If I win the lottery..............I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Was watching the Nightly News this evening when they showed this little gem..............

Seems that the technology to finally allow hoverbikes (yeah, sort of like the ones from Star Wars) is here. And, not only that, but the police department in Dubai plans to have officers patrolling on them by 2020.

On the news, they said that you can get one for around 170,000 dollars, and while currently there are no regulations on them (yet), the FAA is saying that they should fall under experimental aircraft. They can get up to 40 mph, and can fly for around 30 min.

Hoverbikes may soon patrol streets of Dubai as police test flying motorbikes

Lose your balance or hit something and fall off the seat.

You will be cut to pieces by the hoverbikes blades. .... :cool:

They have internal gyros to keep it flying upright like it's supposed to.

The only thing I could think of possibly hitting would be a bird, but the blades would more than likely puree the feathered little thing, but my guess is that it makes the kind of noise that birds will be wanting to avoid.

It's kind of Mall Copish, if you think about it.

You know, considering that it only has around 30 min. of flight time, yeah, it would be kinda mall copish and not good for use in patrols.

But, I've got a hunch that fire fighters would love to have something like this for rescues.

Pretty cool. Would never want to own or ride one, though. I enjoy being alive too much. lol

I once saw a YouTube video about a guy that invented and flew a home made hoverbike with basically the same design and seat position. But he was smart enough to cover each of the 4 blades with a protective steel wire screen. ... :cool:

Last edited:
I once saw a YouTube video about a that invented and flew a home made hoverbike using basically the same design, But he was smart enough to cover each of the 4 blades with a protective steel wire screen. ... :cool:

Home made hoverbikes aren't going to have the internal stabilizers that the manufactured one did. And, the home made one is gonna be not as well engineered.

Was watching the Nightly News this evening when they showed this little gem..............

Seems that the technology to finally allow hoverbikes (yeah, sort of like the ones from Star Wars) is here. And, not only that, but the police department in Dubai plans to have officers patrolling on them by 2020.

On the news, they said that you can get one for around 170,000 dollars, and while currently there are no regulations on them (yet), the FAA is saying that they should fall under experimental aircraft. They can get up to 40 mph, and can fly for around 30 min.

Na, I bought a little model that was something similar and the kids broke it in 2 days time.

I paid $80 for that toy.

I'll pass.

I
It looks like it can fly about as far as the first Wright brothers airplane.

Invest early...

I
It looks like it can fly about as far as the first Wright brothers airplane.

Invest early...

Actually, according to current specs, it can fly for 30 min with someone riding it, or it can fly for 45 min to an hour in drone (unmanned) mode with the current battery system.

Forum List

Back