron Paul is not a Republican

Yes, he is. That is his party affiliation. That is also the party's nomination for president that he is currently seeking. He holds opinions that differ from a lot of other Republicans, but nonetheless he is a Republican.

If Santorum had his way anal sex would be a felony crime punished by prison and or a fine, the same for blow jobs, if a woman wants to voluntarily suck me off in my own house why should it be a crime?If I want to have protected sex with condoms and if my girl wants to use birth control so as not to have babies that would be our choice, repugs shouldn't choose for us.

Santorum wants to outlaw blow jobs? you are joking right?

No explicitly, but he is for sodomy laws, blow jobs would be sodomy.

Why does he care whats going on in peoples bedrooms? I thought we were past all that.

Actually, this country has always had civil rights, as guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.

It's always had liberals, too, and that's the reason we have a Bill of Rights.

Horseshit (your word), the liberals of the day did not want a big gov't, feared it even. They worried about a central gov't that was too strong, something you guys today constantly support.

The problem is that progressives in both parties have eroded those rights over the past century and then some, it is they who are continually trying to diminish your rights.

Horseshit. Progressives (=liberals) have strengthened the BoR, applying it to the states as well as the federal government, and extending the concept of rights to encompass not just white men but also nonwhites and women, and also gay people, etc. The only "rights" that progressives have "eroded" are rights that don't exist, like the right to get phenomenally rich without limit while most people are denied opportunities, or the right to pollute the environment, or the right to profiteer off wars. Or, at one time, the right to own slaves.

Uh, it was the Republican party that supported freeing the slaves. And let's not pretend that it is only the GOP that favors big corps and banks. If you don't think that progressives have not been responsible for eroding individual rights, you are sadly mistaken. And BTW, who was it who took us to war in WWI? Woodrow Wilson, a democrat. Who was it who took us to war in WWII? FDR, a democrat. Who was it who escalated the war in Vietnam? Kennedy and Johnson, democrats. Who was it who took us to war in Bosnia? Clinton, a democrat. The current occupant in the WH ramped up the war in Afghanistan, and BTW 115 democrats voted for the Iraq war.

It is true however, that the religious right has been trying for a long time to impose their values on the rest of us, mostly by not funding things like abortions with taxpayer dollars. Not sure if that's the same as saying you can't do something, only that the rest of us don't have to pay for some of your choices.

The religious right pursues these methods because they are denied the ability to do what they would actually like to do: forbid all religious dissent and all behavior they consider immoral by force of law. We know this because of what they have done in the past, before they lost the culture war.

And the atheists on the left want to forbid religion altogether, BFD. The religious right is just one of very many interest groups in this country, who support politicians and policies that you don't like. Why is it so hard to acknowledge their right to their views and their right to express those views, and their right to vote for and support the candidates and parties of their choice?

And be a theocracy ran by rightwing evangelic shitheads who would tell where and when to stick your penis for your own good. I wonder how many rightwing shitheads listen to their "Christian" preachers and politicians when they tell when and where to stick their penises and into what holes or is it a case of do as I say and not as I do?
Al Gore Sr. (Democrat) Voted against the Civil Rights Act.

Republicans pushed Civil Rights early on. Democrats did everything they could to prevent it. Once JFK won that perception changed. Abe Lincoln started it and if you can pull up the votes on civil rights acts you'll discover that the Democrat Party was mostly against it in the beginning.

Btw, the KKK was and still is church-going rightwingers, and Democrats.
I love it when Conservatives duck for cover under political party labels! They conveniently ignore ideology. Conservatives (Democrats some of them most certainly) provided the resistance to civil rights. Liberals (Republicans some of them certainly) champion civil rights.

It just goes to show how lazy Conservatives can be and how stupid they regard Liberals.

Learn the difference between Conservative and Liberal, Republican and Democrat and you won't have to look so bloody stupid in the bargain.

Republicans pushed Civil Rights early on. Democrats did everything they could to prevent it. Once JFK won that perception changed. Abe Lincoln started it and if you can pull up the votes on civil rights acts you'll discover that the Democrat Party was mostly against it in the beginning.

Btw, the KKK was and still is church-going rightwingers, and Democrats.
I love it when Conservatives duck for cover under political party labels! They conveniently ignore ideology. Conservatives (Democrats some of them most certainly) provided the resistance to civil rights. Liberals (Republicans some of them certainly) champion civil rights.

It just goes to show how lazy Conservatives can be and how stupid they regard Liberals.

Learn the difference between Conservative and Liberal, Republican and Democrat and you won't have to look so bloody stupid in the bargain.

I don't follow and repeat stereotypes like a parrot. I know the difference between the parties. I also have lived long enough to see how they have changed and I have lived and worked with enough Southern Democrats to know that the image the left paints for us isn't always true. I was shocked to learn this myself mind you.

You want to believe what is popular opinion whereas I know from experience what the real deal is. I think meeting these folks gives one a better picture than seeing it on TV or reading about it. I've lived in several Southern states and worked here for quite awhile. I've been asked to join a militia and turned it down. I know what's going on.

Being fair-minded means not assuming anything. The left doesn't want fair-minded folks. They want people to just repeat their nonsense and believe it.

And be a theocracy ran by rightwing evangelic shitheads who would tell where and when to stick your penis for your own good. I wonder how many rightwing shitheads listen to their "Christian" preachers and politicians when they tell when and where to stick their penises and into what holes or is it a case of do as I say and not as I do?

Are you talking about the liberals that support Kelo, which allows the government to take property from poor black people to give it to rich white people?

Forum List

Back