If I Am Wrong About Scorpion, Prove It. See This Utube!

Beachboy

Irritated Indy Voter
Apr 8, 2013
Pacific Palisades, CA & Albuquerque, NM
Finally someone has made a television program about intelligent people. Scorpion premiered last night. This is a five minute summary of the premier episode.

In my field of advertising we work with genius people frequently, and must learn how to work with their quirks. While I have above average intelligence, I am no genius. However, like the waitress in Scorpion, I must find a way to plug in to their level. If CBS can keep the writing up, this could be a television GREAT!

Let us hope in the real world people become more capable of LISTENING to the smartest among us. But, for now you listen to people like me ~ advertising people who want to sell you things you do not need.

Finally someone has made a television program about intelligent people. Scorpion premiered last night. This is a five minute summary of the premier episode.

In my field of advertising we work with genius people frequently, and must learn how to work with their quirks. While I have above average intelligence, I am no genius. However, like the waitress in Scorpion, I must find a way to plug in to their level. If CBS can keep the writing up, this could be a television GREAT!

Let us hope in the real world people become more capable of LISTENING to the smartest among us. But, for now you listen to people like me ~ advertising people who want to sell you things you do not need.

Yes, USMB puts me in touch with people who believe they are geniuses and they never tire of telling us how smart they are

You can't sell to me...But I do listen...
The scrip on Scorpion is so fast, I had to pause the DVR to replay some of the words and actions. This is "high impact" (lots of fast action), television. And, perhaps the first of its kind.

scorpion_4.jpg

1.) The problem with the show is the same as the problem of trying to explain color to a blind man. Hollywood liberal writers trying to write about geniuses limits the universe they're creating to the ceiling of what the writers can imagine. The problem gets worse as the writers have to write outside of the comfort zone of their own lives and perspectives - they're not geniuses and they don't understand such people.

2.) I'm gobsmacked that they desecrated PC religion and didn't include a genius black physicist or computer ace. Maybe there is hope for the writers after all for they haven't shot the credibility of the show right from the starting gate.

1.) The problem with the show is the same as the problem of trying to explain color to a blind man. Hollywood liberal writers trying to write about geniuses limits the universe they're creating to the ceiling of what the writers can imagine. The problem gets worse as the writers have to write outside of the comfort zone of their own lives and perspectives - they're not geniuses and they don't understand such people.

2.) I'm gobsmacked that they desecrated PC religion and didn't include a genius black physicist or computer ace. Maybe there is hope for the writers after all for they haven't shot the credibility of the show right from the starting gate.

Shows like that can work

did you ever watch numb3rs? I loved that show, but theres no way the writers possibly understood the math involved in every episode. Still they did a very credible job of writing.

Shows like that can work

did you ever watch numb3rs? I loved that show, but theres no way the writers possibly understood the math involved in every episode. Still they did a very credible job of writing.

Take a 12 year old kid and have him write a story focused on adults, say a marital problem or a problem with one's boss. How authentic does that story seem?

Take an 85 IQ person (15.9 percentile) and have him write a story about the way a 115 IQ person (84.1 percentile) sees the world. How authentically does that come across? Now take that 115 IQ Hollywood writer (84.1 percentile) and have him write of the 145 IQ genius (99.9 percentile) and the distance in how people think is about the same.

So there's no hope of authenticity here because a.) it's structurally impossible for a dummy to write about what a genius sees, and b.) even if they could write authentically, the audience would be lost. The mean IQ of the American audience is now down to 96.6.

You are wrong.

Scorpion Brings the Stupidest Most Batshit Insane Hacker Scene Ever

It has never failed to amaze me that someone coined the term "liberal media," when there is no such thing. Here is a list of the owners of television stations around the planet. All are major corporations, and you can find the details of ownership in each link. The media giants are all right wing, conservative business people. Television Stations By Owner - Station Index

So, why the term "liberal media?" Because those who do not like the news or programming they see on television just need someone to blame for the fact that they are out of touch with reality. As the late William Paley, founder of CBS and conservative Republican who supported Richard Nixon to the very end, once said, "It is the job of CBS NOT to LEAD change in our society, but to NEVER be more than one step behind it."

If you are really an expert on mass media, shouldn't you be at work managing a television station instead of spreading inaccuracy on an internet message board?

small_Paley_3CBS.jpg

Bill Paley

Last edited:
The OP

Last edited:
I thought it sucked...

The subject of this thread is "If I am wrong about Scorpion, Prove it. See this utube"

Have a look at Monday's overnight ratings. Statistically speaking, your opinion is irrelevant. TV Ratings Gotham Scorpion rock Monday like a hurricane Sleepy Hollow is drowsy

fakeearth.gif

Yeah, I know what the topic is. So what? I gave my opinion. Tough shit. Did you not expect someone to give their opinion of the show? How naïve you must be. Get over it. As for my opinion being irrelevant, I don't care, most people's opinions are irrelevant. I'll throw it out there anyway...

I thought it sucked.

All Pilots up until now sucked....This pilot owned most modern movies.

I'm curious what events they stated "Inspired Scorpion".

Because to be honest, this pilot was like Die Hard on steroids.

Scorpion is a who about what stupid people think smart people are like, just like Big Bang Theory is a show about what non geeks think geeks are like.

Scorpion is a who about what stupid people think smart people are like, just like Big Bang Theory is a show about what non geeks think geeks are like.
^LOL^

If you don't see the connection..........................(clean debate)

Let's take a trip back 20 years. Smart people were seen as NERDS. Who do you suppose started that movement? Who would gain by painting smart people as something bad? Possibly the same people attacking education today, maybe?

My wife intentionally failed tests so she wouldn't stand out as a Nerd.

There has been a change today and we are FINALLY accepting smart people instead of treating them like outcasts.

But of course, not everyone smart has a "tick" such as aspergers, note, I don't think it's a tick at all. I think it's the flavor of the day for people with the ability to think without restriction.

Shows like that can work

Shows like that can work

The difference is numbers didn't present itself with the typical progressive spin. Like the whole I am smart which is why I act like an asshole. No you act like an ass because you're an ass.

Forum List

Back