If I were a Democrat, I would think Gingrich used dog whistle language

133879.gif

Sweetheart, you ARE a Democrat....:lmao: That's why Romney appeals to you. :lmao:

Newt kind of lost me, when he started the whole colonizing the MOON thing, by the end of his 2nd TERM!!! lol A little grandiosity, there?!?!?! I have seen it in him before, but even if he thought hecould pull that off, the timing of his pandering to the FL. audience was dumb, in this downtrodden economy.

I liked Romneys repsonse to it and the subsequent attention, he has given it. So, as of this post, and unless someone dynamic, enters the race, and even though Santorum impressed me that night, I have to give it to the original free healthcare for all, in MA, guy, and vote for him.

I will vote for whomever wins. It's actually me voting against Obama and hoping that Romney has listened to the people and what they care about and through his experience help restore prosperity to our country. He has also been a governor and balanced a budget and dealt with real crooked politicians, and less crooked politicians.

( Okay....you're a Blue Dog Dem? ) :lol: :lol: Just as long as you vote RED, you are "good to go, with me." ) ( I know how much that matters to you...:lol: )

A couple things. I've given Amelia a hard time, but I think she is very sincere in her beliefs that she's a Republican and for reasons that defy logic, she's convinced herself that Romney's a conservative.

Second thing, I thought the Moon Colony was a bit over the top in the pandering department. He's trying to appeal to the Space Industry down there, obviously. But the thing that strikes me as sad is, why don't we have a moon colony RIGHT NOW? I mean I grew up during the Apollo Era and reading science fiction stories and watching the Original Star Trek, and the whole notion of space exploration to me was exciting and new.

And today we have to hitch rides with the Russians to get to the space station because we don't have anything resembling a manned space program. It's almost like a stark symbol of our decline as a nation, and honestly, it's kind of depressing.

I have disliked Gingrich since the 1990's and I have been against the death penalty for some time now because of what I perceive as flaws in how it is dealt out. I only learned about Todd Willingham because Rick Perry was running for president but I would have been alarmed by the case before that if I had heard about it. I would prefer not to think about Gingrich at all because of how much I dislike him, but his presence in this race is forcing me to think about him.

The reason you are accusing me of inventing reasons not to like Gingrich is because (a) you don't believe what I have said over and over or (b) you need to do so because you need to find some reason to discount my support for Romney.

Since I think you actually do believe my statements about myself most of the time, I'll go with (b).

I think the self-delusion the Romney supporters go through is pretty thorough, to be honest. You convince yourself he's electable even though he's lost 75% of the elections he's ever run in. You talk about what a great businessman he was, but 40% of the places he invested in filed for bankruptcy. So do you really believe that Romney's a great guy? Yup, you probably do. Are you basing that on anything objective? Probably not.

I, on the other hand, am objective. Initially I thought Perry might be the guy. When it was clear he wasn't, I stopped supporting him. I gave Cain a fair look, but it was obvious he wasn't the guy long before his mistresses started coming out of the closet. Newt's got baggage, and he won't be the nominee, which is a damned shame, because none of those have to do anything with his actual ability to run the country.

:rofl:

you are clearly way ahead of the pack when it comes to self delusion

kudos

If I were a Democrat I would probably be one of those who thought Gingrich was racist or was at least using dog whistle language to try to excite some sort of visceral racial/"other" feeling in the Republican base.

Since I'm a Republican, I don't have as much of an urge to analyze him. I'd prefer not to have to think of him at all. I just don't care about Gingrich so long as he is not my party's candidate for president.

For a few days there after his South Carolina win, it looked like I was going to have to pay attention to Gingrich again. Enough attention to make a list of pros and cons about him to compare seriously to a list of pros and cons about Obama staying in office.

If Gingrich pulls out a Florida win, then I'll be back to having to think about that list.

In the end, Newt will probably win out on that list but (a) I don't think he can win the general election and (b) I can't defend his choice of language. His language is a huge turn off for me, easily as much of a turn off as Obama's divisive and condescending language is.

Obama's bitter clinger comment, taken in context, is no worse than the way Newt talks.

Gee, "Gingrich's language is a huge turnoff" to a (fake?) republican? Maybe it's all those pesky three syllable words.

Newt has been a figure of dislike for me since the late 1980s: he is even more narcissistic than JoeB or bigrebnc1775. But not koshergirl. :lol:

Sweetheart, you ARE a Democrat....:lmao: That's why Romney appeals to you. :lmao:

Newt kind of lost me, when he started the whole colonizing the MOON thing, by the end of his 2nd TERM!!! lol A little grandiosity, there?!?!?! I have seen it in him before, but even if he thought hecould pull that off, the timing of his pandering to the FL. audience was dumb, in this downtrodden economy.

I liked Romneys repsonse to it and the subsequent attention, he has given it. So, as of this post, and unless someone dynamic, enters the race, and even though Santorum impressed me that night, I have to give it to the original free healthcare for all, in MA, guy, and vote for him.

I will vote for whomever wins. It's actually me voting against Obama and hoping that Romney has listened to the people and what they care about and through his experience help restore prosperity to our country. He has also been a governor and balanced a budget and dealt with real crooked politicians, and less crooked politicians.

( Okay....you're a Blue Dog Dem? ) :lol: :lol: Just as long as you vote RED, you are "good to go, with me." ) ( I know how much that matters to you...:lol: )

A couple things. I've given Amelia a hard time, but I think she is very sincere in her beliefs that she's a Republican and for reasons that defy logic, she's convinced herself that Romney's a conservative.

Second thing, I thought the Moon Colony was a bit over the top in the pandering department. He's trying to appeal to the Space Industry down there, obviously. But the thing that strikes me as sad is, why don't we have a moon colony RIGHT NOW? I mean I grew up during the Apollo Era and reading science fiction stories and watching the Original Star Trek, and the whole notion of space exploration to me was exciting and new.

And today we have to hitch rides with the Russians to get to the space station because we don't have anything resembling a manned space program. It's almost like a stark symbol of our decline as a nation, and honestly, it's kind of depressing.

You have a prob w/ the private sector? :eusa_eh: And you call yourself a conservative :eusa_liar:

Small correction: I don't believe that Mitt is "a conservative". That's not a label I need him to have. I think he has the skill set I want my next president to possess. I think he's moderate in many ways that I like people to be moderate in.

I used to call myself a rightwing extremist, back when Napolitano was calling me and my friends potential terrorists, but some of these folks on the boards really do make me feel like a RINO and I've come to terms with that. :rolleyes:

( :

You have a prob w/ the private sector? :eusa_eh: And you call yourself a conservative :eusa_liar:

I see the private sector for what it is. It will do things if there is a profit to be made. Which in many cases, is just fine.

Not sure if Space exploration is one of those things. Most of the great explorations were in history were commissioned by government, from Columbus to Armstrong.

There are things government should be doing. Where the Democrats go wrong (and sometimes republicans) is that they see the jobs produced by a project as the end-all, not whatever the goal was to start with. It's Keynesian thinking on steroids.

Forum List

Back