If it is good enough for the President

It doesnt sound honorable at all.
Some kind of reform is required .

You say that because you don't like the people in power right now.

You want "reform" because you don't like the rep from a district that you don't live in.

Once again, tough shit. There are hundreds of politicians around the world that I hate - but you don't hear me trying to legislate other people's right to vote away.

Why do I only ever see conservatives trying to curtail the rights of people to vote for who they want to?

Oh that would be the sociopathy... a functional delusion commonly associated with unsound cognitive means.

It's the minimum threshold for admittance into the Ideological Left...

The incumbent-protection racket takes many forms, from high ballot-access hurdles to onerous campaign-finance rules. But nothing does more to turn elections into shams than gerrymandering -- mapping congressional and legislative districts so that they become wholly owned subsidiaries of one political party.

Gerrymanders aren't always used to suppress partisan minorities. Sometimes both parties collude, as California lawmakers did in 2001. The Los Angeles Times recalled last week that ''Democrats and Republicans struck an agreement ensuring that whichever party represented a district at the time would get or keep a registration advantage. The sweetheart deal worked better than the drafters had expected. In 2002, only three legislative seats changed parties. Last November, not one of the 153 congressional and legislative seats on the ballot switched from 'R' to 'D' or vice versa."

Boston.com / News / Boston Globe / Opinion / Op-ed / Power to the people

You want "reform" because you don't like the rep from a district that you don't live in.

Once again, tough shit. There are hundreds of politicians around the world that I hate - but you don't hear me trying to legislate other people's right to vote away.

No the corruption has become so obvious anyone can see it, with exception of you.

It's the CONSTITUTION Stupid!

Voting for representatives which represent ideas that stand in opposition TO the US Constitution is NOT a right of yours or anyone else.

America was founded upon a set of principles and you've no right to do anything but respect those principles or get the hell out of America.

Any questions?

No the corruption has become so obvious anyone can see it, with exception of you.

Gerry-mandering?

You mean it took 200 years for everyone to notice it?

Gerry-mandering?

The people will only take so much .
You can fight against reform .

Gerry-mandering?

no reason it should continue then...right?

You people are IDIOTS. We have term limits, it is called the ballot Box. There should be NO Constitutional Amendment limiting the President either. If people are stupid enough to keep electing crocks they deserve what they get.

It amazes me that some of you are against a nanny State until it comes to your own little pet peeves. Then it is perfectly fine for the State to protect you from yourself. And THAT is all Term limits does is protect you from yourselves.

BY the way? You want term limits pass a Constitutional Amendment.

Then you have you dumb asses calling for a Constitutional Congress. You are aware, one hopes, that if such a beast is EVER called they can and will write what ever they want, remove what ever they want, add what ever they want and throw the old Constitution out with the bath water? A Constitutional Congress gets to do what ever they feel like to the NEW Constitution.

You people are IDIOTS. We have term limits, it is called the ballot Box. There should be NO Constitutional Amendment limiting the President either. If people are stupid enough to keep electing crocks they deserve what they get.

It amazes me that some of you are against a nanny State until it comes to your own little pet peeves. Then it is perfectly fine for the State to protect you from yourself. And THAT is all Term limits does is protect you from yourselves.

BY the way? You want term limits pass a Constitutional Amendment.

Then you have you dumb asses calling for a Constitutional Congress. You are aware, one hopes, that if such a beast is EVER called they can and will write what ever they want, remove what ever they want, add what ever they want and throw the old Constitution out with the bath water? A Constitutional Congress gets to do what ever they feel like to the NEW Constitution.

The districts are rigged with gerrymandering insuring virtual lifetime seats .
This is a state not a federal thing as far as Im concerned.

Forum List

Back