If Iran closed the Straight of Hormuz?

You mean other than attacking Egypt in concert with France and Britian in 1956.
Launching a pre-emptive war against its neighbors in 1967.
Launching an invasion against Lebanon in 1982.
Launching another invasion of Lebanon in 2005
Not to mention the ongoing violence against Palestinians in the "occuppied Territories".
OK..and...?
For your response to counter my point, you need to provide examples of Israel acting against others w/o provocation.
None of these apply. Please try again.

Last edited:
Well, then it strikes me that the problem isn't Iran, it's the existence of Israel antagonizing the whole region. But we can't talk about that.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. That's like saying Charles Manson's existence killed people. People are responsible for their actions. Israel's actions antagonize its neighbors. They need to make better decisions.

Attachments

• $555px-Strait_of_hormuz_full.jpg
    $555px-Strait_of_hormuz_full.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Not to mention the ongoing violence against Palestinians in the "occuppied Territories".
OK..and...?
For your response to counter my point, you need to provide examples of Israel acting against others w/o provocation.

I would say all of these apply.

The 1956 war was specifially instructive. Egypt wanted control of a waterway within her designated territory. The French and British wanted to maintain control of it. The Zionists decided, what the heck, everyone else is beating down on Nassir, let's get in on some of that action.

Seriously. Screw Israel.

OK..and...?
I would say all of these apply.
All of them were in reaction to a provocation, and thus, none were unprovoked.
As I said - please try again.

Well, then it strikes me that the problem isn't Iran, it's the existence of Israel antagonizing the whole region. But we can't talk about that.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. That's like saying Charles Manson's existence killed people. People are responsible for their actions. Israel's actions antagonize its neighbors. They need to make better decisions.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing here, becuase it's hard to tell.

I would say that the very fact Israel sits on land the Arabs consider rightfully theirs is the provocation, and to be honest, they aren't going to be happy until they've driven them off or at least until they aren't in charge anymore.

To which I ask, why are we getting in the middle of this again? Why is this our problem?

Iran does not want to provoke retaliation from the West. Any attempt to block shipping through the straight would be dealt with harshly

We don't have a wimpy President in there who only cares about Iran. Our current President would deliver a serious ass whipping and Iran knows it

And Iran won't care. They are on a divine mission you see. We think in political terms when we think of the ME.

Whoopsies. Big mistake.

When a leader of a country is actually saying to the world that he wants to help bring about the end of days by bringing forth the Mahdi, it has nothing to do with politics.

You have to wrap your brain around the fact that end of days is a divine mission in their minds.

Iran is not as stupid as you think. They are not into suicidal attacks. Mush of the country is highly educated and it is the religious conservatives who exercise undue influence.

I have never believed Iranians are stupid. Ever. Au contraire. I consider the majority of the populace to be absolutely brilliant.

I would say that the very fact Israel sits on land the Arabs consider rightfully theirs is the provocation, and to be honest, they aren't going to be happy until they've driven them off or at least until they aren't in charge anymore.
Yes, it is very clear that Israel's will contine to attack Israel simply because she exists.

However, and however much you may not like it, Israel has every buit as much right to exist as any other country in the region.

Thus, the problem lies within those that look to destroy Israel as -they- continue the conflict at all costs.

Doesn't anyone here realize that truly the leadership is messianic and need to bring about conflict to make the end of days in their lifetime?

That's the goal.

Yes, it is very clear that Israel's will contine to attack Israel simply because she exists.

However, and however much you may not like it, Israel has every buit as much right to exist as any other country in the region.

Thus, the problem lies within those that look to destroy Israel as -they- continue the conflict at all costs.

The Hamas Charter clearly states that Israel must be destroyed.

Iran has continually called for the destruction of Israel but most don't understand the religious basis for this.

It's crucial for this chaos. It's a necessity for the end of days.

Last edited:

Quite the contrary, Israel is an Apartheid state, and it will go the way of it's former ally, South Africa, in due time.

Israel has a problem because it is a state that only works for one ethnic/religious group, not all the people who happen to live there.

The reality is that Israel's days are numbered. The Jewish population is declining as they have less babies, and more of them seek to emigrate to the US or Europe. Hitler's been dead a long time now, and that excuse ain't flying anymore, even amongst themselves.

Meanwhile, the Arab population within Palestine continues to grow. The two groups are at about parity now even without the "Right of Return" for some 2 million exiles being excercised.

Spinning off Gaza and the West Bank into independent countries probably buys them some time.

But again, I ask the question- WHY IS THIS OUR PROBLEM. There are a whole lot of places in the world with ethnic groups that don't like each other, and usually we have the good sense not to get in the middle of it.

Here we've decided that, even though they will screw with our economy and the rest of the world has pretty much turned on the Zionists, gosh darn it, we are going to go right down the slide into hell with them.

Idiocy.

Quite the contrary, Israel is an Apartheid state, and it will go the way of it's former ally, South Africa, in due time.

Israel has a problem because it is a state that only works for one ethnic/religious group, not all the people who happen to live there.

The reality is that Israel's days are numbered. The Jewish population is declining as they have less babies, and more of them seek to emigrate to the US or Europe. Hitler's been dead a long time now, and that excuse ain't flying anymore, even amongst themselves.

Meanwhile, the Arab population within Palestine continues to grow. The two groups are at about parity now even without the "Right of Return" for some 2 million exiles being excercised.

Spinning off Gaza and the West Bank into independent countries probably buys them some time.

But again, I ask the question- WHY IS THIS OUR PROBLEM. There are a whole lot of places in the world with ethnic groups that don't like each other, and usually we have the good sense not to get in the middle of it.

Here we've decided that, even though they will screw with our economy and the rest of the world has pretty much turned on the Zionists, gosh darn it, we are going to go right down the slide into hell with them.

Idiocy.
Given that nothing you posted here relates or responds to the points I made, it's clear you aren't wailling or able to dicsuss the issue at hand - you'd simply rather vent your irrational disdain for Israel.

Rant on.

Oh... if you still think you can find any, I'm still waiting for examples of Israel's unprovoked use of force against her neighbors.

Last edited:
Oooho, I'm sorry, shooty-shoot. I didn't realize they failed to cover "Basic Reading Comprehension" in whatever Home-Skule you learned about Jay-a-zus in.

It's obviously a waste of time talking to you when you ignore the obvious.

Watching Israel get pushed into the sea will unfortunately no more dissaude the Sky-Pixie worshippers of their folly than Tebow losing a football game.

Oooho, I'm sorry, shooty-shoot. I didn't realize they failed to cover "Basic Reading Comprehension" in whatever Home-Skule you learned about Jay-a-zus in.

Watching Israel get pushed into the sea will unfortunately no more dissaude the Sky-Pixie worshippers of their folly than Tebow losing a football game.
Thank you for proving my point.

Oh... if you still think you can find any, I'm still waiting for examples of Israel's unprovoked use of force against her neighbors.

Thank you for proving my point.

1956 War. they probably didn't cover that in Home Skule for you, though, Cleetus...

Forum List

Back