If ICE deports illegal-alien parents with US-born kids, are they the ones "breaking up the family"?

More liberal logic.

If speeding is not a crime, why do people get tickets for it?

It's a violation . When you get a ticket are you given Miranda rights ? A lawyer ? A jury trial ?

and a violation is not a crime?

"When you get a ticket are you given Miranda rights ? A lawyer ? A jury trial ?"

If you claim the cop is wrong, and you want to push it, yes.

Most pay it and move on.

That's easy . They have to go .
The tougher scenario is when u have a legal mom and citizen baby but ilegal hubby .
Shipping dad off does break up the family , no?
The illegal-alien Dad knew that when he and mom made the babies. Why did Dad deliberately put his kids into a situation of losing their dad (breaking up the family) when he got caught?

ICE isn't breaking up the family. Dad is, by bringing babies into a situation where they will lose a parent due to the parent's actions.

Yeah . But now you've broken up the family , mom probably goes on welfare. Kid is left in a single family home which we all say is bad . How does that help anyone?
We don't help American citizens by allowing illegals to stay.
It's not our job to help non-Americans.

The illegal-alien Dad knew that when he and mom made the babies. Why did Dad deliberately put his kids into a situation of losing their dad (breaking up the family) when he got caught?
ICE isn't breaking up the family. Dad is, by bringing babies into a situation where they will lose a parent due to the parent's actions.
Yeah . But now you've broken up the family
Huh?

No, I haven't. I didn't break up anything. The kids' Dad did, remember? I suggest you address your questions to him.

Why did Dad deliberately put his kids into a situation of losing their dad (breaking up the family) when he got caught?

Being illegal may be against the law , but I don't beleive its a crime .
(sigh)
Okay, once more for those who still don't know:

1.) Walking across the border into the U.S. without a visa, is a crime.
8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien

2.) Entering the U.S. on a temporary visa, and then staying after the visa expires, is not a crime, it's an "offense".

You are an illegal alien no matter which one you do, and are subject to deportation for either one.

Happens a lot these days. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deportation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

It's the parents fault for choosing to enter illegally and dropping anchor. It's Mexico's fault for not doing anything for their own people. They use their poor and the U.S. to bring in money for their government. They encourage them to come here and send money back. Billions go back to Mexico and other countries each year.

We need to clarify the birthright clause. Only citizens and those here legally will give birth to U.S. citizens here. Illegal aliens give birth to citizens of their own country and the birth certificates should make that clear. No citizenship. That would stop the influx of illegals.

Mexico needs to get their shit together. We've already sent jobs there so they can quit coming for ours here.

I bet those parents sacrificed more to live in this country than your bitchass did Acorn.
Ill bet not.
most of us here served in the military, we have paid taxes our whole life, taxes that were used to build the schools and roads that the illegals use for free.
They sacrificed very little to come over here and use what we built while demanding we cater to them.
as far as those children? the U.S would only be breaking up the illegals family if the U.S deported the criminal parents while refusing to allow the spawn to leave. If a family is split, it is the fault of the illegal parents.
sacrifice my ass, fuck those bean eating bastards. what makes anyone think they would be willing to do anything to maintain or protect the U.S when they have already abandoned their own country when things got uncomfortable

I bet those parents sacrificed more to live in this country than your bitchass did Acorn.
Ill bet not.
most of us here served in the military, we have paid taxes our whole life, taxes that were used to build the schools and roads that the illegals use for free.
They sacrificed very little to come over here and use what we built while demanding we cater to them.
as far as those children? the U.S would only be breaking up the illegals family if the U.S deported the criminal parents while refusing to allow the spawn to leave. If a family is split, it is the fault of the illegal parents.
sacrifice my ass, fuck those bean eating bastards. what makes anyone think they would be willing to do anything to maintain or protect the U.S when they have already abandoned their own country when things got uncomfortable

157,000 Latino-Americans currently serve in the US military.

And, you've never eaten beans?

Yeah . But now you've broken up the family
Huh?

No, I haven't. I didn't break up anything. The kids' Dad did, remember? I suggest you address your questions to him.

Why did Dad deliberately put his kids into a situation of losing their dad (breaking up the family) when he got caught?

A lot of talk, but if you lived in a Central American hell hole, you'd be doing whatever you could to get your family out. Wouldn't make it legal, but don't kid yourself too much while trying to sound superior.

That's not the point.

It doesn't matter one little bit, how much they sacrificed to live in this country.

It doesn't matter one little bit, whether they just came here seeking a better life.

Doesn't mean one goddamned thing.

What DOES matter is that they snuck onto and remained upon US soil without our express prior consent.

11 to 12 MILLION of them !!!
48_48.gif

The fact that many of them also intentionally pop-out puppies after getting her, spawning Anchor Babies, to remain upon US soil, is also irrelevant.

Back you go, Pancho...

Happens a lot these days. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deportation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

Letting the parents stay would be like letting the kids of a bank robber keep the money.

The tougher scenario is when u have a legal mom and citizen baby but ilegal hubby .

That falls under the tough shit category of he should have thought about it.

Yeah . But now you've broken up the family , mom probably goes on welfare. Kid is left in a single family home which we all say is bad . How does that help anyone?

No, the one choosing to take the action that produces the situation where it occurs did so.

This thread is just dumb. If I am Nation X, and my citizens are here 1. Why would I want them back? 2. Why would I take them back? and 3. One thing for sure I would not do is let their American-born - therefore American Citizen children in. They are Americans. You can't just show up at the Paris airport and say let me and my American children in, even if mommy and daddy are French citizens.

Forum List

Back