If I Were Catholic.....

First, if I were Catholic with all this sex abuse and cover up going on, I probably wouldn't remain a Catholic to be honest. But if I were convinced to my soul that Catholicism were the way to go (for whatever reason), I would not give one thin dime to the organization until it had convinced me it had cleaned up its act.

Not one thin dime, Catholics. Being an advocate for children of many years' duration, I urge you to STOP ALL GIVING until they have cleaned up this massive stench of corruption.
Weren't most of the abusers in that report already dead or long gone from the priesthood? Have there been RECENT cases?
If I were Catholic, I sure wouldn't let my sons OR daughters be hanging around priests without me present. That is for sure. But as with any child sex molesters, they choose kids they know to be vulnerable, many who don't have very watchful, caring parents at home. That is how they manage to stay successful. That obviously is not just priests.

you needn't focus only on german catholics as they were embedded with mussolini,

The Holocaust had nothing to do with Mussolini and the Italian fascist. The racism of the Nazis came not from the Italian fascists - it came from the Darwinism of the English speaking world. It was a biological "theory".

catholic italy who in the photograph is signing an allegiance with the pope - christianity has never throughout its history ever not supported the tyrannical leaders during their time of reign and have always been at the forefront to persecute and victimize the innocent.

I know not a lot abot the politics of Italy in this years of history. But when in Italy had died about 60,000 Italians they had stopped all this historical nonsense. They killed Mussolini and reoriented Italy. Germany did not stop when millions and millions and millions and milions of people were dead. When in 1942 it was clear that Germany inevitably will lose this war the Nazis installed a titanic industry of death; the worst time of the Holocaust began.

Last edited:
It's more the machinations of 'evil genuis' Taz

~S~

Again: What do you see in this picture? Nowhere in the internet seems to exist a description what this picture shows, but every idiot is using it for stupid hate propaganda against Catholics.

Here two pictures of the German "bishop of the empire" (Reichsbischof) of the Nazis, not Catholics but "German Christians":

highres_30006045%20copy1.jpg

© Bildarchiv Preußischer Kulturbesitz / Heinrich Hoffmann

KIrche-Christen-udn-NS-ludwig-m%C3%BCller-1934-nordelbisches-kirchenarchiv-uz-36-4a-1.jpg

Foto: Nordelbisches Kirchenarchiv

You can see very clear the common element between this picture of "German Christians" (not Christians but a Nazi organisation) and the picture you use for hate propagada against Catholics.

Here your picture again:

28priestssalutehitler.jpg

...(1)...............(2)...............(3)...............(4)...................(5)................(6)...........(7)

Why are this people not Catholic priests? Some Reasons:

a) Person (1): no cassock
b) Person (3): wrong collar
c) Person (4): no cross
d) Person (5): wrong cassock
e) Person (3),(4),(5),(6): cross over the heart like a military order
---
=> this people are not Catholics

e) is typical for "German Christians".

The problem: Everyone has to trust only in the own abilities to find out what's right or wrong in this case - but you don't use your own abilities.

------------

Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-imposed nonage. Nonage is the inability to use one's own understanding without another's guidance. This nonage is self-imposed if its cause lies not in lack of understanding but in indecision and lack of courage to use one's own mind without another's guidance. Dare to know! (Sapere aude.) "Have the courage to use your own understanding," is therefore the motto of the enlightenment.

Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large part of mankind gladly remain minors all their lives, long after nature has freed them from external guidance. They are the reasons why it is so easy for others to set themselves up as guardians. It is so comfortable to be a minor. If I have a book that thinks for me, a pastor who acts as my conscience, a physician who prescribes my diet, and so on--then I have no need to exert myself. I have no need to think, if only I can pay; others will take care of that disagreeable business for me. Those guardians who have kindly taken supervision upon themselves see to it that the overwhelming majority of mankind--among them the entire fair sex--should consider the step to maturity, not only as hard, but as extremely dangerous. First, these guardians make their domestic cattle stupid and carefully prevent the docile creatures from taking a single step without the leading-strings to which they have fastened them. Then they show them the danger that would threaten them if they should try to walk by themselves. Now this danger is really not very great; after stumbling a few times they would, at last, learn to walk. However, examples of such failures intimidate and generally discourage all further attempts.

Thus it is very difficult for the individual to work himself out of the nonage which has become almost second nature to him. He has even grown to like it, and is at first really incapable of using his own understanding because he has never been permitted to try it. Dogmas and formulas, these mechanical tools designed for reasonable use--or rather abuse--of his natural gifts, are the fetters of an everlasting nonage. The man who casts them off would make an uncertain leap over the narrowest ditch, because he is not used to such free movement. That is why there are only a few men who walk firmly, and who have emerged from nonage by cultivating their own minds.

It is more nearly possible, however, for the public to enlighten itself; indeed, if it is only given freedom, enlightenment is almost inevitable. There will always be a few independent thinkers, even among the self-appointed guardians of the multitude. Once such men have thrown off the yoke of nonage, they will spread about them the spirit of a reasonable appreciation of man's value and of his duty to think for himself. It is especially to be noted that the public which was earlier brought under the yoke by these men afterwards forces these very guardians to remain in submission, if it is so incited by some of its guardians who are themselves incapable of any enlightenment. That shows how pernicious it is to implant prejudices: they will eventually revenge themselves upon their authors or their authors' descendants. Therefore, a public can achieve enlightenment only slowly. A revolution may bring about the end of a personal despotism or of avaricious tyrannical oppression, but never a true reform of modes of thought. New prejudices will serve, in place of the old, as guide lines for the unthinking multitude.

Immanuel Kant

-----

You can see very clear the common element between this picture of "German Christians" (not Christians but a Nazi organisation) and the picture you use for hate propagada against Catholics.

View attachment 221025 .
images

you needn't focus only on german catholics as they were embedded with mussolini, catholic italy who in the photograph is signing an allegiance with the pope - christianity has never throughout its history ever not supported the tyrannical leaders during their time of reign and have always been at the forefront to persecute and victimize the innocent.

No most were evangelicals. What does it matter , they just do as their leaders tell them. Like when Americans went into Iraq, Vietnam , NK and slaughtered many. Actually many Catholics priests were killed, and the Vatican helped jews.

No most were evangelicals. What does it matter , they just do as their leaders tell them. Like when Americans went into Iraq, Vietnam , NK and slaughtered many. Actually many Catholics priests were killed, and the Vatican helped jews.

were there such a thing as evangelicals practicing in germany during the time of hitler - certainly not in significant no.s over the predominant catholics - and no doubt who (Actually many Catholics priests were killed, and the Vatican helped jews) that represent your statement were evangelicals as well - -

what matters is why the 4th century christian bible they all advocate proves an object lesson for persecution and victimization of the innocent throughout history uninterrupted to the present day, and their unwillingness to take responsibility for their past history as you yourself have just replicated.

~S~

Again: What do you see in this picture? Nowhere in the internet seems to exist a description what this picture shows, but every idiot is using it for stupid hate propaganda against Catholics.

Here two pictures of the German "bishop of the empire" (Reichsbischof) of the Nazis, not Catholics but "German Christians":

KIrche-Christen-udn-NS-ludwig-m%C3%BCller-1934-nordelbisches-kirchenarchiv-uz-36-4a-1.jpg

Here your picture again:

...(1)...............(2)...............(3)...............(4)...................(5)................(6)...........(7)

---

The problem: Everyone has to trust only in the own abilities to find out what's right or wrong in this case - but you don't use your own abilities.

------------

Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-imposed nonage. Nonage is the inability to use one's own understanding without another's guidance. This nonage is self-imposed if its cause lies not in lack of understanding but in indecision and lack of courage to use one's own mind without another's guidance. Dare to know! (Sapere aude.) "Have the courage to use your own understanding," is therefore the motto of the enlightenment.

Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large part of mankind gladly remain minors all their lives, long after nature has freed them from external guidance. They are the reasons why it is so easy for others to set themselves up as guardians. It is so comfortable to be a minor. If I have a book that thinks for me, a pastor who acts as my conscience, a physician who prescribes my diet, and so on--then I have no need to exert myself. I have no need to think, if only I can pay; others will take care of that disagreeable business for me. Those guardians who have kindly taken supervision upon themselves see to it that the overwhelming majority of mankind--among them the entire fair sex--should consider the step to maturity, not only as hard, but as extremely dangerous. First, these guardians make their domestic cattle stupid and carefully prevent the docile creatures from taking a single step without the leading-strings to which they have fastened them. Then they show them the danger that would threaten them if they should try to walk by themselves. Now this danger is really not very great; after stumbling a few times they would, at last, learn to walk. However, examples of such failures intimidate and generally discourage all further attempts.

Thus it is very difficult for the individual to work himself out of the nonage which has become almost second nature to him. He has even grown to like it, and is at first really incapable of using his own understanding because he has never been permitted to try it. Dogmas and formulas, these mechanical tools designed for reasonable use--or rather abuse--of his natural gifts, are the fetters of an everlasting nonage. The man who casts them off would make an uncertain leap over the narrowest ditch, because he is not used to such free movement. That is why there are only a few men who walk firmly, and who have emerged from nonage by cultivating their own minds.

It is more nearly possible, however, for the public to enlighten itself; indeed, if it is only given freedom, enlightenment is almost inevitable. There will always be a few independent thinkers, even among the self-appointed guardians of the multitude. Once such men have thrown off the yoke of nonage, they will spread about them the spirit of a reasonable appreciation of man's value and of his duty to think for himself. It is especially to be noted that the public which was earlier brought under the yoke by these men afterwards forces these very guardians to remain in submission, if it is so incited by some of its guardians who are themselves incapable of any enlightenment. That shows how pernicious it is to implant prejudices: they will eventually revenge themselves upon their authors or their authors' descendants. Therefore, a public can achieve enlightenment only slowly. A revolution may bring about the end of a personal despotism or of avaricious tyrannical oppression, but never a true reform of modes of thought. New prejudices will serve, in place of the old, as guide lines for the unthinking multitude.

Immanuel Kant

-----

View attachment 221025 .
images

you needn't focus only on german catholics as they were embedded with mussolini, catholic italy who in the photograph is signing an allegiance with the pope - christianity has never throughout its history ever not supported the tyrannical leaders during their time of reign and have always been at the forefront to persecute and victimize the innocent.

were there such a thing as evangelicals practicing in germany during the time of hitler - certainly not in significant no.s over the predominant catholics - and no doubt who (Actually many Catholics priests were killed, and the Vatican helped jews) that represent your statement were evangelicals as well - -

what matters is why the 4th century christian bible they all advocate proves an object lesson for persecution and victimization of the innocent throughout history uninterrupted to the present day, and their unwillingness to take responsibility for their past history as you yourself have just replicated.

German Evangelical Church - Wikipedia

First, if I were Catholic with all this sex abuse and cover up going on, I probably wouldn't remain a Catholic to be honest. But if I were convinced to my soul that Catholicism were the way to go (for whatever reason), I would not give one thin dime to the organization until it had convinced me it had cleaned up its act.

Not one thin dime, Catholics. Being an advocate for children of many years' duration, I urge you to STOP ALL GIVING until they have cleaned up this massive stench of corruption.
Weren't most of the abusers in that report already dead or long gone from the priesthood? Have there been RECENT cases?
If I were Catholic, I sure wouldn't let my sons OR daughters be hanging around priests without me present. That is for sure.

Depends how to see it. If I am right then every married man ist 25-36 times more dangerous than any priest of the Catholic church. But I did still not think about the last results of the government of Pennsylvania and the last results which were made in the name of the German bishops. Both are from the end of the year 2018. I miss in both contextes concrete informations which anyone is able to evaluate. Specially in Germany it makes not a big sense to speak about the years 1945-1965, because for nearly all children was Germany a hell in this years of history - specially for the children in the overcrowded orphanages and borstals. This means not that not many Christians - and practically only Christians - made a damned good work in this years too.

But as with any child sex molesters, they choose kids they know to be vulnerable, many who don't have very watchful, caring parents at home. That is how they manage to stay successful. That obviously is not just priests.

Last edited:

you needn't focus only on german catholics as they were embedded with mussolini,

The Holocaust had nothing to do with Mussolini and the Italian fascist. The racism of the Nazis came not from the Italian fascsist - it came from the Darwinism of the English speaking world. It was a biological "theory".

catholic italy who in the photograph is signing an allegiance with the pope - christianity has never throughout its history ever not supported the tyrannical leaders during their time of reign and have always been at the forefront to persecute and victimize the innocent.

I know not a lot abot the politics of Italy in this years of history. But when in Italy had died about 60,000 Italians they had stopped all this historical nonsense. They killed Mussolini and reoriented Italy. Germany did not stop when millions and millions and millions and milions of people were dead. When in 1942 it was clear that Germany inevitably will lose this war the Nazis installed a titanic industry of death; the worst time of the Holocaust began.
The Holocaust had nothing to do with Mussolini and the Italian fascist. The racism of the Nazis came not from the Italian fascsist - it came from the Darwinism of the English speaking world. It was a biological "theory".

that is sortof true of italy and perhaps the holocaust ... when it became obvious they were going to lose. hitler's thoughts of mussolini's fate was a decisive motivation for his selfish suicide.

it came from the Darwinism of the English speaking world. It was a biological "theory" ...

and of course during that time the above was not thought embed in your 4th century christian bible as its reference.

I know not a lot abot the politics of Italy in this years of history. But when in Italy had died about 60,000 Italians they had stopped all this historical nonsense. They killed Mussolini and reoriented Italy. Germany did not stop when millions and millions and millions and milions of people were dead. When in 1942 it was clear that Germany inevitably will lose this war the Nazis installed a titanic industry of death, the worst time of the Holocaust began.
10/4 - well, maybe they were the rudiments of 21st century evangelicals ...

~S~

Here your picture again:

---

------------

Immanuel Kant

-----

View attachment 221025 .
images

were there such a thing as evangelicals practicing in germany during the time of hitler - certainly not in significant no.s over the predominant catholics

Good grief. Predominant Catholics? In Germany? When? Under the Prussian emperors over Germany the Prusssians made a so called "culture fight" against the Catholics of Germany. No lie was bad enough for them. Example: If you take a look at a map and you compare the areas where the Catholic inqusition was strong, then you will see that nearly never in such areas witches were burned. And it were also not millions of witches who were burned in Europe - it were "only" thousands. And this did also in very most cases not happen in the Middle Ages - it had happend in more modern times after Christopher Columbus. Catholics (not Clerics in most cases) burned about 50% men and 50% women. Protestants burned in 90% women (witches). So the clichee "Clerics burned millions of witches" is just simple a cliche of the Protestants and their perverted sexual nonsense, which lost the natural contact to lovely sexuality.

Oh by the way. To believe in witches was in the Middle Ages only seen as a prejudice. The normal answer in this time of history was: "Do not believe in witches. Witches do not exist.".

- and no doubt who (Actually many Catholics priests were killed, and the Vatican helped jews) that represent your statement were evangelicals as well - -

I don't have any idea what you are speaking about here. You seem to think what you say has something to do with the history of the Catholic Church and Germany under Hitler - but I'm not able to find out what it is. In general had the Nazis nothing to do with the Christian religion - not with Catholics and not with Evangelicals. Simple fact: Nearly never leading Nazis or members of the SS married in a Christian church.

Last edited:
... that is sortof true of italy and perhaps the holocaust ... when it became obvious they were going to lose. hitler's thoughts of mussolini's fate was a decisive motivation for his selfish suicide.

Hitlers suicide was his way to win. It seems the philosophy of Nietzsche has to do with this suicide. I read once a very interesting article about.

For a Christian it would by the way not make any sense to do suicide.

it came from the Darwinism of the English speaking world. It was a biological "theory" ...
and of course during that time the above was not thought embed in your 4th century christian bible as its reference.

It's bullshit what you say. When Hitler came Jews had since more than 50 years everywhere in Germany the same rights as all other Germans. Because only 0.5% (1:200) of all Germans were Jews nearly no one knew Jews. Jews were not a big theme in Germany before Hitler propagated Antisemitism on biological reasons. Most people for example think the Nazis tried to erase all Jews - including women, children and babies - because they saw in themselve a superior race who tried to eliminate the minor race Jews. Even most Jews think so. But Heinrich Himmler saw in Jews a superior race too. And lots of people think for example the so called "Reichskristallnacht" was a pogrom made form Germans against Jews. But it was a military action and not a riot. SA-soldiers of the NSDAP followed detailed plans.The "Kristallnacht" in the brains was made afterwards from the Nazis and is today still dangerous.

Last edited:
Google "child molesters in the __________ church (or religion)". Fill in the blank before hitting the search button. More literature than you can read in one sitting will pop up. That includes rabbis. This attack on the Catholic Church is nothing more that part of the Jewish media's long-term war against its historical nemesis in the West. I've been a Catholic all my life and nobody ever molested me or anyone I know.

Google "child molesters in the __________ church (or religion)". Fill in the blank before hitting the search button. More literature than you can read in one sitting will pop up. That includes rabbis. This attack on the Catholic Church is nothing more that part of the Jewish media's long-term war against its historical nemesis in the West. I've been a Catholic all my life and nobody ever molested me or anyone I know.

To be an Antisemite and to be a Catholic excludes each other.

There are so many problems with Catholicism. Since its start, it has been a mixture of paganism and Christianity.

My mom is Catholic, so I was kind of raised going to Catholic Church. And during all that time, no one ever told me about my need for salvation, or about God, or about reading the Bible. It was just go to church, stand up, sit down, then the rest of the week act like everyone else. Just religion. So I rejected all of it, unfortunately throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Thankfully, after many years of being completely unreligious, God found me and I became a believer, but never went back to the Catholic Church.

The pedophilia stuff going on is bad "fruit" that comes when the tree is not good. Jesus talked about that. (Matthew 7:16-18)

And I don't mean to offend anyone here. :2cents:

Last edited:
There are so many problems with Catholicism. Since its start, it has been a mixture of paganism and Christianity.

My mom is Catholic, so I was kind of raised going to Catholic Church. And during all that time, no one ever told me about my need for salvation, or about God, or about reading the Bible. It was just go to church, stand up, sit down, then the rest of the week act like everyone else. Just religion. So I rejected all of it, unfortunately throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Thankfully, after many years of being completely unreligious, God found me and I became a believer, but never went back to the Catholic Church.

The pedophilia stuff going on is bad "fruit" that comes when the tree is not good. Jesus talked about that. (Matthew 7:16-18)

Your mother was not a Catholic. You never was a member of the holy catholic church. Why do you say such a bullshit about Catholics? And why do you say such a flat nonsense about the Christian faith at all? And sure Catholics had allways good relations with pagans. Why not? There's no need to take out the names of the nordic gods out of the names of the days of the Jewish week.

Last edited:

Your mother was not a Catholic. You never was a member of the holy catholic church. Why do you say such a bullshit about Catzsoc? And why do you say such flat nonsense about the christian faith at all? And sure Catholicvs had allways good realtsn with pagans. Why not? There's no need to take out the name of the nordic gods out of the names of the days of the Jewish week.

Are you accusing me of lying? My mom was and still is Catholic. As are many of my relatives. And I went through pretty much all of it, first communion, confirmation, etc.

What nonsense did I say about the Christian faith? I am a Christian, I've even served on the mission field, and did a bible school through my missions organization. If you think anything I said was nonsense, be specific.

Your mother was not a Catholic. You never was a member of the holy catholic church. Why do you say such a bullshit about Catzsoc? And why do you say such flat nonsense about the christian faith at all? And sure Catholicvs had allways good realtsn with pagans. Why not? There's no need to take out the name of the nordic gods out of the names of the days of the Jewish week.

Are you accusing me of lying? My mom was and still is Catholic. As are many of my relatives. And I went through pretty much all of it, first communion, confirmation, etc.

Fortunatelly I'm a German without any form of humor - I heard to have to laugh a lot is painful.

What nonsense did I say about the Christian faith?

You don't need salvation for example. You are saved. You deny your salvation. That's another problem.

I am a Christian,

You are a man who denies his mother or calls his mother an idiot.

I've even served on the mission field, and did a bible school through my missions organization. If you think anything I said was nonsense, be specific.

We Orthodox and Catholics made the bible, idiot. But we existed also before we made the bible. The bible is not a god - it's an instrument. I doubt about that you are able to fly with.

Fortunatelly I'm a German without any form of humor - I heard to have to laugh a lot is painful.

You don't need salvation for example. You are saved. You deny your salvation. That's another problem.

I am a Christian,

I've even served on the mission field, and did a bible school through my missions organization. If you think anything I said was nonsense, be specific.

We Orthodox and Catholics made the bible, idiot. But we existed also before we made the bible. The bible is not a god - it's an instrument. I doubt about that you are able to fly with.

OK, I’m not going to waste my time with you. Not only are you wrong about the very basics of Christianity, but you are rude and arrogant. More of that bad fruit, evidently.

I am a Christian,

OK, I’m not going to waste my time with you.

Therapy-resistant

Not only are you wrong about the very basics of Christianity,

Do you hear god laughing now?

but you are rude and arrogant. More of that bad fruit, evidently.

Try to eat me like a fruit and you will find biting teeth. You are a shame for everyone in the world who loves the own mother, "Christian".

Last edited:

I am a Christian,

The Bible was compiled before the Catholic Church as we know it today existed, and the apostles would never have approved of the things Catholics have loaded on top of the Gospel. The Gospel is all about freedom in Christ, and the Jewish apostles refused to saddle Gentile believers with the Jewish law, because they themselves could not keep it. Now the Catholic Church has taken that wonderful, simple, freeing Gospel and stripped the power out of it, loaded on a bunch of human worship in place of Christ worship, and replaced a loving relationship with a loving God with confession to a fallible human and rote recitation of a few phrases.

I am a Christian,

Therapy-resistant

Try to eat me like a fruit and you will find biting teeth. You are a shame for everyone in the world who loves the own mother, "Christian".

It’s puzzling how you haven’t had success persuading people to Catholicism

I am a Christian,

The Bible was compiled before the Catholic Church as we know it today existed,

So what? The "English form of 'logic'" (= If A is true then B is true, if A is not true then B is true too) has not any contact to this what I call "the logic of time". The structure of the holy catholic church is "Rome", that's why a renaissance, enligthenment and the USA was possible. But the religious structure is full of lies in the USA and truth within the thousands of churches of the USA exists only in homeopathic doses - while the views on history in the USA seem often not to have to do anything with real history at all.

and the apostles would never have approved of the things Catholics have loaded on top of the Gospel.

Nonsense. Without "the church" - there's only one church because there's only one god and one truth - you would not even know what a gospel is. And indeed the world would not even know what natural science is. Nearly nothing in your and my world is understandable without the church. The US-president for example is elected from electors. The same system is used from the holy catholic church to elect the pope.

The Gospel is all about freedom in Christ,

The gospel is about the gospel. And sure have things like individuality and freedom their root in the rebound in god. When the Jews left the slavery of death in Egypt they broke slavery at all. But this means not the English speaking world often was and often is a very bad example in everything what has to do with freedom too. Not everything is a business. Sometims business is only a form of slavery. Gestational surrogacy is for example nothing else than trafficking in human beings. A sophisticated form of slave trade and the degrading of poor female human beings to a birth machine.

and the Jewish apostles refused to saddle Gentile believers with the Jewish law, because they themselves could not keep it.

What a nonsense. In the first council of the apostles in Jerusalem Peter - the first pope - decided to agree with the idea of Paulus to open the religion for the Greeks (=for everyone, because the greek language was the lingua franka of this time in this area of the wordl). I'm sure the Holy Ghost was with them, when they tried to find out what's the will of god.

Now the Catholic Church has taken that wonderful, simple, freeing Gospel and stripped the power out of it, loaded on a bunch of human worship in place of Christ worship, and replaced a loving relationship with a loving God with confession to a fallible human and rote recitation of a few phrases.

Anticatholicism - a totally normal attitude in the English speaking world - makes no one to a Christian. What you don't understand is: Your hate kills you. The USA is the land of the powder religions and faith seems often only to be a cosmetical gossipmongering.

Last edited:

I am a Christian,

Therapy-resistant

It’s puzzling how you haven’t had success persuading people to Catholicism

"Success persuading people to Catholicism" is not important for a Catholic. I remember in this context someone who studied 20 years Catholicism and Catholics before he became a Catholic. A Saint in my eyes. What for heaven sake I'm able to tell such a person?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back