If Israel "gave the land back" to the Palestinians...

If Israel "gave the land back" to the Palestinians, what would that look like? This idea is brought up frequently, but I don't think anyone has explained what they mean by it. Please be thorough and specific. For examples:

What would be the official languages? What would be the official holidays? Would any holidays be forbidden?

What would the government be? Would people of all ethnicities and religious be permitted to be involved in government?

Would there be any segregation of ethnicities, either through law or discrimination? Or any restriction of movement?

Would anyone be required to move?

How would the right of return of the Palestinians work? Would the Jewish people also have the right of return* and/or compensation? (*meaning the right to return from Arab nations they were exiled from)

What would the immigration laws look like?

What would govern family law? Civil? Religious courts? Which religions?

Who would be permitted to visit the Temple Mount and other holy sites? Would these sites be preserved and protected?

In other words, in what ways would Palestine be different from Israel?

Please also provide evidence that your answers are supported by Hamas, the PA or someone. Or, note that this is only what you would like to see and not necessarily representative of Hamas or PA goals.

Israel can't " give land" back to the Palestinians because I prior to the 67 Wsr the " disputed territories" belonged to Egypt and Jordsn. Israel did Give back Gaza and were rewarded with more Rockets. After the establishment of Israel according to the UN Jordan was supposed to let the Israelis have access to those sites. Of course they didn't. Israel did complain to the UN but nothing was done. THAT is why Israel will NEVER give up Jerusalem.

Shusha, et al,

What "land" are you talking about? (Specifically)

• Are you talking about dissolving the entire State of Israel?

• Are you talking about the Occupied Territories since 1967?​

That is entirely up to Team Palestine to answer. (Many of them certainly imply that they mean the entire territory, including all of what is now Israel)

I want to know what their end game is. What they envision for the future if things were "just" according to their point of view. I want to know what they think the future would look like if they had their way.

See, I'm convinced that even they know their argument doesn't have merit. That's why they are all suspiciously silent.

Shusha, et al,

• Are you talking about the Occupied Territories since 1967?

If Israel "gave the land back" to the Palestinians, what would that look like?
(COMMENT)

I believe that the question is near impossible to answer under the framework you suggest.

The Israelis would never believe that a suitable arrangement could be negotiated.

Most Respectfully,
R

Land, peace, settlements, security...............

where was the peace before '67? Brotherhood, love, recognition, acceptatnce?

unless they are willing to stop the bombs, rockets, tunnels and attacks, unless they are willing to live side by side with Israel, everything else is just empty words.

Shusha, et al,

(COMMENT)

I believe that the question is near impossible to answer under the framework you suggest.

The Israelis would never believe that a suitable arrangement could be negotiated.

Most Respectfully,
R

unless they are willing to stop the bombs, rockets, tunnels and attacks, unless they are willing to live side by side with Israel, everything else is just empty words.
They can't live side by side if Israel gives the land back. They don't just want part of it, they want all of it.

Shusha, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

They can't live side by side if Israel gives the land back. They don't just want part of it, they want all of it.

this is the reason security including a human and concrete barrier is so necessary as a first warning

Forum List

Back