If i start a small business

Hire one employee and the Workers' Collective of Noodles Restaurant will declare you an EVUL Capitalist.

How successful would I have to make it until I'm one of those evil businesses?

When you start looking at your first Bentley and a chauffer to drive it and you fire enough of your employees to cover the cost.

As long as you are deemed in the top 5% income earners and you are still paying your clerical employee a clerical market rate salary....you are an evil person.

That is pretty much the gist of what I am getting from those on the left.

Terrific point...

there is no absolute for rich, or for poor....

The left uses the term 'the poor,' like a red flag to rile up the clueless.

And as a target for 'the rich.'

Hope you are one of those evil 'rich'...

BTW, Irving Kristol may have beaten you to the concept....

"Where is the explanation of what would be a ‘fair share’ for the wealthy to give up? Irving Kristol, as editor of ‘Public Interest,’ wrote to professors who had written about the unfairness of income distribution, asking them to write an article as to what a ‘fair distribution’ would be; he has never gotten that article."
Irving Kristol, “Neoconservative: the Autobiography of an Idea,” p. 166

When you are able to enjoy the fruits of your labor

As long as one has something that someone else would like to have, one can be declared EVUL Rich by said someone.

When you start looking at your first Bentley and a chauffer to drive it and you fire enough of your employees to cover the cost.

Typical left wing rhetoric.

Better said this way....

When you review your fianncials and you see that progress and technology allows you to cut back on operating expenses so you can maintain or increase your lifestyle...which is why you went into your own business to begin with.....then you become evil in the eyes of the jealous.

No business owner lays off people knowing it will kill the business just so they can buy a Bentley that they will no longer be able to afford becuase they laid off empoloyees and business died.

Tyical left wing talking points rhetoric.

I don't know what the magic number is but I've built up two and sold them and am currently working on my third. I will tell that some of your "friends" start showing different colors when you become successful and there's usually only a few people at the finish line to congratulate you.

Better said this way....

When you review your fianncials and you see that progress and technology allows you to cut back on operating expenses so you can maintain or increase your lifestyle...which is why you went into your own business to begin with.....then you become evil in the eyes of the jealous.

No business owner lays off people knowing it will kill the business just so they can buy a Bentley that they will no longer be able to afford becuase they laid off empoloyees and business died.

Hey, I've seen it first hand. Except it wasn't a Bentley with a driver it was a Porsche 911.

Better said this way....

Hey, I've seen it first hand. Except it wasn't a Bentley with a driver it was a Porsche 911.

Question for you......

A man starts a company...it grows....and becomes a successful company employing 100 people. His receptionist started at 10 an hour and over the years she is raised to 20 an hour....he then invests in a new phone system to keep up with technology...and this phone system offers voicemail for all employees...with direct lines to each employee as such is preferred by the client base and more attractive to new cleints.
He now has his receptionist doing infinitely less for the same 20 an hour. He can fire the file clerk and give her that job if she wants....but the file clerk only makes and is worth 10 an hour.....so instead he keeps her as the receptionist and she is now doing 1/3 the work and still making 20 an hour.
Business dies due to a recession...he is taking less home, but his success has allowed him to maintain his lifestyle. Further review of his financials shows that his operating expenses are way too high for him to sustain his existing life style and he needs to cut back or possibly not be able to meet his personal needs.
He looks at his recptionuist who is doing a 10 an hour job for 20 an hour...and is sitting around doing nothing most of the day.
What should he do?

Your answer? Likely suck it up, lower his standard of living and let the receptionist keep her job and standard of living....even though she is overpaid.

My answer?

The receptionist should have continued her education and open doors to herself so that her value to the marketplace increased....as if ones skills stagnate it is just a matter of time before they price themselves out of the market.

Last edited:
You already crossed over to evil when you contemplated starting a greedy business on the back of the common working man. You can't re-cork that bottle, sorry...

You already crossed over to evil when you contemplated starting a greedy business on the back of the common working man. You can't re-cork that bottle, sorry...

Yeah...

Probably best not to start and business and allow the common working man to....uh.....have no place to work.

Yeah...

Probably best not to start and business and allow the common working man to....uh.....have no place to work.

Yes, all jobs are created by oppressors motivated by money. The common working man does not work for money, they are not interested in money. They get that from the government.

Avatar, honey, you're a conservative, which means it's a conservative-owned business, which means it's evil from the outset.

How poor does one have to be to be considered the scum of the earth by the right wing is a better question imho....

Oh, yeah, THAT'S the way wealth and profit work. :cuckoo:

Yeah....I am sure someone fires an employee to buy a Bentley to then lose the Bentley becuase he doesnt have the employees to maintain his success.

Happens all the time.

How poor does one have to be to be considered the scum of the earth by the right wing is a better question imho....

Sad talking point and I am surpirsed it came from you.

The arrogantly see all those that make less than them as the scum of the earth.....not just the poor.

Most of the sucessful are not arrogant.

Forum List

Back