If it was the first time............

Barry had no record in 2008.

He now has a record and boy does it suck.

I think Romney stands a good chance of winning simply because the Hope and Change crowd now know their boy is no different than any other candidate. He sure as hell don't walk on water and he sure as hell doesn't have a clue on getting the economy up and running.

And if there's one group that might predictably stay home, it will be the youth group. Not only our current group of students but most particularly those who graduated in the past 4 years and now find half of them un or under employed.

They have a reputation for demanding an atmosphere of hysteromania [or a keg of beer] before they deign to get off their butts to do something so mundane as vote.

A clear loser for the O this time around.

Barry had no record in 2008.

He now has a record and boy does it suck.

I think Romney stands a good chance of winning simply because the Hope and Change crowd now know their boy is no different than any other candidate. He sure as hell don't walk on water and he sure as hell doesn't have a clue on getting the economy up and running.

I'd agree that some of the hopey-changey folks now recognize the fact the obama is just another pol with only his own best interests at heart. But there are still many who voted for him in '08 who will vote for him in '12 for exactly the same reason...i.e. he's black like them.

I never underestimate blind passion but love doesn't always last forever.

It's the number who fall out of passion that attracts my interest.

Kind of brings to mind "The Lover's Resolution'...George Withers

Shall my silly heart be pined
'Cause I see a woman kind?
Or a well disposèd nature
Joinèd with a lovely feature?
Be she meeker, kinder, than
Turtle-dove or pelican,
If she be not so to me,
What care I how kind she be?

good thing you picked that powerhouse of a mood generator called Mitt

Ms. Truthie....you're mis-perceiving. The fuel in this election, the 'powerhouse,' is Barack Obama.

Unfortunately for the Left...he is a negative force.
It doesn't matter who the GOP candidate is.

Last edited:
Sorry. The audience wasn't shown so I can't answer that question.

But more likely they're simply disappointed and perhaps were hoping he would provide some answers. Sounds to me like they didn't get any.
In 2008, the media never missed an opportunity to pan around and show the size and enthusiasm of the crowds that showed up at one of his events.

Now, they almost never show the size of the crowd. They're big on showing embarrassing shots of Romney at a single event where half the stadium floor was empty.

I think you may be right. The President's policies have helped only the extreme left, and has pretty much let down the rest of the country. It is beginning to show in the lack of support from not only independents, but core groups within the democrat party.

It may be interesting to see if all the bribes will pay of for the President.

Sorry. The audience wasn't shown so I can't answer that question.

But more likely they're simply disappointed and perhaps were hoping he would provide some answers. Sounds to me like they didn't get any.

In 2008, Obama had three things going for him.

The biggest factor working in his favor was that he was Not Bush.

The second biggest was the Hopey-Changey factor. Every speech was, "Here's what we need to do."

The third factor was he was an articulate, clean black man.

Today, the biggest factor no longer works. He cannot blame Bush for his problems forever. Sooner or later, he has to take responsibility for the state of the union. The clock has run out.

As for the second factor, I think on a subconscious level people are starting to notice all Obama talks about is what he has done. There is no more "here's what we need to do." It's all about resting on his laurels now. He is not forward-looking at all. And his signature legislation may be about to be found unconstitutional.

No one has a clue what Obama plans for the future. And that is a truly bizarre situation.

The novelty of the third factor has worn off. Now he is being judged for the content of his character and found to be lacking.

Last edited:
A spot-on assessment, fur shur.

Funny how the mind works and how many times, listening to him, I've shook my head and muttered.....

Dude, when are ya' gonna' stop blaming Bush and the rest of the world?

Dude, when are ya' gonna' quit bitching about Romney's evil "plans" and tell us what YOURS are?

Dude, are you a one-trick pony? - tax the rich, tax the rich. Is there nothing else in your bag of goodies?

The biggest factor working in Mitt's favor is that he's NOT OBAMA.

And he's articulate and clean. Two out of three will have to do.

Forum List

Back