If it was election time for your local Politican.

OK I have found out that many here blame both Political parties but more so the Republicans bear the brunt of the blame for the mess that has been created here in America. Now I would like to find out if it was election time for your Congressional Representative would you vote for them? Or would you vote for their oppent? Or would you not vote at all?

I won't be voting for Blanche Lincoln. It was fun to watch Organized labor waste $10 million against Lincoln. That was priceless. Why people give their hard-earned money to these unions is beyond me. She'll easily lose to Republican John Boozman in November. I need to find out more about him, but I don't vote for Republicans unless they're more of a libertarian than a Republican. I'll probably vote for an independent if one runs.

I like my current congressional rep. Tom Rooney (R)
Ex-army, constitutional professor at West Point, strong family values.
He's voted in line with my POV, probably, 92% of the time.
But 6 years is enough.
When his term is up, in 2014, I will find someone to replace him.
I have even told him, in person, exactly that.
I say vote for what you feel is the best but what if your new picks turns out to be a snake oil sellsman?
I'll research the person as best I can, talk to them if I can,,,,,,try to get as much information as possible.
While 2 terms should be the limit for Senators, 12 years is a long time for Representatives.
Obviously, if Rooney is still the best choice, I'd vote for him again

OK I have found out that many here blame both Political parties but more so the Republicans bear the brunt of the blame for the mess that has been created here in America. Now I would like to find out if it was election time for your Congressional Representative would you vote for them? Or would you vote for their oppent? Or would you not vote at all?

I won't be voting for Blanche Lincoln. It was fun to watch Organized labor waste $10 million against Lincoln. That was priceless. Why people give their hard-earned money to these unions is beyond me. She'll easily lose to Republican John Boozman in November. I need to find out more about him, but I don't vote for Republicans unless they're more of a libertarian than a Republican. I'll probably vote for an independent if one runs.

You are ready to clean out DC. I HEAR YOU.

I like my current congressional rep. Tom Rooney (R)
Ex-army, constitutional professor at West Point, strong family values.
He's voted in line with my POV, probably, 92% of the time.
But 6 years is enough.
When his term is up, in 2014, I will find someone to replace him.
I have even told him, in person, exactly that.
I say vote for what you feel is the best but what if your new picks turns out to be a snake oil sellsman?
I'll research the person as best I can, talk to them if I can,,,,,,try to get as much information as possible.
While 2 terms should be the limit for Senators, 12 years is a long time for Representatives.

Good I feel good about your district. It seems to be in good hands.

Good I feel good about your district. It seems to be in good hands.
Now if we could just do something with Crazy Charlie.
Can't Obama offer him a Cabinet seat to drop out?

"Republicans bear the brunt of the blame"---I think you mean Booooosssssh. In reality the mess we are currently in to today--is primarily because of liberal--democrat policies that happened starting with Jimmy Carter--(Fannie/Freddie) and expanded under the Clinton administration.

This younger generation needed another Jimmy Carter--and they got one in Obama--in fact one that is much worse than Jimmy Carter. This President has a no limit credit card that has their names, their kids and grandkids names all over it for re-payment---:lol::lol:

And ALL the spending this President has done--has not yet--created one single--long term private sector JOB.

So I'll be voting for the most conservative candidate in my state. One who believes in a smaller--less intrusive government--and one who will lay-off government workers for a change.

Maybe you should have

Maybe I should have, but he still would have lost.

What kind of thinking is that? You only lose when you stop think you are going to win.

Realistic thinking. There was no significant grassroots opposition in place to go up against the establishment backed candidate, so I as a single person certainly wouldn't have been able to make up the difference between the two candidates. Though like I said, it was closer than I thought it would be. He only lost by around 5000 votes, but I think this was due to the name recognition he had.

"Republicans bear the brunt of the blame"---I think you mean Booooosssssh. In reality the mess we are currently in to today--is primarily because of liberal--democrat policies that happened starting with Jimmy Carter--(Fannie/Freddie) and expanded under the Clinton administration.

This younger generation needed another Jimmy Carter--and they got one in Obama--in fact one that is much worse than Jimmy Carter. This President has a no limit credit card that has their names, their kids and grandkids names all over it for re-payment---:lol::lol:

And ALL the spending this President has done--has not yet--created one single--long term private sector JOB.

So I'll be voting for the most conservative candidate in my state. One who believes in a smaller--less intrusive government--and one who will lay-off government workers for a change.

Nope Bush doesn't control spending Congress does the blame game was made and for some strange reason it was pointed out that the Republicans should bear the brunt of the blame. Why for the life of me I do not understand but that was what moist were saying. But anyway what about your Congressional Representative would you vote for them?

Last edited:
Maybe I should have, but he still would have lost.

What kind of thinking is that? You only lose when you stop think you are going to win.

Realistic thinking. There was no significant grassroots opposition in place to go up against the establishment backed candidate, so I as a single person certainly wouldn't have been able to make up the difference between the two candidates. Though like I said, it was closer than I thought it would be. He only lost by around 5000 votes, but I think this was due to the name recognition he had.

I say never give up never quit.

What i really hate is casting a vote against. I am not voting FOR someone but against them. My favorite candidate is Mickey Mouse as a wright in. I don't care who they are, good or bad, if they are in I am voting them out.

I am voting the mantra. CHANGE.

I say never give up never quit.

I would agree, but one needs to pick their battles. I realized that no matter what I did in regards to this race the results would be the same, so I decided to focus my efforts elsewhere.

What i really hate is casting a vote against. I am not voting FOR someone but against them. My favorite candidate is Mickey Mouse as a wright in. I don't care who they are, good or bad, if they are in I am voting them out.

This is why Primary's are so important going to vote during primarys trying to get the best canidate for your party is a most or you end up with a BLIND FOLD AND A DART.

How is refusing to be chumped by numerous fallacies about "wasted votes", "electing the other guy" and/or (your favorite argumentum ad nauseum here) being part of the problem?
Not voting at all is not looking for change you are complacant and must like the way things are.
I vote for libertarians.

If republicans ever have so much as a prayer of earning my vote again, they'll have to be something other than the party of "Hey, at least we're not them."

This is why Primary's are so important going to vote during primarys trying to get the best canidate for your party is a most or you end up with a BLIND FOLD AND A DART.

I don't get to vote in the primary because i don't have a party affiliation.

How is refusing to be chumped by numerous fallacies about "wasted votes", "electing the other guy" and/or (your favorite argumentum ad nauseum here) being part of the problem?
Not voting at all is not looking for change you are complacant and must like the way things are.
I vote for libertarians.

If republicans ever have so much as a prayer of earning my vote again, they'll have to be something other than the party of "Hey, at least we're not them."

Libertarians now have just as much chance of winning as a Repoublican or Democrat.

I absolutely refuse to vote for any incumbent. With the exception of the local mayor who has done a fantastic job. (Not hard to be mayor of 1200 people).

Forum List

Back