If I Didn't Know Better Obama Sounds Like He's Defending Jihad

The goal may be a tenet of faith, but most people in democracies, Muslims included, are not tied to the tenets of their faith in the way you are proposing they are.

Islam has coexisted alongside other religions for ages. Not always peacefully, but not always at war.

If it weren't for the ACLU and other groups of citizens, Christians in America would do quite a few things that would alarm and maybe hurt you.

From the outside, there is only a small degree of differences between the three Abrahamic (sp?) religions.

Right now, Islamic fundamentalists and extremists are distorting their faith. In the USA we see that with Christians and the guns, god, and gay issues. The scale of violence is different, but we live in a nation of laws where there are other avenues of expression for people who would otherwise strap on bomb vests.
We Christians, Jews and others are not very different than Muslims. We just have a history of living longer in societies with different degrees of 'progress'

now, let's burn the witch!

:lol:

Wow.... seriously?

You really are a twisted dumbass. Your mom must be so proud.

my mom? who is introducing family into a thread?

Does your family tree have maggots?

please try and keep up with the adults if you're going to try your hand at conversing with them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aN2B7kRdNk&feature=related

Yesterday in India Obama was asked a simple question. What do you think about Jihad?

You do know what George W. Bush said about jihad, don't you?

:lol::lol::lol:
somebody please tell Infidelly

It's about what American leaders say about Islam and jihad.

No.... you are just obsessed with Bush and just cant help yourself.
Obama said what he said all by himself, no teleprompter to blame this time... He is a stupid asshat and you know it.
Get your face out of his lap long enough for a fresh breath of air and maybe you might have a chance at sanity.

You do know what George W. Bush said about jihad, don't you?

:lol::lol::lol:

Obama said what he said all by himself, no teleprompter to blame this time... He is a stupid asshat and you know it.
Get your face out of his lap long enough for a fresh breath of air and maybe you might have a chance at sanity.

I don't care about W. I like the guy like I like Obama. I voted for neither of them.

imagine that?

and yes, I have defended Bush when it was warranted. But him being like a slow kid on the block, it's not always a good site.

Sharia Law Front? Is that anything like Christian proselytizing? I very much doubt there exists a secret 'plan' to advance Sharia Law in democratic countries that have Islamic populations.

This sounds more like Bill O'Reilly's discovery of the secret War on Christmas

Christian proselytizing is by persuasion, just say no if you are not interested. Just put up a no soliciting sign, if you don't want to be bothered. I promise they won't blow you up or kidnap your family if you disappoint or offend them.

They don't do Slavery any more either. So there is no comparison there. We like chocolate. Muslims like chocolate. Islam does promote the expansion of Islam and Sharia Law throughout the world, it is an end goal. Most Muslims will freely admit that, without the need for torture. By any mean's peaceful or non-peaceful, when deemed necessary.

Without Reform, Islam is Predatory, Anyone in the way, including other Muslim's are fair game. That is why reform is needed. We are not talking Conversion, but being able to truly recognize free will, and learn to appreciate it.

The goal may be a tenet of faith, but most people in democracies, Muslims included, are not tied to the tenets of their faith in the way you are proposing they are.

Islam has coexisted alongside other religions for ages. Not always peacefully, but not always at war.

If it weren't for the ACLU and other groups of citizens, Christians in America would do quite a few things that would alarm and maybe hurt you.

From the outside, there is only a small degree of differences between the three Abrahamic (sp?) religions.

Right now, Islamic fundamentalists and extremists are distorting their faith. In the USA we see that with Christians and the guns, god, and gay issues. The scale of violence is different, but we live in a nation of laws where there are other avenues of expression for people who would otherwise strap on bomb vests.

We Christians, Jews and others are not very different than Muslims. We just have a history of living longer in societies with different degrees of 'progress'

We are all Human Beings First, and though of different measures, of the same nature. Christianity has Reformed, and does need to continue on that path. Islam needs to embrace that too. Those changes are not about the flavor of the day, but conscience, like the things one knows before even being told, brought out by circumstance and necessity. Look it's the Mother Ship, it's back, it remembered us, I call shotgun!!!

I don't care about W. I like the guy like I like Obama. I voted for neither of them.

imagine that?

and yes, I have defended Bush when it was warranted. But him being like a slow kid on the block, it's not always a good site.

He made both good and poor judgement. That's always a risk, especially with poor advice, the wrong kind of pressure, and poor options.So much is not what it seems, and you are stuck shooting from the hip.

imagine that?

He made both good and poor judgement. That's always a risk, especially with poor advice, the wrong kind of pressure, and poor options.So much is not what it seems, and you are stuck shooting from the hip.

Evidently Bush himself admits to being argued into doing things he says he was against. What? ?True. Watch the interviews.

It has been said for a long time that Cheney knew how to push Bush's Cowboy buttons. :lol:

sad if even only partly true

Christian proselytizing is by persuasion, just say no if you are not interested. Just put up a no soliciting sign, if you don't want to be bothered. I promise they won't blow you up or kidnap your family if you disappoint or offend them.

They don't do Slavery any more either. So there is no comparison there. We like chocolate. Muslims like chocolate. Islam does promote the expansion of Islam and Sharia Law throughout the world, it is an end goal. Most Muslims will freely admit that, without the need for torture. By any mean's peaceful or non-peaceful, when deemed necessary.

Without Reform, Islam is Predatory, Anyone in the way, including other Muslim's are fair game. That is why reform is needed. We are not talking Conversion, but being able to truly recognize free will, and learn to appreciate it.

We are all Human Beings First, and though of different measures, of the same nature. Christianity has Reformed, and does need to continue on that path. Islam needs to embrace that too. Those changes are not about the flavor of the day, but conscience, like the things one knows before even being told, brought out by circumstance and necessity. Look it's the Mother Ship, it's back, it remembered us, I call shotgun!!!

Christianity has been dragged along kicking and screaming. There are still conservative elements in all of Christianity that given the chance would drag the western world back into a dark age.

Religion (the Abe 3) was always a crutch against the unknowns of progress as well as the unknown during terrible times. Most of it is fear based - be afraid, be very afraid, of what god might do.

Religion was there for people during the dark ages, but how? What did it teach people? The enlightenment? Who fought it? I remember agreeing in principle that Islam needed a reformation, an enlightenment. Knowing more about Islam than I did a few years ago, I'm not so sure.

What most of us know about Islam is woefully inadequate and horribly ignorant.

imagine that?

Evidently Bush himself admits to being argued into doing things he says he was against. What? ?True. Watch the interviews.

It has been said for a long time that Cheney knew how to push Bush's Cowboy buttons. :lol:

Buttons??...... Buttons!!!!!!!
Ohh... Ohhhh!!!! ......Do you think Obama has an Off or Sleep Button???? :lol:

Christianity has been dragged along kicking and screaming. There are still conservative elements in all of Christianity that given the chance would drag the western world back into a dark age.

Religion (the Abe 3) was always a crutch against the unknowns of progress as well as the unknown during terrible times. Most of it is fear based - be afraid, be very afraid, of what god might do.

Religion was there for people during the dark ages, but how? What did it teach people? The enlightenment? Who fought it? I remember agreeing in principle that Islam needed a reformation, an enlightenment. Knowing more about Islam than I did a few years ago, I'm not so sure.

it's not Christianity that got dragged kicking and screaming, it's people and cultures. True, there has been reform, taking the Bible literally, in all things has changed, specifically in the ares of life and death punishment. The Scripture does have controversial passages, and what may appear as contradictions on the surface, I'm not arguing one way or the other, I'm just saying that it is more prudent to side on the side that doesn't involve Felonies as the prescribed solution. Islam is farther back on that path. On freedom of Speech and Expression, way, way back.

Buttons??...... Buttons!!!!!!!
Ohh... Ohhhh!!!! ......Do you think Obama has an Off or Sleep Button???? :lol:

Cheney pushed W.'s buttons. Bush himself keeps whining that he was against the policies he put into place. WTF?

it's not Christianity that got dragged kicking and screaming, it's people and cultures. True, there has been reform, taking the Bible literally, in all things has changed, specifically in the ares of life and death punishment. The Scripture does have controversial passages, and what may appear as contradictions on the surface, I'm not arguing one way or the other, I'm just saying that it is more prudent to side on the side that doesn't involve Felonies as the prescribed solution. Islam is farther back on that path. On freedom of Speech and Expression, way, way back.

Abrahamic religions have much in common. The differences are not all that great.

Obama was President of Harvard Law Review

and you fools? :lol:

Obama, a former president of the Harvard Law Review and a former law professor in Chicago, and you people are blowhards on an anonymous internet message board?

Yeah. I don't get that. It really doesn't fit.

It's really not all that anonymous. Think about it, Theres God, the NSA, Google, MSN, they could probably even order Chinese food for you and get it right. I do regret Privacy not being Recognized as an Unalienable Right.

I view privacy as an inalienable right as opposed to an unalienable right. :eusa_whistle:

I think one can hide in the open. As a matter of fact, I know one can do that. :eusa_shhh:

un·al·ien·a·ble (n-ly-n-bl, -l--)
adj.
Not to be separated, given away, or taken away; inalienable: "All of them . . . claim unalienable dignity as individuals" (Garrison Keillor).

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Ads by GoogleXerox Litigation Services
Your Case Strategy can always be a Winning one with Xerox.
xerox-xls.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
unalienable [ʌnˈeɪljənəbəl]
adj
Law a variant of inalienable
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
unalienable - definition of unalienable by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I've hidden in the open too.:lol:

Abrahamic religions have much in common. The differences are not all that great.

Yep. I remember going through my Anarchist For God phase. It was based on the truth that any time someone's lips moved, they screwed up the message. There is God, all around us, and then there is us, tripping and falling and stumbling at every turn, doing our best to ignore him., while claiming to speak in his name. I came to the conclusion that it is not okay to blame God for what we do to each other, with the free will he gave us.

Now I'm either a Renegade Catholic or a Post Denominational Christian, with One Major Rule, No One Else is allowed to join my Religion. There is only room for one in my Church (my body). Everyone else I direct to their own Conscience, where God has left messages.

Yeah. I don't get that. It really doesn't fit.

It's really not all that anonymous. Think about it, Theres God, the NSA, Google, MSN, they could probably even order Chinese food for you and get it right. I do regret Privacy not being Recognized as an Unalienable Right.

I view privacy as an inalienable right as opposed to an unalienable right. :eusa_whistle:

I think one can hide in the open. As a matter of fact, I know one can do that. :eusa_shhh:

un·al·ien·a·ble (n-ly-n-bl, -l--)
adj.
Not to be separated, given away, or taken away; inalienable: "All of them . . . claim unalienable dignity as individuals" (Garrison Keillor).

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Ads by GoogleXerox Litigation Services
Your Case Strategy can always be a Winning one with Xerox.
xerox-xls.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
unalienable [ʌnˈeɪljənəbəl]
adj
Law a variant of inalienable
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
unalienable - definition of unalienable by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I've hidden in the open too.:lol:

Was an actual student of Alisnky who taught me about teh advantages of hiding out in the open. :redface:

I was wondering how this one got across without the brilliant minds @ USMB picking it up. :lol:

Yep. I remember going through my Anarchist For God phase. It was based on the truth that any time someone's lips moved, they screwed up the message. There is God, all around us, and then there is us, tripping and falling and stumbling at every turn, doing our best to ignore him., while claiming to speak in his name. I came to the conclusion that it is not okay to blame God for what we do to each other, with the free will he gave us.

Now I'm either a Renegade Catholic or a Post Denominational Christian, with One Major Rule, No One Else is allowed to join my Religion. There is only room for one in my Church (my body). Everyone else I direct to their own Conscience, where God has left messages.
I was attracted to christian mysticism a while back. Comparative religious stuff. William James, cs lewis...

Orthodox retreats and an interest in joining a monastery on Mt. Athos. Would have to gone through with the full conversion.

Had mystical experiences right out of to the Cloud of Unknowing. Got very near death and had a revelation. I had read some early church fathers and books written by anonymous monks. My revelation was that there was no god.

Now, Joseph Campbell's message of Follow your bliss attracts me. Campbell's message is often misunderstood (who's isn't?) but what I take from it is that the human mind needs symbolism and myth to stay healthy. We must create our own myths and use the symbolism. The benefits of rites of passage and other things is important for the human psyche.

One advantage with knowing ones myths are not 'real' is that one will not make the errors of the ignorant. Peace of mind comes easily.

then again, WTF am I?

:rofl:

Forum List

Back