if iran gets the bomb, they can never use it.

in what direction could they send it whereby the end result wouldn't mean their own complete annihilation.

also, can someone explain to me why the rest of the world has the right to tell any country what to do.

what if canada or mexico or switzerland wants one.
560px-Nuclear_weapons_states.svg.png

Map of nuclear-armed states of the world.
NPT-designated nuclear weapon states (China, France,Russia, United Kingdom, United States)
Other states with nuclear weapons (India, Pakistan, North Korea)
Other states believed to have nuclear weapons (Israel)
NATO nuclear weapons sharing states (Belgium, Germany,Netherlands, Italy, Turkey)
States formerly possessing nuclear weapons (Belarus,Kazakhstan, Ukraine, South Africa)
There are eight sovereign states that have successfully detonatednuclear weapons.[1] Five are considered to be "nuclear-weapon states" (NWS) under the terms of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT). In order of acquisition of nuclear weapons these are: the United States, Russia (successor state to the Soviet Union), the United Kingdom, France, and China.

it's a touchy subject, i don't want them to get it, & i'm very pro israel. but i haven't seen this discussion about the political nature (foreign and domestic) and subsequent consequences, especially with an election looming.

i don't like the essence or idea of a world government... is that where we're headed...??

maybe iran has a bomb now. it seems to me that knowing where their bomb is, is safer than not...

i was a little surprised to hear joe leiberman leading a charge against the new arms deal... will it get ratified ?

Can Congress stop the Iran deal - The Washington Post

Foreign Affairs Focus Gary Sick on Iran and the Bomb

i don't think the iran making a bomb is any more critical, than any country Buying a bomb....

maybe the concept of nuclear war is itself becoming obsolete, which harkens back to MAD (mutual assured destruction).

Its not about what the country of Iran would do, Its about what someone who could buy a nuke from them might do, or what some radical group like ISIS might do if it took over Iran.
well, the are state sponsors of terrorists, they are in bed with unstable countries... and most of their population is really nice. they don't want to die.

what the general population wants does not matter. the leaders are radicals. Obama and Kerry are too stupid to realize who they are dealing with.
it does matter RF... the general population is the electorate. like a marriage to your country, for better or for worse till death....

There are those among the Islamists who believe that jumping into an Apocalypse will force Allah's hand in their favor.

That's interesting. You seem to know a lot. Are there also some Christians who wouldn't mind bringing about the apocalypse?
The 12th Imam The Mahdi and Iran Today
They believe the 12th imam will return when there is chaos and bloodshed on a world scale and save them.

and for those too lazy to click a link and read;

Exactly!

And that is the reason why it's so dangerous for Iran to have nuclear weapons.

Iran is a religiously driven country and Mahdism influences it's foreign policy.

That's bad news for the region and the whole world.

If they launched an attack against a country that didn't' possess the technology to respond in kind, with loose defensive treaties, I couldn't see a third party launching a reprisal nuclear attack. That is one way I guess they could avoid "complete annihilation."
I think everyone is in consensus about the dangers posed by proliferation. The world is a considerably smaller place now. What happens in a cave in Afghanistan can have serious consequences on the other side of the world in a short period of time. As long as it is for the greater good, I believe some countries should be able to tell other countries what to do. What the greater good is and who gets to decide is a whole other "can of worms."
While I don't think Iran should have nuclear weapons, they should be allowed access to nuclear power for energy. I also feel the the deterrent factor gets lost sometimes in the discussion about Iran and nuclear weapons. Look at that map and think about their neighbors; several of whom they are engaged with in a proxy religious war on several fronts. So I'm not entirely sold on the idea they are trying to produce a weapon for the sole purpose of launching it at anyone. But this is after all just my opinion.
great post... Welcome !!

We are the only ones monstrous enough to use a nuke, twice, as a weapon of terror, on non-military targets no less. Regardless of what Iran does, we have no room to talk.
i think that's unfair/insulting to the WW 2 vets. presidents roosevelt and truman... etc.. et. al

Last edited:
I doubt retaliation would result if a Democrat were in the WH....
They would push the Diplomacy button not the launch button...
imagine dropping iphones and tablets, not bombs... but that hasn't worked in iran so far... their internet must be regulated somehow...

I know what a "dirty bomb" is------it does not EXPLODE because of the presence of radioactive materials----it just DEPOSITS the stuff-----A tiny pellet can wreck havoc depending on where it is placed------stuck in some plums in the grocery story or dropped into a large storage milk tank-----stuff like that-----or placed in some sort of exploding device it can just distribute radioactivity around--------try to cope with reality-----you want that stuff in the hands of Hezbollah operatives? ---the same kind of people who have been chanting "death to ______" since
age 2 after being told "allah returns the love you show him....."
No I do not want the stuff ion the hands of Iran, maybe my mistake but I thought this was about nuclear bomb.

well----its about NUCLEAR REACTORS-------the refined uranium----and stuff like that ------the things needed to make a nuclear bomb------and which also makes lots of other stuff----------like highly radioactive stuff------
So we expand the OP to mean any weapons which suits me fine. They are not trustworthy and should never have any weapons even sticks and stones.

not even water pistols?
a little squirt never hurt anyone.

try not to be vulgar. ----HOWEVER-----long long ago-----I read a book written by a physician ----who lived about 1000 years ago. His name was moshe ben maimon aka "rambam" Some of the book (guide to the perplexed) described a bit of medical practice-----he noted various clinical signs----that he considered of GOOD PROGNOSTIC value------he said-----"spontaneous emission is a good prognostic sign in a seriously ill man"-------I read this book almost 50 years ago-------I am not sure why I specifically remember that one line-----but I do. Well-----I have to admit-------a little squirt does indicate that the patient is STILL ALIVE------
tumescence is parasympathetic-------but emission is a function of the sympathetic nervous system-------I am not sure how to interpret that fact------but it is interesting

So mostly everyone seems to agree a nuclear Iran is a paper tiger.

So then, why is that the focus of the agreement? Should the focus not be on the funding of terrorism and the military build of of Iran against enemies I don't see it has?

So yeah, they maybe stopped in getting a nuke in the next 10 years, if they follow the agreement. But they have said themselves they would not stop funding terrorism or stop with a military buildup.

Then there is always a possibility of them selling a nuke to the highest bidder.

No I do not want the stuff ion the hands of Iran, maybe my mistake but I thought this was about nuclear bomb.

well----its about NUCLEAR REACTORS-------the refined uranium----and stuff like that ------the things needed to make a nuclear bomb------and which also makes lots of other stuff----------like highly radioactive stuff------
So we expand the OP to mean any weapons which suits me fine. They are not trustworthy and should never have any weapons even sticks and stones.

not even water pistols?

try not to be vulgar. ----HOWEVER-----long long ago-----I read a book written by a physician ----who lived about 1000 years ago. His name was moshe ben maimon aka "rambam" Some of the book (guide to the perplexed) described a bit of medical practice-----he noted various clinical signs----that he considered of GOOD PROGNOSTIC value------he said-----"spontaneous emission is a good prognostic sign in a seriously ill man"-------I read this book almost 50 years ago-------I am not sure why I specifically remember that one line-----but I do. Well-----I have to admit-------a little squirt does indicate that the patient is STILL ALIVE------
tumescence is parasympathetic-------but emission is a function of the sympathetic nervous system-------I am not sure how to interpret that fact------but it is interesting
I was referring to your water gun example.o_O

If the Israelis didn't want nuclear proliferation,

they shouldn't have proliferated.

yeah-----ok, idiot. Israel is a lesson in restraint regarding it's nukes....
good they proliferated. ---------now Pakistan can boast RESTRAINT-
also good. --------nuclear materials can be used in TERRORISM----
not a good idea for Iran to have access

Israel's possession of nukes justifies Iran's possession of nukes. Self-defense.
How do you know Israel has nukes? They tell you? Do you know of any test they have conducted? They have never said one way or another.

(I know I know, but you would be hard pressed to prove that Israel does indeed possess nukes. They merely have lots of scientits who could whip up a bomb in days But that doesn't mean they have one)
Have you been on vacation for a few months or something? Obama double crossed them.

Obama Release Of Secret Report On Israel Nukes Betrays Ally - Investors.com

There are those among the Islamists who believe that jumping into an Apocalypse will force Allah's hand in their favor.

That's interesting. You seem to know a lot. Are there also some Christians who wouldn't mind bringing about the apocalypse?
The difference is, Christians believe that God will bring about the apocalypse in the days of the return of Jesus. Muslims believe they are commanded to bring about the apocalypse as a human act to bring about the return of the 12th imam.

Pakistan has thermonuclear devices since the 80's. They are an Islamic country believed to have close ties to numerous Islamic terrorist organizations.

Why have they not tried to call back the 12th Imam?
Different sect.

The difference is, Christians believe that God will bring about the apocalypse in the days of the return of Jesus. Muslims believe they are commanded to bring about the apocalypse as a human act to bring about the return of the 12th imam.

Pakistan has thermonuclear devices since the 80's. They are an Islamic country believed to have close ties to numerous Islamic terrorist organizations.

Different sect.

No, ignorance of Islam is at play here. The Shiites are not going to set the world on fire just to call back the 12th Imam.

The 12th Imam The Mahdi and Iran Today
They believe the 12th imam will return when there is chaos and bloodshed on a world scale and save them.

and for those too lazy to click a link and read;

Exactly!

And that is the reason why it's so dangerous for Iran to have nuclear weapons.

Iran is a religiously driven country and Mahdism influences it's foreign policy.

That's bad news for the region and the whole world.

Religion is dangerous to the whole world you say.

Amen.

So mostly everyone seems to agree a nuclear Iran is a paper tiger.

So then, why is that the focus of the agreement? Should the focus not be on the funding of terrorism and the military build of of Iran against enemies I don't see it has?

So yeah, they maybe stopped in getting a nuke in the next 10 years, if they follow the agreement. But they have said themselves they would not stop funding terrorism or stop with a military buildup.

Then there is always a possibility of them selling a nuke to the highest bidder.

The fact that Iran's OTHER many misdeeds were not addressed----has been mentioned here and there------and......it is the way it is-----Iran is a very evil force
in the world RIGHT NOW-----and the world is yawning

not even water pistols?

I was referring to your water gun example.o_O

yes----I little squirt

Different sect.

No, ignorance of Islam is at play here. The Shiites are not going to set the world on fire just to call back the 12th Imam.
I posted video click proving that Ahmed and his leader are twelvers.

Different sect.

They say they will. When people make promises like that, like when germany made similar promises in the 30's, it pays to believe them. Not believing them leads to tragedy

They "know" Israel has the bomb, has since the 1960's, probably has hydrogen bombs, has delivery systems far better than their own. They insist on anuhilating Israel.

During the cold war we had the doctrine of Mutual Assured Destruction. This meant neither side would cut loose because they would suffer similar fates. It kept both sides honest.

But Israel can't have that with Iran. The Iranians see the destruction Israel could do to them as something wonderful. There can be no protection by Irans assured destruction.

Israel won't tell if they have the bomb. Seeing as the number on Jews in the manhatten project, and the sheer number of scientits in Israel I am pretty sure they do. And the amount of destruction they can let loose can make Hiroshima look like a wet firecracker. Giving the bomb to Iran means the end of Iran.

Israel has nukes and Israel will defend its existence. If that results in the elimination of Iran, so be it.

Iran is too big to "eliminate" -------some Iranians have actually commented
that Iran can "afford" to absorb a bomb-------and ---of course---boasted "da jooos can't" HOWEVER-----it's all bluster. I believe that the problem that
THE BOMB creates is an increased sense of power in the minds of local yokels -----who get INSPIRED to commit acts of terrorism for the "CAUSE"

That increased sense of power is very real.
If we catch Iran doing something untoward them having nukes makes it a little tricky to strike back.
That will make them much bolder in their support of terrorism.

Different sect.

monks.jpg

sects sects sects, is that all you guys ever talk about ??

Forum List

Back