If I Am Wrong About Scorpion, Prove It. See This Utube!

1.) The problem with the show is the same as the problem of trying to explain color to a blind man. Hollywood liberal writers trying to write about geniuses limits the universe they're creating to the ceiling of what the writers can imagine. The problem gets worse as the writers have to write outside of the comfort zone of their own lives and perspectives - they're not geniuses and they don't understand such people.

2.) I'm gobsmacked that they desecrated PC religion and didn't include a genius black physicist or computer ace. Maybe there is hope for the writers after all for they haven't shot the credibility of the show right from the starting gate.

Shows like that can work

did you ever watch numb3rs? I loved that show, but theres no way the writers possibly understood the math involved in every episode. Still they did a very credible job of writing.
1.) The problem with the show is the same as the problem of trying to explain color to a blind man. Hollywood liberal writers trying to write about geniuses limits the universe they're creating to the ceiling of what the writers can imagine. The problem gets worse as the writers have to write outside of the comfort zone of their own lives and perspectives - they're not geniuses and they don't understand such people.

2.) I'm gobsmacked that they desecrated PC religion and didn't include a genius black physicist or computer ace. Maybe there is hope for the writers after all for they haven't shot the credibility of the show right from the starting gate.

Shows like that can work

did you ever watch numb3rs? I loved that show, but theres no way the writers possibly understood the math involved in every episode. Still they did a very credible job of writing.
The difference is numbers didn't present itself with the typical progressive spin. Like the whole I am smart which is why I act like an asshole. No you act like an ass because you're an ass.

Explain "The typical Progressive spin" and I'll explain why I feel smart.......;)

^LOL^

If you don't see the connection..........................(clean debate)

Let's take a trip back 20 years. Smart people were seen as NERDS. Who do you suppose started that movement? Who would gain by painting smart people as something bad? Possibly the same people attacking education today, maybe?

My wife intentionally failed tests so she wouldn't stand out as a Nerd.

There has been a change today and we are FINALLY accepting smart people instead of treating them like outcasts.

But of course, not everyone smart has a "tick" such as aspergers, note, I don't think it's a tick at all. I think it's the flavor of the day for people with the ability to think without restriction.

Sure we are, which is why no one ever gives anyone a wedgie, and why smart people are never bullied in the workplace.

Trust me, the universe does not live by your delusions.

It's just a f*ckin' TV show OP. All it's designed to do is to get yer azz in front of the tube long enough to show the commercials.

You been had.

I just watched it and enjoyed it very much. Maybe a 190 IQ genius would find it stupid, but I doubt he'd be watching the boob tube anyway. It had good action, humor, touching moments and was different. The mother-in-law and I have been looking for a decent TV night, so we are going to go with this show for social night.

It's just a f*ckin' TV show OP. All it's designed to do is to get yer azz in front of the tube long enough to show the commercials.

You been had.

So you think television was only created for commercials..............SCIENCE!

^LOL^

If you don't see the connection..........................(clean debate)

Let's take a trip back 20 years. Smart people were seen as NERDS. Who do you suppose started that movement? Who would gain by painting smart people as something bad? Possibly the same people attacking education today, maybe?

My wife intentionally failed tests so she wouldn't stand out as a Nerd.

There has been a change today and we are FINALLY accepting smart people instead of treating them like outcasts.

But of course, not everyone smart has a "tick" such as aspergers, note, I don't think it's a tick at all. I think it's the flavor of the day for people with the ability to think without restriction.

Sure we are, which is why no one ever gives anyone a wedgie, and why smart people are never bullied in the workplace.

Trust me, the universe does not live by your delusions.

^I posted a historical fact. I read your post over and over but all I can make of It is the "sure we are" means you assume you are one of the smartest people in America.

I do understand that many smart people lack a sense of common sense, but political knowledge is not common sense. Political knowledge has a lot to do with true numbers and facts. But we won't be dictated by facts, will we?...........

Finally someone has made a television program about intelligent people. Scorpion premiered last night. This is a five minute summary of the premier episode.

In my field of advertising we work with genius people frequently, and must learn how to work with their quirks. While I have above average intelligence, I am no genius. However, like the waitress in Scorpion, I must find a way to plug in to their level. If CBS can keep the writing up, this could be a television GREAT!

Let us hope in the real world people become more capable of LISTENING to the smartest among us. But, for now you listen to people like me ~ advertising people who want to sell you things you do not need.

I caught about ten minutes of it, the part where they had to uplink to the computer on the plane so they had the plane fly eight feet above the car racing down the runway. Yea, that's feasible. Sorry, this show is a dud.

I just watched it and enjoyed it very much. Maybe a 190 IQ genius would find it stupid, but I doubt he'd be watching the boob tube anyway. It had good action, humor, touching moments and was different. The mother-in-law and I have been looking for a decent TV night, so we are going to go with this show for social night.

Standard IQ scales top out at 160 and when you reach that level you're at the 1 per 30,000 level. Did the show really note that someone had an IQ of 190 or are you using that as an example here?

Shows like that can work

Shows like that can work

The difference is numbers didn't present itself with the typical progressive spin. Like the whole I am smart which is why I act like an asshole. No you act like an ass because you're an ass.

Explain "The typical Progressive spin" and I'll explain why I feel smart.......;)
How about you just feel smart and be happy. No need to explain.

Standard IQ scales top out at 160 and when you reach that level you're at the 1 per 30,000 level. Did the show really note that someone had an IQ of 190 or are you using that as an example here?

I think I pulled it out of my ass. That number sticks with me because of the chess player vs supercomputer match. I don't remember his name, but I remember his IQ is 190, making him one of the all time highest. Einstein was much lower than 190, but still a genius.

^I posted a historical fact. I read your post over and over but all I can make of It is the "sure we are" means you assume you are one of the smartest people in America.

I do understand that many smart people lack a sense of common sense, but political knowledge is not common sense. Political knowledge has a lot to do with true numbers and facts. But we won't be dictated by facts, will we?...........

Why on Earth would I think I was one of the smartest people in America? Other than the fact that I once was active in Mensa, and that I got to know a garbage collector that was smarter than the average teacher?

Newsflash, I was a nerd in high school more than 20 years ago, and I never got bullied. The fact that I was also big, strong, and completely unable to conceptualize fear probably helped with that. Other people did get bullied though, and they still do.

I caught about ten minutes of it, the part where they had to uplink to the computer on the plane so they had the plane fly eight feet above the car racing down the runway. Yea, that's feasible. Sorry, this show is a dud.

One of the 'geniuses' accidentally wiped a hard drive by stuffing it into the door pocket next to a speaker because he didn't know that speakers had magnets.

One of the 'geniuses' accidentally wiped a hard drive by stuffing it into the door pocket next to a speaker because he didn't know that speakers had magnets.

This kind of thing bugs me - lazy writing. Plot devices which advance a story but must arise from character stupidity are a lazy way of writing, and simply inexcusable when the story revolves around "geniuses" for now you have very smart people doing very dumb things.

It's much harder to write a story when you can't use stupid gimmicks and lazy plotting. I understand the challenge, but the story will be much better if it's actually plausible. For this to happen though the show needs intelligent and disciplined writers.

This kind of thing bugs me - lazy writing. Plot devices which advance a story but must arise from character stupidity are a lazy way of writing, and simply inexcusable when the story revolves around "geniuses" for now you have very smart people doing very dumb things.

It's much harder to write a story when you can't use stupid gimmicks and lazy plotting. I understand the challenge, but the story will be much better if it's actually plausible. For this to happen though the show needs intelligent and disciplined writers.

Bingo.

The plot of the first episode jumped from one stupid thing to another in an attempt to heighten suspense. All it did for me was to convince me that they have hack writers that don't know anything, and cannot even stay consistent to the rules they set out. For example, they tried to connect to an airplane WiFi as it flew past the tower, but claimed that the differential in speed between the laptop and the plane made that impossible. I won't go into the ridiculous idea that you can run a cable from a plane in flight to a laptop, but I will point out that when that laptop connected to the LA tower it was going as fast as the plane that they couldn't connect to in the first place.

If the writing doesn't improve fast I will be laughing at everything this show does.

Bingo.

The plot of the first episode jumped from one stupid thing to another in an attempt to heighten suspense. All it did for me was to convince me that they have hack writers that don't know anything, and cannot even stay consistent to the rules they set out. For example, they tried to connect to an airplane WiFi as it flew past the tower, but claimed that the differential in speed between the laptop and the plane made that impossible. I won't go into the ridiculous idea that you can run a cable from a plane in flight to a laptop, but I will point out that when that laptop connected to the LA tower it was going as fast as the plane that they couldn't connect to in the first place.

If the writing doesn't improve fast I will be laughing at everything this show does.

I just watched it.

Were there no parked planes that they could access? Planes do undergo servicing. Was there no server back-up to that one hard drive?

Smart writing would involve writers boxing themselves into tight spaces and then thinking of ingenious ways of getting themselves out of the box. Lazy writing just jumps to solutions, no matter how implauisble, so long as the solution looks cool or serves some purpose.

I thought it sucked...

The subject of this thread is "If I am wrong about Scorpion, Prove it. See this utube"

Have a look at Monday's overnight ratings. Statistically speaking, your opinion is irrelevant. TV Ratings Gotham Scorpion rock Monday like a hurricane Sleepy Hollow is drowsy

fakeearth.gif
The OP is replete with your opinion. Your opinion can't be proved wrong. It is just different. I wouldn't give you a dime for a video of every episode of Scorpion recorded.

The speed and accuracy with which the characters react and make statements is generated by the script which may have taken a self anointed "genius think tank" weeks to write...and they could have been on drugs while doing it.

Forum List

Back