If it is good enough for the President

Doesn't work, even if you get them, the slimes get into office and change it back.

NY wanted limits for years, finally got it, then a rich guy wanted a third term and got it changed so he could.

Congress would be the same.

There is no reason I had to have Ted Kennedy of Poopcity telling me how to live down in Florida my entire adult life.
I couldnt vote against him but he got to fuck with me all he wanted.
It aint right.

Fine If thats what it takes they can have a retirement .

No, they shouldn't receive anything other than standard Social Security and 401Ks, just like the private sector. Let them do defined contribution.

There will be perks for the ruling elite until they are all dead. They consider themselves above the average citizen...and legislate to make sure they stay there.

Indeed. It's a rigged game.

We really do need a Constitutional Convention to get rid of the loopholes which enable the Ruling Class.

Doesn't work, even if you get them, the slimes get into office and change it back.

NY wanted limits for years, finally got it, then a rich guy wanted a third term and got it changed so he could.

Congress would be the same.
Sounds like you're saying we've an oligarchy and the free republic has passed...

If that's the case, there are only two options: Throw them all out in the streets and change the constitution

or

kill them all in the streets and hang their corpses from the streetlamps

Since you've pretty much said the first is impossible at this point...

Indeed. It's a rigged game.

We really do need a Constitutional Convention to get rid of the loopholes which enable the Ruling Class.

I'm for that. Where do we start?

Well, first you'd need representatives willing to throw themselves out.

Of course, the states are controlled (for the most part) by the same two parties as DC, so the Constitution doesn't really work if you think things are as bad as Xeno and the others say. You either accept the oligarchy or result to violent uprising and murder to usurp the State and found a new republic/restore the old one.

Fine If thats what it takes they can have a retirement .

No, they shouldn't receive anything other than standard Social Security and 401Ks, just like the private sector. Let them do defined contribution.

I think they need to take the money out of Washington.

Serve two years. Meet only twice a year. No retirement. That would get rid of the greed in Washington.

How do you plan to get representatives in who are willing to kick themselves out?

Term limits: because Americans are too stupid to vote for somebody else. :rolleyes:

Killing the corporations would solve a lot of problems. All you'd have to do is do away with corporate charters.

☭proletarian☭;2149332 said:
Killing the corporations would solve a lot of problems. All you'd have to do is do away with corporate charters.

What an incredibly stupid idea.

☭proletarian☭;2149332 said:

What an incredibly stupid idea.
Right... because corporatism is the best thing to ever happen to America :rolleyes:

You idiots cry about greed and special interests in DC yet won't do anything about them- most in the money in DC is that of corporations.

The Corporation Film: Welcome

Corporations represent bourgeois capitalism left with no master to hold its leash and keep it from crushing the common man between its teeth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corporations are just a legal form which enables people to jointly own a business.

The problem, which you are misindentifying, is Cronyism - the collaboration of Big Government with private businesses which socializes risk and privatizes profit. It would be better to get rid of that.

Here's some recommended reading:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Defense-Corporation-Publication-No-207/dp/081797072X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269802670&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: In Defense of the Corporation (Publication Series: No. 207) (9780817970727): Robert Hessen: Books[/ame]

☭proletarian☭;2149345 said:
The Corporation Film: Welcome

Corporations represent bourgeois capitalism left with no master to hold its leash and keep it from crushing the common man between its teeth.

Lefty Pablum.

If Corporations are Bad, with what would you replace them, even worse Big Government?

Forum List

Back