If I Shake my Fist at the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a God that has his hand in human life, I am greatly disappointed. Our bodies are susceptible to time and decay. Our children are susceptible to the decisions of our corrupted adults. Our adults are corrupted. Life is in great part what you personally choose to focus on.

When I think of things like the sun and the Ocean, like my Daughter, my wife..........sex, the beach - I think: "well done, if there's someone up somewhere to receive this compliment."

When I think of things like the partisan spite and hatred on message boards, like needless water shortages, wars, death, destruction, fossil fuels when cleaner are available if we could only work TOGETHER as a species, and drop being spiddling nationalists........etc....... - I think: "If anyone is up there, poor job homey."

GT, you identify the problems caused by man, and you identified the solution, resolved my man. Then you blame God for it.
If instead of giving us free will, He could have mapped out every step we take, and we would curse Him every morning for not letting us go where we want.
Every good gift is from God. Man doing evil is Satan's pleasure.

Like taunting God with a fist in the air and demanding He kill, or else. That's what Satan likes to see, and would have loved it if God had performed in the manner He was told to by Joe.

Joe, just as your parents loved you enough not to kill you when you pissed them off, your Father in Heaven loves you more. He's used to our screw ups, our arrogance, our IQ.

You are His little lamb. No Shepherd would kill His lamb for following the refection of green grass into the still water and nearly drowning. He'd save that lamb. Because He is merciful unto our iniquities. Your still beating heart is proof of that.

You eliminated Him, because He loved you enough not to function based on your lack of understanding. To which I say, "way to go homey!", cause He could have, and didn't. And I'm glad. :clap2:

I don't believe in what you've said here, but thanks for taking the time out good sir.

lol. I'm a good girl! :eusa_angel:

If the Lord is our shepherd, then we are His lambs. With no defense system, nearly blind, and dumb as a rock, it's good for lambs to have a shepherd, with a rod and a staff to keep our enemy at bay. To make his lambs lay down in green pastures instead of letting them gorge themselves to death. To rub oil on their faces to heal any tears in their lips, and removes any thorns. A good shepherd would give his life for His lambs. He'd leave the 99 to find the one that's lost, and carry him home, resting on the shepherd's shoulders. No judgement, no punishment just joy that he's no longer lost. :eusa_angel:

You thanked the right one for the ocean, a daughter, and sex. Accuse the right one for the woes of the earth. Eden was God's idea, sorrow was Satan's. Christ is coming back and with Him, Eden.

Joe, know what God told Elijah when Elijah asked God for the same thing you asked for? "No. You still have work to do......."
Smart Father, that God of ours. :)

If there is more to this life after death and, ass-u-me-ing we end up on the same side of the fence when we get there, I'd like to buy The Irish Ram whatever passes for a beer. :beer:

You ROCK, Kiddo! :rock:

Look me up if we're both wrong, eh?

If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

:eusa_think:

No--because God may not be paying you any attention!!

If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

Well, it would either mean you're stark-raving mad for talking to "Someone" that isn't there.
Or you're actually a Believer that knows there IS

:eusa_angel:

I recall an episode of a BBC special called the " World at war", narrated by Sir Olivier in the early 70's. One episode, about the holocaust, Rabbis put god on trial in a concentration camp, and found that GOD didn't exist. Then these same Rabbis called for everyone to pray and called for services next day. My father was in the war, and, he knew all this stuff about death camps and the horrors of war. But he still wanted his children to pray and go to church like good Christians. How Ironic.

Well, it would either mean you're stark-raving mad for talking to "Someone" that isn't there.

If a believer "knows" then is he/she really a believer?

No--because God may not be paying you any attention!!

If that's the case it's His fucking loss.
I ROCK! :rock:

I'm truly surprised that it took 5 pages to get called on THAT little conundrum.

2 gold stars and a cookie for horty :thup:

I recall an episode of a BBC special called the " World at war", narrated by Sir Olivier in the early 70's. One episode, about the holocaust, Rabbis put god on trial in a concentration camp, and found that GOD didn't exist. Then these same Rabbis called for everyone to pray and called for services next day. My father was in the war, and, he knew all this stuff about death camps and the horrors of war. But he still wanted his children to pray and go to church like good Christians. How Ironic.

BBC ran a fake story about someone denying God during the Holocaust? Why am I not surprised?

I'm truly surprised that it took 5 pages to get called on THAT little conundrum.

2 gold stars and a cookie for horty :thup:

You never asked me what you proved, did you?

Technically speaking, none of us know anything other than we think, therefore we exist. Beyond that it all boils down to life experiences, data gathering, conclusions, assumptions, beliefs, and faith.

Paul said faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. I think one obvious conclusion we can draw from that statement is being "sure" and "certain" is not the equivalent of knowing for an absolute fact.

Last edited:
1. Please explain as succinctly as possible what personal event you would require, in order to believe beyond any doubt, that a Creator exists.
2. Keep it as realistic as possible. In other words, demanding a million people assemble together with you and you all witness the same event, will be taken as "I don't want to believe, and nothing will convince me, period." Keep your demands personal. What would you have to experience personally?

Proof.

Hell, technically I wouldn't even need 'proof'. If I saw enough evidence that I could make a rational decision for God, I would in a minute
Ah, but you didn't answer the question my friend. What constitutes proof? What would be evidence enough?

No Ram. God doesn't exist to me because He's failed to prove otherwise.
Think deep on this. I don't want to offend you but do you see the assumptions that are built in to this statement?

1. God (if He exists) is a failure because He hasn't yet revealed Himself to AVG-JOE.
2. God is required to have revealed Himself to AVG-JOE by now.

Technically speaking, none of us know anything other than we think, therefore we exist. Beyond that it all boils down to life experiences, data gathering, conclusions, assumptions, beliefs, and faith.

Paul said faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. I think one obvious conclusion we can draw from that statement is being "sure" and "certain" is not the equivalent of knowing for an absolute fact.

True dat!! Faith has little to do with truth and nothing to do with proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back