If I can give anyone some political advice

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Make the election about the democrats this november and not about the tea party canidates. The tparty canidates are untested and seen as something new which makes people wary of them so we have to shift the focus from the tparty to the democrats and the Obama administration.

Make the election about the democrats and republicans sitting in office. Drive their approval rating so low that people will take anyone else. Remmeber we are in a war and we are going to win!

Make the election about the democrats this november and not about the tea party canidates. The tparty canidates are untested and seen as something new which makes people wary of them so we have to shift the focus from the tparty to the democrats and the Obama administration.

Make the election about the democrats and republicans sitting in office. Drive their approval rating so low that people will take anyone else. Remmeber we are in a war and we are going to win!

Too late. The Tea partiers are already using what power they have to install relatively weaker candidates on Republican tickets. You can't undo that.

If you replace shit with more of the same shit you get the same shit.

Come with someone who is actually willing to Change Washington and is actually Serious about Cutting Spending.. Not those who can't keep their word..

I do believe this is the most intelligent thing I have ever read on this board. I'm giving this guy some rep!

• Banned

Too late. The Tea partiers are already using what power they have to install relatively weaker candidates on Republican tickets. You can't undo that.

We will just remind everyone of the continuing deficits, health care bill, oil spill, and just plain reality about the current congress.

We can see november from our house...

Whew!! FINALLY, we're free of intimidation by that THUNDERING-HERD O' 'BAGGERS!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml2TSt-WdNM]YouTube - Keith Olbermann "Tea Time": N.C. Tea Party Crowd Thins Out - 05/13/10[/ame]

544.gif

We will just remind everyone of the continuing deficits, health care bill, oil spill, and just plain reality about the current congress.

Sounds good, It just sucks ass that I don't see many with honor on the other side of the isle either.

Quite the opposite. People are tired of the old and incumbents will need to fight HARD to retain their seats. Brining in totally new people will gain votes this time around. The problem is whether or not they are willing to do what they say.

Remember when we saw the seachange in Congress with the Republicans?

Remember how those guys weren't going to be more of same?

I suspect what most of us don't get is that by the time somebody might be elible for election to high office, they've been vetted such that those unwilling to go along to get along, are long gone.

Yeah, that's right.

Both parties sift out those who aren't going to be tools, looooooooooong before they run for office.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Run Forrest! I said RUN!!!:lol:

Remember when we saw the seachange in Congress with the Republicans?

Remember how those guys weren't going to be more of same?

I suspect what most of us don't get is that by the time somebody might be elible for election to high office, they've been vetted such that those unwilling to go along to get along, are long gone.

Yeah, that's right.

Both parties sift out those who aren't going to be tools, looooooooooong before they run for office.

Truth, so suck it up, fuckin partisans.

Ah right, so the drill baby drill deregulate industry conservatives are going to blame the oil spill on Democrats.

sadly comical.

If I vote Republican, can I call my strippers 'office supplies' for tax purposes, too?

Come with someone who is actually willing to Change Washington and is actually Serious about Cutting Spending.. Not those who can't keep their word..

Problem is that the entrenched parties can keep any meaningful number of such persons from gaining office and changing anything. The Old Republic is dead.

Well, we could always put these types back in power:

"Our predecessors reached this point and failed," said Rep. John Boehner (R-OH), House GOP Conference Chairman. "This is a defining moment in the drive for the small, more responsible government Americans want. Will we make the tough choices and meet our commitment? Or will the Balanced Budget Act simply become another empty Washington promise?"

Sounds good eh?

Probably would sound better if Boehner hadn't said it in 1998.:lol:

The "I'm not Bush" strategy may have helped out Obama, but I don't think the "I'm not a Democrat" would be so effective.

raflmao...

political advice from ihope???

really???

tff. :lol:

Yeah...it goes like this:

"I have some political advice for everyone. What we've got to do is go out there and win the election. If we don't win, then we will lose. That's all I have to say."

Problem is that you not only need to remind them of these facts, but you have to offer viable alternatives. Quite frankly, I'm not seeing alternatives coming out of the Tea Party let alone anything viable.

Quite the opposite. People are tired of the old and incumbents will need to fight HARD to retain their seats. Brining in totally new people will gain votes this time around. The problem is whether or not they are willing to do what they say.

I would agree with you that people are tired of incumbents, but according to a video I saw here last night in another thread of Rachel Maddow (man was I tempted to type "Madcow"! and I don't even know her stuff that well), if you want to see the video, let me know, I will see if I can find the thread, all this so called anti-incumbent rage has produced a total of 3 (or was it 5) incumbents losing their seats (note: we are only in the primaries) so far and two of them were party switchers (Specter being one of those) yet dozens upon dozens of incumbents have so far prevailed.

Anti-incumbent rage? Personally, I hope it shows up in November, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edit:
Here's a link to the Maddow show:

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/06/10/4489804-america-loves-incumbents-no-really

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back