If I could change 1 thing in my life........

Health. It made people lose respect for me and treat me as less than. It prevented me from being a normal mom and made me dependent upon someone else for a long time. It wasted money on doctors when I could find the money to spend on them for the help I got It prevents me from working and being a provider and therefore not independent...but for all these regrets I would not be where I am nor met some of the people I met had I stayed healthy

If you could change 1 thing in your life, what would it be?
- Job?
- Marital status?
- Children?
- Health?
- something else? if so, what?

Mine would be my job. If I could be put in a situation where I had a business to fix and run, already established, I would love it! As much as I love working from home, would like to work outside the home for a while.... be around other people, but not as an employee.

That I was not terminated as a fertilized ovum.

Health. I don't have anything severe, although I have high BP. That seems to be managed for now, but I have both breast & ovarian cancer in my family & that automatically puts me at 30% higher risk of contracting at least one of them.

- Job?
- Marital status?
- Children?
- Health?

Mine would be my job. If I could be put in a situation where I had a business to fix and run, already established, I would love it! As much as I love working from home, would like to work outside the home for a while.... be around other people, but not as an employee.
I wish I hadn't held a grudge against my father for so long after my parents got divorced. I was angry at him for a long time because of the way he treated my mother. I refused to even talk to him for about 2 decades.

What I regret about it the most is that I missed getting to know my baby sister while she was growing up. I didn't even see her from the time she was a toddler cradled in my lap until her 16th birthday party because I was avoiding my Dad.

After that my sister and I became best friends right away and started hanging out together all the time. Our personalities just meshed like we had known each other all of our lives. Reconnecting with my father was great too.

You should never hold a grudge against a family member for that long.

- Job?
- Marital status?
- Children?
- Health?

I wish I hadn't held a grudge against my father for so long after my parents got divorced. I was angry at him for a long time because of the way he treated my mother. I refused to even talk to him for about 2 decades.

What I regret about it the most is that I missed getting to know my baby sister while she was growing up. I didn't even see her from the time she was a toddler cradled in my lap until her 16th birthday party because I was avoiding my Dad.

After that my sister and I became best friends right away and started hanging out together all the time. Our personalities just meshed like we had known each other all of our lives. Reconnecting with my father was great too.

You should never hold a grudge against a family member for that long.

That's awesome that it all worked out in the end. Better late than never.
My story was not so tidy!

I'd change my degree to no degree at all, spend all of that time and energy establishing credit, and then opened my own business as opposed to managing people for someone else's business, like I do now.

Good thread

Forum List

Back