"If I could have done it (stayed anonymous), I would have."

I put this in the Religion and Ethics section, as I believe it is unethical, but also very dangerous for them, to require lottery winners to go public.

The British lottery allow you to be anonymous. I would certainly ask for that if I won. Especially if I had a really big win like over £100 million. Which does come up regularly on the euro lottery when it rolls over for a few weeks.

The British lottery allow you to be anonymous. I would certainly ask for that if I won. Especially if I had a really big win like over £100 million. Which does come up regularly on the euro lottery when it rolls over for a few weeks.

You can ask, but most US State Lotteries require winners to be identified publicly. In some cases you claim a prize through a company or trust, and protect your identity that way.

Dajjal

I like UK Premium Bonds,
which are a cross between a lottery and an investment.

A Premium Bond is a Lottery Bond issued by the United Kingdom government's National Savings and Investments agency. The bonds are entered in a regular prize draw and the government promises to buy them back, on request, for their original price. The bonds were introduced by Harold Macmillan in 1956.

The US Treasury should consider such bonds for the US. It would raise much-needed revenue for the US Treasury.

Premium Bonds – prize draw details

Odds of winning
The odds of each £1 Bond winning a prize are shown below. We calculate the number of prizes in each draw by dividing the total number of eligible Bond units by the odds.

Odds of winning Odds
From 1 August 2013 26,000 to 1

NS I - Premium Bonds prize draw details

Premium Bonds – prize draw details

Odds of winning
The odds of each £1 Bond winning a prize are shown below. We calculate the number of prizes in each draw by dividing the total number of eligible Bond units by the odds.

Odds of winning Odds
From 1 August 2013 26,000 to 1

NS I - Premium Bonds prize draw details
Yes! the British lottery allows you to remain anonymous . The press were told not to worry lottery winners by the government the first time there was a big winner. Thanks for the info about premium bonds, I had forgotten about them.

I read a similar account about some pro sports player that had to go no contact with his immediate family because they wouldn't stop asking for money and they felt like it was owed to them. They were also trying to drive a wedge between him and his girlfriend.

Forum List

Back