If I am Trumps lawyers, I use a video and show the DEMS witnesses from the House Hearings

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I've seen the Dems use video in this trial, so, if I am Trumps lawyers, why not throw in the words of the Dem witnesses themselves from the House investigation to counter their own arguments!?

Many of the witnesses claimed they didn't even meet Trump. Others said it was opinion, admitted Obama didn't send anything, admitted Trump didn't break the law, there was "no quid pro quo" etc. So why not provide that in bits and pieces on top of the arguments his lawyers will make?

It would not only satisfy the Dems push for witnesses (which they should have done in the House investigation), but, it would also use their own witnesses against themselves.

Also, seems Schiff is afraid of Russia again.

Schiff warns of Russian attack on US mainland, as Day 2 of Trump's Senate impeachment trial concludes

I'm sure that Trump's defense team will have many select videos to show.
1. Sondland getting straightened out about his "presumption" of a quid-pro-quo.
2. Jim Jordan's favorite convoluted line of testimony regarding 3rd and 4th hand information
3. That all 2nd and 3rd hand "evidence" and "witnesses" are inadmissible

In summary,
Article-1 is dead because hearsay evidence is not allowed in the senate
Article-2 is dead because the USSC killed it when they took the House subpoena v Trump's tax records, proving that Trump has due process rights, and there is no such thing as "Obstruction of the House".

I've got a much crazier idea for you - have people directly involved tesify.

6tmI.gif

Super crazy idea.

1. Sondland getting straightened out about his "presumption" of a quid-pro-quo.

Can you explain why Sondland would presume such a crazy thing?

You seriously think he was freelancing? That he simply made this conditionality up? That he made up that EVERYONE involved knew exactly what was going on? that everyone understood the quid-pro-quo.

You seriously think that when Mulveney DIRECTLY ADMITTED quid-pro-quo publicly, that he held up the aid at Trump's order to pressure Ukraine for investigations, he was just making things up?

Why are Trump and Republicans fighting tooth and nail to prevent Mulveney coming before congress and clear all this up?

The answer is simple my petty rw chums - BECAUSE THEY ARE FULL OF SHIT.

Last edited:

6tmI.gif

Super crazy idea.

Maybe you missed the House investigation. That would be the source of said videos.

By the way, NONE of these witnesses were Trumps.

6tmI.gif

Super crazy idea.

Maybe you missed the House investigation. That would be the source of said videos.

EVERYONE DIRECTLY INVOLVED WAS INVITED TO TESTISTIFY.

EVERYONE DIRECTLY INVOLVED WAS INSTRUCTED BY THE WH TO NOT TESTIFY.

As a practical matter House can't MAKE people testify that don't want to defy Trump's order. It would take a year to resolve this through courts ( see McGhan)

Last edited:

Then the House Dems should have gone to the courts if they have a problem with executive privilege, as the Constitution calls for. Instead, they withdrew the subpoenas and went straight to impeachment in an attempt to criminalize Trumps Constitutional right to EP.

Then the House Dems should have gone to the courts if they have a problem with executive privilege, as the Constitution calls for. Instead, they withdrew the subpoenas and went straight to impeachment in an attempt to criminalize Trumps Constitutional right to EP.

Oh yes, lets allow Trump play the never ending delay game that would take years to resolve....while Trump is still abusing his office, still pressuring Ukraine for investigations.

Congress has been seeking McGhan testimony for 8 months now...you know when thats happening? You know how many more round of appeals that will go through?

If you fools really belive Trump did nothing wrong then the rational thing for you to do would be to 100% support relavant witness testimony that would clear Trump and embarrass Democrat's impeachment effort.

So you are either bat shit crazy or in your heart of hearts do actually understand that Trump is GUILTY AS A SIN and thats exactly what all the people involved will testify.

Last edited:

6tmI.gif

Super crazy idea.

Yup and the whole thing was done behind closed doors. All I've heard is hearsay. Not one of the "witnesses" was directly involved in any of it.

6tmI.gif

Super crazy idea.

As a practical matter House can't MAKE people testify that don't want to defy Trump's order. It would take a year to resolve this through courts ( see McGhan)

Two words - Executive Privilege.

6tmI.gif

Super crazy idea.

Yup and the whole thing was done behind closed doors. All I've heard is hearsay. Not one of the "witnesses" was directly involved in any of it.

No problem, hear it directly from the horse's mouth, in the open, in the very-fair Republican Senate - DEMAND WITNESS TESTIMONY.

Why is this such a crazy idea for Republcians?

Last edited:

Oh yes, lets allow Trump play the never ending delay game that would take years to resolve....while Trump is still abusing his office, still pressuring Ukraine for investigations.

Congress has been seeking McGhan testimony for 8 months now...you know when thats happening? You know how many more round of appeals that will go through?

If you fools really belive Trump did nothing wrong then the rational thing for you to do would be to 100% support relavant witness testimony that would clear Trump and embarrass Democrat's impeachment effort.

So you are either bat shit crazy or in your heart of hearts do actually understand that Trump is GUILTY AS A SIN and thats exactly what all the people involved will testify.
The House didn't want to go to the courts because they knew the courts would not rule in their favor. Your problem (as usual) is with the Constitution.

6tmI.gif

Super crazy idea.

No problem, hear it directly from the horse's mouth, in the open, in the very-fair Republican Senate - DEMAND WITNESS TESTIMONY.

Why is this such a crazy idea for Republcians?

Does that mean the Bidens and the Whistleblowers or only those against the duly elected president?

Speaking of which, There are a few videos of some of these people I'm sure could or will be shared...

I've seen the Dems use video in this trial, so, if I am Trumps lawyers, why not throw in the words of the Dem witnesses themselves from the House investigation to counter their own arguments!?

Many of the witnesses claimed they didn't even meet Trump. Others said it was opinion, admitted Obama didn't send anything, admitted Trump didn't break the law, there was "no quid pro quo" etc. So why not provide that in bits and pieces on top of the arguments his lawyers will make?

It would not only satisfy the Dems push for witnesses (which they should have done in the House investigation), but, it would also use their own witnesses against themselves.

Also, seems Schiff is afraid of Russia again.

Schiff warns of Russian attack on US mainland, as Day 2 of Trump's Senate impeachment trial concludes
Bingo.

And throw in all their "expert Constitutional Scholars" who testified Trump did nothing impeachable.

Forum List

Back