If It Was Priced Right...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
If it had the features you wanted and was priced right, would you hesitate to buy a car from GM?

How about Ford and Chrysler?

Personally, neither of my cars (one VW and one Jeep - both bought used) is any where near needing to be replaced, but if I were in the market, I would look first at Jeep and then at Chevrolet and Ford.

-Joe

If Ford stays out of the clutches of the government, I'll look and test drive next fall or winter. While my car is only a 2006, it's over 70k miles already. I hope to substantially cut down on driving, but moving closer to school.

I will not buy a car from the government.

If Ford stays out of the clutches of the government, I'll look and test drive next fall or winter. While my car is only a 2006, it's over 70k miles already. I hope to substantially cut down on driving, but moving closer to school.

Even if the price, feature for feature, would save you a few thousand at GM?

Is there some price point that would get you to look? Half the cost? A third?

-Joe

-Joe

Take a look at the thread about 'not one dime'...

-Joe

Take a look at the thread about 'not one dime'...

So... that would be 'no', eh?

-Joe

If it had the features you wanted and was priced right, would you hesitate to buy a car from GM?

Personally, neither of my cars (one VW and one Jeep - both bought used) is any where near needing to be replaced, but if I were in the market, I would look first at Jeep and then at Chevrolet and Ford.

-Joe

I like Nissans but when I get a new car, I'd still buy a GM, Ford or any of them first. I'd be willing to bet that after all of this bad publicity, they will get their act together and start competing the way they should have been all along.

It's time to get serious and when they do, America will be supportive.

If you buy a foriegn made automobile, it is likely that the government of the country of origin has much to do with the support of that brand.

70K? I average 250K on most vehicles before replacing them.

-Joe
Dodge or Ford here. No GM products. We never were GM fans yet we tried one. After buying a lemon at near thirty grand in 1991 from GM and taking a ten grand loss in just a few months we determine we would never buy a new GM product again.

If you buy a foriegn made automobile, it is likely that the government of the country of origin has much to do with the support of that brand.

70K? I average 250K on most vehicles before replacing them.

That's a good point, many of the goods purchased from foreign manufacturers are subsidized. I wonder what, if anything, the Japanese government does for Honda and Toyota regarding the plants they run in the US?

Which is better, all things being equal, helping GM pay the US taxpayers back or helping Honda to support the Japanese government?

I know that VW is at least partly owned by the German government, but that did not affect my decision to own one, as I bought it used and got a hell of a deal for my 4 grand.

-Joe

All I know is I would love the Big 3 Car Factories here to be back to the way they once were, but sadly, I don't think that is going to happen. The towns where they were located have been dying a slow death for years now. When you see it every day, you tend to put a face on the people that is being affected by all that is happening right now.

Oh, and I would love to buy a Jeep, I think that will be my next car.

I was a little too hard on the big Three the other day in one of these threads somewhere.

The truth is that I owned three Fords, and all three were darn good cars.

First, I had a 65 hardtop Mustang. I was dumb for not keeping it. Excellent car. Then, later, I owned an 83 Ford Fairmont (also known as a Mercury Zephyr). It was ugly and looked like it was from the 70s. I owned that car about 6 years after it was made, and it looked 20 years old. But it ran like a top (straight 6). Great car. I paid 450 for it and sold it two years later for 750. I should have kept it.

Then I had a 2000 Ford Explorer (or 2002--I forget which). Great car. Ran well. It was hard to get little kids in and out of it, but I actually liked it a lot.

I currently have a 2001 Honda Civic (flawless) and a 2004 Toyota Sienna (flawless), but my next new car will someday be a Jeep or an F150.

i have a nissan 6 years old and built solid. i bought a 2008 saturn a month ago so we'll see how it goes

Forum List

Back